Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    Not sure what you mean by the "till the cursor is active"? Please explain. Thanks.
    seems like on my unit, when just the boat icon was present sometime the zooming would be jerky. activate the cursor with the joystick and then the zooming function would smooth out.ttry your unit out to see if I'm correct.

2. Member
    Gotcha'. I just went out and played with it some more. I still see the hesitation or jerkiness with the cursor active. It seems like it's easy to reproduce, too. If you zoom with the ring, let off it and then immediately zoom some more, it will often times not respond. I guess it's trying to paint everything onto the screen, thinking you are done zooming, and won't respond again until it gets to a certain settled state. It's still better than trying to pinch zoom, though.
    John

3. Member
    My conditions, BM 360 connected directly to Onix CI NT mounted on bow and 1198 mounted on console? I do have the Ethernet hub from past
    configuration but not currently in use. After I install current Onix update and connect all components to Ethernet hub. Can I create a waypoint on the SI 1198 screen and will it show waypoint on Onix 360 screen?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaverboat View Post
    My conditions, BM 360 connected directly to Onix CI NT mounted on bow and 1198 mounted on console? I do have the Ethernet hub from past
    configuration but not currently in use. After I install current Onix update and connect all components to Ethernet hub. Can I create a waypoint on the SI 1198 screen and will it show waypoint on Onix 360 screen?
    I would think it should since the unit doesn't know which screen you set the waypoint on. If your Ethernet Hub isn't the latest model you will have to update.

Humminbird | AS ETH 5PXG

5. Member
    I just bought new skeeter with Onix 10 and Onix 8. They have not been updated ever. I plan on purchasing a blank SD card today and downloading the new update. Do I have to download prior updates first or will new update be complete? I also purchased Autochart Pro, when should I insert their SD card? New to HB products, have been reading and viewing as much info as possible, you guys seem to know the Real Deal. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    John

6. Member
    You have to be at release 2.0 before upgrading to 2.3, from what I read.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Garcia View Post
    I just bought new skeeter with Onix 10 and Onix 8. They have not been updated ever. I plan on purchasing a blank SD card today and downloading the new update. Do I have to download prior updates first or will new update be complete? I also purchased Autochart Pro, when should I insert their SD card? New to HB products, have been reading and viewing as much info as possible, you guys seem to know the Real Deal. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    John
    Read the download notes:

• It is highly recommended (although not required) that users restore defaults after updating to 2.300 in order to get all of the new features included with this release. Users can export their menu settings and then re-import them after they restore defaults.
    • The 2.000 PATCH is now built into this software. The 2.000 PATCH is obsolete and should not be used with a 2.300 installation. If the 2.000 PATCH is installed on a 2.300 installation there will be no negative results but this should be avoided.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Question? I installed the 2.30 with the 2.31 patch file before the combined 2.30 and 2.31 that came out.
    The sys info page tells me to install the 2.31 update, I do the update but it does not work. It keeps telling me to update when I check back after the update

Should I download the newer 2.30 and try to load that update? It looks like the 2.30 files are all the same size, just missing the the 2.31 file now?

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

9. Member
    I just need clarification. I loaded patch on Onix CI a week ago to allow 360 to function properly and it works fine. So, if I update to 2.30 it includes patch,correct? But will I experience any adverse effects because of previously installed patch? I had problems starting off with the Onix and just do not want to create future challenges.

10. Banned
    I just need clarification. I loaded patch on Onix CI a week ago to allow 360 to function properly and it works fine. So, if I update to 2.30 it includes patch,correct? But will I experience any adverse effects because of previously installed patch? I had problems starting off with the Onix and just do not want to create future challenges.
    That is a very good question.... I would call support on this one. I know there have been a very small percentage of units that needed that patch to work correctly so only HB would know if that same patch is included in this update.

11. Member
    I installed 2.3 on Onix and connected 360 directly to Onix everything worked fine. I connected Onix & 360 to ethernet hub as well as 1198. Onix and 1198 did not recognize 360. Any thoughts ? I'm basically looking go share waypoints.

I installed 2.3 on Onix and connected 360 directly to Onix everything worked fine. I connected Onix & 360 to ethernet hub as well as 1198. Onix and 1198 did not recognize 360. Any thoughts ? I'm basically looking go share waypoints.

Do you have the old Ethernet switch or the new one? Humminbird | AS ETH 5PXG
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

13. Member
    Yes, the 408450-1 5 Port Ethernet Switch .

Did you try to connect the Onix and 360 by themselves thru the switch with the 1198 disconnected? Usually, these kind of problems require systematically eliminating things to determine the point of failure.......The 360 requires different firmware for the 1198 than the Onix .... The problem could be related to that..... I will be surprised if you can get them both to talk to the 360.

15. Member
    No, I did not try to disconnect the 1198. I will certainly start the trouble shoot process. I will also reach out to HB customer service for advice.

16. Banned
    No, I did not try to disconnect the 1198. I will certainly start the trouble shoot process. I will also reach out to HB customer service for advice.
    Like Bob said isolate everything you can before calling HB. It will put you way ahead of the game if you need their help.

17. Member
    HB customer service is sending 2.31 patch for sharing waypoints. We will see how everything works out.

Here is some screen captures of Stopping the Sonar Ping and Enabling it again and what you will see.

Once Enabled you will see the above message before it goes back to working as prior to disabling
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

19. Member
    Yes, but you don't have to do that anymore with the 2.3 release. Just put it in Standby and it automatically turns off pinging. You do see the "Local Transducer Enabled" message when you wake it up out of Standby mode now.
    John

20. Banned
    oooops

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast