Tracker PT175 deck/storage bin removal-Need Welding

I have a crack on the side of the keel guard on my 2005 Tracker pt 175. I have taken the front portion of my deck off but need to remove the front storage bins. the main storage compartment is riveted in place so if I don't have to remove it, I don't want to. The back portion of the front deck has a plastic bin that is riveted in place. I have broke it loose from the rivets and will screw it back in place, however it is formed and I feel like I will need to remove more of the deck to get it out. The portion of the deck that I haven't removed is riveted. Anybody have any ideas as to next steps? How to get the storage bin out?

I am not the original owner and being a 2005 there is no warranty option. I have a welder lined up, just want to make sure everything is cleared so it doesn't spark up.

Do you have any pictures you could post of exactly what is going on? Sorry to hear about the weld issues on your boat. Hopefully you can get it fixed up and on the water again soon.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    I'll get some pics up tonight, but, here's the story. Got the deck off, the main storage compartment is riveted in, drilled out the rivets, took the compartment out, cut the foam out over the crack, 4 inches on each side of the crack need to be removed to safely weld it. I was told that if it was welded with the foam in "better have enough insurance coverage cause this thing will burn up". I'll put pics of every step on so if anyone runs into this problem they will have an idea of what needs to be done.

Yea you will want to leave plenty of room away from the foam for welding. I would say even more than 4" since heat transfers so quickly thru aluminum and its thinner material. Sucks you have to go thru all this but hope it gets fixed soon. Pics may certainly come in handy for someone else later on even tho we never want to see guys go thru hull cracking issues.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I've done it twice on my '03 175... Sucked balls both times. Post up a couple pics, if it's the same layout I can give you some pointers...
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke