Few Okhissa Fish!

Here's a few from this weekend in Okhissa. Very tough fishing with the high pressure system hanging on top of us. We caught 4 fish yesterday evening from 2 til dark thirty and 7 this morning. We left at 10:00am. The fish we did catch were very nice. I have to figure out a way to get Hunter to set the hook while Frog fishing. He missed 6 fish this morning. He gets aggravated easily when he misses them. I hope he don't quit on me. Any tips would be appreciated. I will have some Go Pro videos tonite. Oh and I almost got spooled a few times. Bwahahahahaha

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Very nice toads Lane !!

Ben Brooks, Baton Rouge, LA
    Javelin 389TE / 175 Evinrude

3. Member
    Man that's some nice hogs
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

4. Member
    Guess I need to branch out from b black

5. Member
    I had the choice to go today but for some Dumb A$$ Reason I decided to stay home and get some work done this weekend. Oh well. Next weekend I'll be tossing a frog! My luck a cold front will blow through Friday night.
    Nice job man!
    "Touts les jours sont pas le meme chose, mais tout le jour sont le meme merde"
    www.southerncustomengraving.com
    Gun Engraving and Custom Jewelry in Baton Rouge by Layne Zuelke

6. Member
    Nice fish

Some good fish
    1991 Blazer VLX-150 / 2003 Mercury 150 XR6
    2015 Ranger 521C/ 2019 Mercury Racing 300R

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dats some nice fish!!!
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by southern custom View Post
    I had the choice to go today but for some Dumb A$$ Reason I decided to stay home and get some work done this weekend. Oh well. Next weekend I'll be tossing a frog! My luck a cold front will blow through Friday night.
    Nice job man!
    Let me tell you. We struggled to say the least. This bluebird high prssure system has those fish shutdown for the most part. We got up there at 1:00pm Saturday evening and only caught 5 fish and caught 7 fish Sunday morning. We only fished til 10:00am though. But they were all very nice size. We had a bad bad Saturday night. We slept at my B-n-Laws hunting camp. We had to take a 3.5 mile ride in the backroads which was dirt and it was dusty dusty. Man that Bullet was some ugly when I got to the camp. We couldn't find the camp at first which we got there at 11:30pm and we were whipped out.

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Man those are some nice ones
    JASON BLOODSWORTH

RANGER 188 VS-YAMAHA 150

"This bluebird high pressure system has those fish shutdown for the most part"

Know the feeling ,had 4 Sunday evening

521 vs 250 pro XS

12. Member
    Can you get by with the trailer hook on a frog? If they will hit a ribbit, rig it on a wire weed guard weedless hook with the hook and weed guard out the top. I have done this for my daughter and she has had great luck with it. It really only takes a sweeping hookset with that rig.

13. Member
    There was a high school tournament there Sat also. I think 6 overs weighed in? One over 9 and another close to 9. I struggled big time tho. My student caught his 3 and culled once.

Quote Originally Posted by indybassman72 View Post
    There was a high school tournament there Sat also. I think 6 overs weighed in? One over 9 and another close to 9. I struggled big time tho. My student caught his 3 and culled once.
    I got there around 1:00pm and I saw a good many students fishing in and around the area I was in. I launched on the North end and I believe the TX was out of the South landing. Kinda nice to launch and get up on plane for a short distance instead of idling the whole way. There is a Big Ole Bass right now in Okhissa wearing a Frog on his face I can assure you.

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS