x-19 jackplate question

I have a 10" manual jackplate on my x-19. I'm thinking about putting a 12" hydraulic jackplate on my boat. Has anyone seen a difference in performance with the extra setback? I have a 200 SHO that is flashed with a 28p bravo.

2. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    I have a 12 inch SeaStar hydraulic plate on mine but I ordered with a manual plate and had the dealer install it so I can not tell you about performance gains but I do recommend a hydraulic plate to fine tune your set up.
    I would be interested in hearing about how the 28 Bravo is running and what Bravo prop it is.
    My 200 is flashed with a raised limiter and top water inlets plugged and a 1.25 prop shaft and solid motor mounts. I do not have any numbers after this was done so I'm excited for spring to do some testing.
    Last edited by Wags; 03-24-2024 at 08:28 AM.
    LeaLea

3. Member
    Its a bravo 1 prop and I'm running right at 80 by myself. With 2 people it runs normally 75, but I have way to much tackle in my boat. Weight really effect the performance of these boats. Also the limiter is not raised on my motor.

4. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Thanks, I should have asked how the hole shot is with the 28, everything I fish is real shallow. Is it a FX or XS, or the early model Bravo with no vent holes?
    Last edited by Wags; 03-16-2024 at 08:25 AM.
    LeaLea

5. Member
    No vent holes on it. The hole shot is crazy I'm able to get up in 1' 1"2 of water no problem. Also the handling is so much better with the 4 blade over the 3 blade.

6. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    That's awesome because I will need that hole shot because that is the water I fish in.
    What RPMS you running 80 by yourself and loaded to fish?
    LeaLea

7. Member
    Right at 6k

8. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DFaith View Post
    Right at 6k
    Thanks, I will probably run a smaller prop so I can turn it close to my limiter 7200.
    LeaLea

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFaith View Post
    Its a bravo 1 prop and I'm running right at 80 by myself. With 2 people it runs normally 75, but I have way to much tackle in my boat. Weight really effect the performance of these boats. Also the limiter is not raised on my motor.
    What year X-19??
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

10. Member
    Flashed to a 300 I'd assume?