Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hipstur006 View Post
    Hey guys, I am planning to order my first boat, a h20b in 2-3 weeks tops. I would like it to be the camo color but have never seen a camo boat with one of the stainless packages. I will only be taking the boat in saltwater maybe 5ish times a year. Is the stainless hardware needed or will I be okay just keeping the normal aluminum rod holders/lean post? Also, this being my first boat, are there any non obvious things I should get on the boat. Right now all i know i want for sure is trolling motor depth finder and boarding ladder. Boat will be used probly 90% fishing and 10% family fun. Thanks!
    Get the hydraulic jackplate. You won't regret it. Also invest in the saltwater trailer package. It'll pay for itself aftera year since you won't have to replace your trailer from rust.

I was in the same boat about wanting the stainless package with the camo. Dealer said he thought it would look funky so I just went with green on gulfsand since hunting wasn't a big thing for that boat. I think all the boat fixtures are aluminum anyways and not steel so you won't have much issues with corrosion with how much you plan on saltwater use.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

2. Member
    Edwardo43, those rodholders came from a guy that calls himself fishbite.he has a store on ebay. A great guy to do business with,tell him you want the hardware kit for a xpress h20 and he will include everything.any angle or color custom made. These things have been through tons of blacktips,an 8 ft bull and loads of big blue cats. Contact him through fishbite rodholders store. A word of caution though,grandkids can drop em over the side. Ive had to order a few replacements

3. Member
    Thunderflight, my cap upside down, checkvalve at 8 1/ 2 ". Dont see any cannister.fills great. Last boat was a seaark zx170. Wore more gas than would go into tank

4. Member
    Hipster006, one thing you will painfully regret is not getting the absolutly best electronics you can afford. Pick up cans,break the kids piggybank,sell your wifes grandmothers rings, even drink cheap beer if you have too. The depthfinder the dealer sticks on the console can eventually be moved up front with the t-ducer on trollmtr. But your gonna want better stuff at the helm than they sell at wallmart

5. Member
    Thanks guy. Will have about 7000 to spend on options for the boat... just trying to decide and make sure I get the best stuff for the boat the first time around... or at least as much as I can.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hipstur006 View Post
    Thanks guy. Will have about 7000 to spend on options for the boat... just trying to decide and make sure I get the best stuff for the boat the first time around... or at least as much as I can.
    If electronics are big on the list, see what the dealer can add vs. Having the factory add. My dealer said if I wanted upgrades, he could get me the electronics from the factory in the box so I could resell and then have him put whatever I wanted on it.could save a few pennies that way.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

7. Member
    Initially had problems with hull stickin to bunks when comin back from the salt.several different bunk accessories available. Xpress sells one,(i have no experience with theirs) several other products and materials out there.made life easier for me. If you do his, besure to add a turnbuckle on winchstand for bow eye. Might save you from embarrassing situation. Gurge is right on about the hydro jack plate, my present one is amanual. Boat blasts off like a rocket, 51 on gps, trims and handles great. Problem is reverse, backs up like a drunk woman in a flying saucer. With hydro you could drop it down and get a better bite

8. Member
    Hey Lead, those rod holders look awesome. Did you get the single, black diamond, or covert holders? Did you use the regular or heavy duty mount? 3/8 or 1/2" thick mount? Did you use metal screws or bolts to attach to boat? Thanks! Its nice to have someone with the same boat to ask questions.

One more thing: how many rod holders did you mount? In the pic it looks like one each in front and back on each side.
    Last edited by edwardo43; 02-09-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Leaning post replacement

Got the aluminum box from fish on Fabrications, Dawson did a great job. Covered in OD bedliner now, will paint the same as boat. Anyone know where to get paint to match? That stack of life preservers to right of seat will fit in it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Pro High Jacker Z-Lock manual 6 in jackplate 4.5 prop to pad
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph
    MinnKota 80 Terrova I-Pilot US2 Bluetooth
    Lowrance HDS-7 Touch/Helix 5/GoFree Wifi/Ram mounting systems
    NOCO Gen 3 3 bank charger

SEMPER FI

Quote Originally Posted by The gurg View Post
    Thanks, Ive been pretty confined to the lake and smooth water so I'm baffled about where its leaking. i'm hoping the extra silicone on the transom helps. If not I guess i'll silicone the cap. I peeled some of the rub rail off yesterday to see how tight of a seal it is, and im kind of amazed it's not silicone backed from the factory.
    You will also need to seal between the mounts of your jackplate, mine wasn't sealed took of the plate covering it last nighr and sealed it. I have a manual jackplate.
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Pro High Jacker Z-Lock manual 6 in jackplate 4.5 prop to pad
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph
    MinnKota 80 Terrova I-Pilot US2 Bluetooth
    Lowrance HDS-7 Touch/Helix 5/GoFree Wifi/Ram mounting systems
    NOCO Gen 3 3 bank charger

SEMPER FI

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardo43 View Post
    Hey Lead, those rod holders look awesome. Did you get the single, black diamond, or covert holders? Did you use the regular or heavy duty mount? 3/8 or 1/2" thick mount? Did you use metal screws or bolts to attach to boat? Thanks! Its nice to have someone with the same boat to ask questions.

One more thing: how many rod holders did you mount? In the pic it looks like one each in front and back on each side.
    Heavy duty, 1/2 inch, countersunks with washers and locknuts, looks like he calls em covert now. 4"stems work great for long handles. (That rage looks good,havnt seen that one) ive got 4 on each side.gonna ad 1 more on each side, cat tournaments allow up to ten rods in a boat

12. Member
    Thud, that looks purty durn cool,good job

13. Member
    I think tightening up the hose clamps finally did the job. I only had about 1/2 cup of water after a few hours which I think just came from the splashwell overflow.

Also remembered why I went with a tin instead of fiberglass. I nailed a beached log just under the surfacewhile crossing a shoal
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

14. Member
    I have a 2016 H20B with the manual jack plate, and I am considering getting a power pole or minn kota talon. I do have an engine lift so I am considering doing it myself. Has anyone everyone installed, and if so, how hard is it? I appreciate any advice you all have.

15. Member
    Won't be much help but I know several people who have done powerpole and talons by themselves. When I get some I'll do it my self. I've always read that talons were easier since there's no pumps just hook to batterys.

i put a 10' blade on my bay boat last month. The bracket mounted to predrilled holes in the Atlas jackplate. drilled a hole for the wire and covered with a stainless vent cap from west marine. Mounted pump in compartment with batteries. took me an hour. This was on a fiberglass boat but you can run the hoses in the sleeve Xpress uses for all their wires. Put the pump in the bilge next to the battery or on the opposite side or under the jump seat

17. Member
    Hey guys, I sold my go devil and got a 2017 H20 with the VF115 Powertech 17P 3 blade. I don't have a jack plate yet but that is the first thing I am looking to do. I see seapickle has done a lot of research and tests with props for the F115 but I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Vmax 115.

18. Member
    I have done pretty much everything Seapickle has said to do except having the prop worked and I get 45 mph GPS outta mine.

19. Member
    I fished out of a Frontier similar to yours out in Lake P a few months ago. Sure made it hard to go back to my Xpress.

Quote Originally Posted by seapickle View Post
    i put a 10' blade on my bay boat last month. The bracket mounted to predrilled holes in the Atlas jackplate. drilled a hole for the wire and covered with a stainless vent cap from west marine. Mounted pump in compartment with batteries. took me an hour. This was on a fiberglass boat but you can run the hoses in the sleeve Xpress uses for all their wires. Put the pump in the bilge next to the battery or on the opposite side or under the jump seat

i still check these boards but the glass boat has made me turn and not look back haha though no surprise there. My favorite picture of her from the other weekend

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast