Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 381 to 386 of 386
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21
    #381
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Nice SS.
    I really like the boat. It is a 2002 SS-2000 Excel in mint condition with a 2006 Merc 200xs ss sm 1.87 with 130 hours on it. When I was shopping for a 200xs back in 2009 you pointed me to this one that I bought new in crate from Allison Boats.
    Upgraded to a SeaStar Tournament series steering a couple of years ago. I have 4 props for it: Mazco RE3 30p (Shook prop), Mazco RE3 32p, Hydromotive Quad IV O/T 28p and Mercury ET Lightning 28p (lab).

    Thinking about also buying a XB... Like the thought of the nimble XB-2002.
    Last edited by hydro17; 03-03-2018 at 05:40 AM.

  2. Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chester,Va
    Posts
    3,523
    #382
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro17 View Post
    I really like the boat. It is a 2002 SS-2000 Excel in mint condition with a 2006 Merc 200xs ss sm 1.87 with 130 hours on it. When I was shopping for a 200xs back in 2009 you pointed me to this one that I bought new in crate from Allison Boats.
    Upgraded to a SeaStar Tournament series steering a couple of years ago. I have 4 props for it: Mazco RE3 30p (Shook prop), Mazco RE3 32p, Hydromotive Quad IV O/T 28p and Mercury ET Lightning 28p (lab).

    Thinking about also buying a XB... Like the thought of the nimble XB-2002.
    I remember sending you to Allison, I think I had just sold the one I had.
    What kind of speed are you getting?

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21
    #383
    Yes, that's right and Darris had two: one used and one new - I bought the new one.
    My top speed so far is 97.7mph GPS with the Mazco RE3 30p. I am going to try a Mazco RE3 32p this season (maybe raising the engine as I don't seem to run with the same high rooster as everybody else. See clip of my boat running.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snz8wVPm2KE
    Last edited by hydro17; 03-07-2018 at 01:14 PM.

  4. Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chester,Va
    Posts
    3,523
    #384
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro17 View Post
    Yes, that's right and Darris had two: one used and one new - I bought the new one.
    My top speed so far is 97.7mph GPS with the Mazco RE3 30p. I am going to try a Mazco RE3 32p this season (maybe raising the engine as I don't seem to run with the same high rooster as everybody else. See clip of my boat running.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snz8wVPm2KE
    1/4" below the pad to the shaft center line is as high as you want to go. The tail is pretty much perfect now when running high speed.
    The tail is higher on other boats just as your's is when cruising around or accelerating.

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    21
    #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    1/4" below the pad to the shaft center line is as high as you want to go. The tail is pretty much perfect now when running high speed.
    The tail is higher on other boats just as your's is when cruising around or accelerating.
    I've had some trouble measuring prop shaft height due to the lip but I built a rig with an aluminium profile and a laser and set a point I use for reference. I think I am very close to the region you recommend.

    The boat is great to drive, it is like on rails - it hardly needs any steering input except for when it steps up/down from the pad. Shook's prop (Mazco RE3 30p) has a lot to do with that because I have tried an Mercury ET Lightning 28p and a Hydromotive Quad IV 28p and the Mazco is the easiest... I am trying different trim angles mostly very low angle of attack due to some very nasty incidents when trimmed too high. What speed do you think my boat should reach?

  6. Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chester,Va
    Posts
    3,523
    #386
    I would say you're pretty much there with your set up.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Similar Threads

  1. Post pics of your tin
    By grassbass in forum Tin Boats
    Replies: 855
    Last Post: 06-15-2018, 02:42 PM
  2. how do i post pics??
    By fost1cha in forum BBC Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 08:16 PM
  3. Why does my post have pics inside and not a contain image on outside of post?
    By champ_alfred in forum Help with Boards/Posting/Videos, etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
  4. How to post pics?
    By eaton in forum Help with Boards/Posting/Videos, etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 04:42 AM