Question Opinions on Rod Saver Flat Foot on Ranger 185vs

I want to put a trolling motor foot control well in my boat very badly. I bought the one at Bass Pro Shops last night. It is a black powder coated aluminum rectangle shaped well. Does anyone have any negatives on this style or any experience in installing any foot control well in a 185vs Ranger? Seems very sturdy. Should I put aluminum in my boat ? I shouldn't rust . My boat is a 2002 Ranger 185vs with a Minn Kota Maxxum. Wanting to get to cutting soon! Thanks
    2002 Ranger 185VS & 2002 Mercury 175 Optimax

2. Member
    That is the tray I installed in my 1999 R93 2 years ago. You will love it, measure twice and cut once !!! The first cut is the hardest.

3. Member
    I put one (different model) in my 2002 185vs a couple of years ago. Love it. Cutting that hole is hard to do but well worth it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog10 View Post
    I put one (different model) in my 2002 185vs a couple of years ago. Love it. Cutting that hole is hard to do but well worth it.
    Did you lose any rod tubes? I bet it's going to take a while to cut down and level out the front compartment wall. Looks like it's smack in the middle of where the well will go! Only a foot of drain tubing included. I think I will need more to go back through the compartment wall into the drain tube at front of boat.
    2002 Ranger 185VS & 2002 Mercury 175 Optimax