Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipe Rat View Post
    I cant seem to download the Onix patch file 2.720. My computer is asking me what app I want to open the file with. I had no problem downloading and installing the 2.7 Onix software update. Any ideas?
    "X" are International Versions with more languages, meet CTICK standards, etc that allow them to be sold internationally.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

2. Member
    I just ordered 2 onix 8 ct si units that will be here Monday . I can't wait to get these hooked up and going. But I have a couple of questions.
    1. My boat a 2013 fx21 has a built in shoot through the hull transducer for 2d sonar. Will this work with the Onix unit?? If so, do I need any adapter or anything??

2. My trolling motor has a built in transducer. I have a Minn Kota fortrex, will this transducer work with the onix? Answer will it need any special adapter ???

3. If I download the new software, assuming it isn't already on the units, will these above mentioned transducers work with the chirp sonar??

4. What cable do I need to link the 2 onix units together? Is it the same cable as the core units??

Thank you for your help and support... That is what makes this place rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter james View Post
    I just ordered 2 onix 8 ct si units that will be here Monday . I can't wait to get these hooked up and going. But I have a couple of questions.
    1. My boat a 2013 fx21 has a built in shoot through the hull transducer for 2d sonar. Will this work with the Onix unit?? If so, do I need any adapter or anything??

2. My trolling motor has a built in transducer. I have a Minn Kota fortrex, will this transducer work with the onix? Answer will it need any special adapter ???

3. If I download the new software, assuming it isn't already on the units, will these above mentioned transducers work with the chirp sonar??

4. What cable do I need to link the 2 onix units together? Is it the same cable as the core units??

Thank you for your help and support... That is what makes this place rock!!!

1. Depends on what sonar brand transducer you have for shoot-thru now.

2. If you are going to use the SI transducer on the trolling, you won't use the US2

3. The built-in CHIRP uses the standard transducer-- no hardware change.

4. Same Ethernet cable--AS EC 20 E is the 20' version.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 SI, ONIXCI 10 NT SI, 1198c SI, 1198cSI, bow 360, RC-1
    1.350,--------2.700, -----------7.670, ----7.670------2.030

1. If it's a Humminbird CORE unit transducer, then an AD 1429 adaptor will allow the Onix to connect to it. Then a AS 14 SIDB Y cable will be needed to run both the in hull and NEW Onix SI transducer. You can then mount the new SI ducer up and out of harms way.

2. Someone else will answer.

3. Yes to CHIRP

4. You need the correct length of Ethernet cable. Example: AS EC 20e is the 20 footer. They are available in 2, 10, 15, 20.

Let us know if you need anything else.
    Jimmy Young
    2013 Nitro Z-9
    Mercury 250 ProXS
    MercMonitor level 3
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird Onix 10ci SI NT
    Humminbird Onix 8ci CT
    Humminbird Onix 10ci NT, RC-1 remote at bow
    Humminbird Onix 8ci CT at bow
    Humminbird 360
    Lakemaster SmartStrike Mapping
    Motorguide TR109 Tour Edition
    Dual Power-Pole Sportsman II
    BlueWaterLED Pro Boat and Rod Locker Kits
    GoPro Hero3+ Black and Hero3 Black

TWITTER:@JimmyNitroZ9

5. Member
    Thank you guys for your help and knowledge... That's exactly why I ask my questions here....

6. Member
    Can i make my keypad buttons light up while using them? I was outside toying with the unit in pitch dark and the buttons wouldn't light up. They do when I turn it on and at other times but I was sitting in the boat studying maps and the buttons weren't lighting up. I've looked in settings but can't find anything.

Push the Power button, turn on Night Mode and then turn it off.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 SI, ONIXCI 10 NT SI, 1198c SI, 1198cSI, bow 360, RC-1
    1.350,--------2.700, -----------7.670, ----7.670------2.030

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031