Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 689
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    634
    #21
    But did you go into the settings menu and restored defaults, or just rebooted the unit?

  2. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    11
    #22
    Here's some photos for diagnostics.

    Notice in the satellite view.......the lights are on but no ones home.


    photo-8.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    photo-5.jpg

    and yes.....I haven't updated to 1.150 as of yet, but look at the born on date.... 4/12/2014. Three weeks ago, and it wasn't updated at the factory?......interesting. Usually, in the computer world, an update wouldn't even be suggested until it was well exercised in house for more than a few weeks. They are truly scrambling to clean up this premature launch.
    If they did in-fact test this unit before it went into a box..... didn't they notice the internal GPS was "not connected"?

    Honestly, Humminbird became relevant again in the fishing world (especially competitive fishing world) about 8 years ago with SI and I hope they don't throw it all away with this one. There seems to many glitches for this to go without notice. So far my issues are minimal, but its early in my journey. I should have delayed on the fact that none of the
    "Pros" are running any this technology. They all run 1199's.

    I'm not freaked out by all this........as I have spent plenty of money with Humminbird over the years and mostly been satisfied, But C'mon now.

    -S
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by iScott; 05-10-2014 at 09:23 PM.

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    11
    #23
    yes....restored factory defaults. Then reboot..no chip

  4. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,629
    #24
    I'm freaked by all this.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

    "Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    11
    #25
    I hear you Da Toad........I have learned to have a certain level of acceptance when it comes to electrical devices. Also, I'm a serious tournament angler, so I have a back up plan for "just incase" this sort of thing happened.

  6. Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Vero Beach
    Posts
    5
    #26
    Very disappointed in the Onix. Lots of software problems. Multiple times during the day, you push one button on the screen and the one next to it is what comes up. You cant just put in multible lat/long numbers. Buttons on the screen sometimes don't want to work. The interface to do some features are very obscure. Over all, a big disappointment.

  7. Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NE Mississippi
    Posts
    7,385
    #27
    Iscott

    I just did a reverse lat/long search and according to the lat/long in the location box you are in India

    Latitude and Longitude to Address

  8. Skeeterboy1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cameron
    Posts
    720
    #28
    I was trying to setup my views SI was and has been working great on my tin boat. Got my Skeeter all wired up this week and just flip flop units and had all kinds of problems 360 wouldn't stay on when first out like maybe the GPS was not hooking up then got that to stay on but lost SI. I did end up have a battery issue 3-4 hours into trip brand new and it died on the water so got a new one will. Try it today
    <')))><

  9. Member Bob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Creve Coeur
    Posts
    4,054
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterboy1 View Post
    I was trying to setup my views SI was and has been working great on my tin boat. Got my Skeeter all wired up this week and just flip flop units and had all kinds of problems 360 wouldn't stay on when first out like maybe the GPS was not hooking up then got that to stay on but lost SI. I did end up have a battery issue 3-4 hours into trip brand new and it died on the water so got a new one will. Try it today
    The battery was most likely your problem.....low power will cause all kinds of strange issues.

  10. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    11
    #30
    Well, I did the update.......1.150. No change. but I have a manual now. NO GPS !!!!

    I love these Resource information pages.

    Company Reps.....whether they be prostaffers, or Tech guys, that post these pages really crack me up.

    When a new product comes out, they are all so happy to post all the reasons why we should run right out and spend our hard earned money.
    But as soon as things get complicated .......their heads seem to be in the sand. It's fine for them, they get their discount, a few hats, and a company hoody. All the while singing praises.

    Where are they now?

    Sent an email to customer service.............3 days ago..........I've got nothing but an automated response.

    Where are they now ??

    Called a 800 number that did not work all weekend.......and today a machine picked up. Thats it so far.

    Ordered the unit in Feb, received unit at the end of April. A two month wait...during prime fishing season.

    I wouldn't be in the category of " HAppy Customer" right now.

    And lets be honest here, all this for a touch screen......because other than that...its a 1199, if that, and it won't even talk to a Unit that was purchased a year ago........Nice Job Humminbird....Nice Job!

    =S
    Last edited by iScott; 05-12-2014 at 01:39 PM.

  11. Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Vero Beach
    Posts
    5
    #31

    customer service

    I had the unit one week. Had all kinds of problems. After a few chances of trying to get ahold of someone, I get an email.
    He says, "lets first update your software". Really, a one week old unit has old software? Are they sending out units with bad software?

  12. Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NE Mississippi
    Posts
    7,385
    #32
    Call them back again and wait for a person. I personally have never had to wait more than a few minutes for a rep to pick up.

  13. Member Wayne P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    22,742
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by captdavis1 View Post
    I had the unit one week. Had all kinds of problems. After a few chances of trying to get ahold of someone, I get an email.
    He says, "lets first update your software". Really, a one week old unit has old software? Are they sending out units with bad software?
    What is the serial number?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 SI, ONIXCI 10 NT SI, 1198c SI, 1198cSI, bow 360, RC-1
    1.400,--------3.040, -----------7.670, ----7.670----2.030

  14. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    634
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by iScott View Post
    Well, I did the update.......1.150. No change. but I have a manual now. NO GPS !!!!

    I love these Resource information pages.

    Company Reps.....whether they be prostaffers, or Tech guys, that post these pages really crack me up.

    When a new product comes out, they are all so happy to post all the reasons why we should run right out and spend our hard earned money.
    But as soon as things get complicated .......their heads seem to be in the sand. It's fine for them, they get their discount, a few hats, and a company hoody. All the while singing praises.

    Where are they now?

    Sent an email to customer service.............3 days ago..........I've got nothing but an automated response.

    Where are they now ??

    Called a 800 number that did not work all weekend.......and today a machine picked up. Thats it so far.

    Ordered the unit in Feb, received unit at the end of April. A two month wait...during prime fishing season.

    I wouldn't be in the category of " HAppy Customer" right now.

    And lets be honest here, all this for a touch screen......because other than that...its a 1199, if that, and it won't even talk to a Unit that was purchased a year ago........Nice Job Humminbird....Nice Job!

    =S
    Sent you a pm with contacts brother.

  15. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boerne, Texas
    Posts
    11,296
    #35
    So FishFood, you have yours on order yet?

  16. Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NE Mississippi
    Posts
    7,385
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    So FishFood, you have yours on order yet?
    Not yet

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boerne, Texas
    Posts
    11,296
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Not yet

    Lol, you better get that list of contacts from Diel!

    Diel, so you said a few weeks ago that you liked your Onix so much that you might buy another one. Is that still the thinking? Kosmo has some pretty cool images from his.

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Frisco, TX
    Posts
    634
    #38
    The bow unit is on order but hasn't made it here yet. I had a rough start but I haven't had many problems since the update. Once in a while I will try to zoom out and it will zoom in on the chart screen but other than that it's been working great. Finds GPS quickly and the 360 and I pilot link have been fine also.

    On a side note I just received the Garmin 1040xs with GVC10 so we'll see how that one works once I install it. Only problem so far is work has picked up so now the on water time has decreased.

  19. Moderator Doug Vahrenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Higginsville, MO
    Posts
    22,195
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by iScott View Post

    Company Reps.....whether they be prostaffers, or Tech guys, that post these pages really crack me up.

    When a new product comes out, they are all so happy to post all the reasons why we should run right out and spend our hard earned money.
    But as soon as things get complicated .......their heads seem to be in the sand. It's fine for them, they get their discount, a few hats, and a company hoody. All the while singing praises.

    Where are they now?

    I own a business too and right now is the crazy time of the year in the Farm Equipment Industry. Only have so many hours in a day and right now I can't be everywhere for everybody. The best source for immediate action is calling Humminbird Customer Service during normal business hours. Hoping I can get on here more this week but business was crazy again today.

    Honestly 1.150 is working very well for me. I've have couple small quirks some may be me and learning the new system. Last weekend bow 360 would not start pinging shut down and restarted and started working again...but I do know I started pushing buttons fast to get started fishing. Bass Fishing getting ready to get crazy with the fish trying to go on the bed this week. So I'm fishing more than learning all the things these units have in them but that will come soon. Overall the unit has worked better than expected for something with a brand new platform and design.

    One thing I'm liking is the Bow 360 with the ONIX










    --


    http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

    BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

    Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

  20. Moderator Doug Vahrenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Higginsville, MO
    Posts
    22,195
    #40
    Also impressed with the target separation with the new ONIX

    --


    http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

    BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

    Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast