Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    With the sho can stay at 6200-6300 max. The 6000 is for the regular Yamaha. Your speed didn't increase because the prop is slipping still. Turning a new prop that grips will be like a brand new boat in respect to the pitch. You may need a 19 or stay with a 17. It will be trial and error. Go with what works. Tempest, pro series,trophy,fx4 I think, and even the T1 sho prop.

I don't understand what you are talking about with your jack plate heights. You should be able to lower and raise the jack plate a few inches from your "all around" P2P distance. you will want to raise the JP when on place at WOT and lower it to the "all around" height when taking off so you dont even want to be maxed out in up or down travel

2. Member
    Thanks for the quick reply and info on props.

I was looking at a PowerTech PTR19p 4 blade, they have a program to restock a prop that I would be to test things out, minor cost or $49.99 restocking + my shipping back to them, no shipping from them to me.

I don't have a hydraulic Jack plate, it's a manual.

I adjusted the mounting brackets so as not to be so far down into the water slip to create a brake action, the back end really sticks down far. So my lowest pad/shaft distance is 3.5" and I can further increase that measurement downwards to +5" on the jack plate adjustment.

I have pictures but can't seem to figure out how to post them with the correct size, thumbnails size image?

I have created an album on imgur of the jack plate installation.
    http://imgur.com/iAc40Ha
    Last edited by thyNemesis; 04-26-2017 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Added picture link.
    2016 Xpress H20B, Hyper-Lift hull, Yamaha VF115 SHO V-max.
    CMC Power Lift 10" offset Manual jack plate.

Unless you are restricted to a budget please don't start the powertec swap game. it won't get you the results you want. Go back through the 22 pages and any other thread and see how many people found a powertec they like. If you are set on powertec get a tro4. It's their copy of the trophy. It runs a little stiffer than the trophy to you may need to stay with a 17 or 18 pitch

eta: looking at your picture couldn't you mount the motor higher on the jack plate and lower the jack plate. This would give you some up travel

4. Member
    Not set on a Power Tech, don't know much about props, I thought about the Trophy plus, some things I've read said they were not recommended for the 115hp, don't want to make a costly mistake with the price tag of over $500.

But I will trust your numbers are true and will go that route, I know there is some lee way in numbers based on load out and such. I am looking for more top end but don't want to suffer to much at the lower end as well, I know I can't have both.

So are you recommending a Trophy Plus 19"pitch 3 blade? or 4 blade? or should I keep to the 17"p or 18p?

so many decisions! LOL

I would like a 4 blade to give better hole shot and control but would love to increase my top end as well for those times when I feel the need for speed...

In response to your idea of raising the motor on the jack plate, I could raise it one hole, that would give me another 3/4" of adjustment, but I thought 3.5" was the target area that you had on yours.

I've just looked up the PowerTech TRO4, my engine is not listed.
    Last edited by thyNemesis; 04-26-2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added additional text.

Props - trophy is a 4 blade only. It ran fine on my 115 and many other are using it. Typically when going from a 3 to 4 blade you lose rpms so drop a pitch but I was slinging a 19 pitch trophy with extra cup. You should easily do a 19 pitch. Every boat is different so someone with the exact set up may like a pitch more or less and so on. It's all about trial an error.
    Don't take everything as gospel. "A 4 blade is slower on top end..." is only when compating the exact prop on 3 blades with everything else the same. My 4 blade 19 trophy ran just as fast as my 21 pitch 3 blade pro series.

Get a 19 pitch trophy and hub kit and let it fly. Your p2p may be different but I doubt it bc it looks like your lower unit isn't the same as the larger sho motors. 3.5" is a good all around height. I'd bump up the jp when wide open. That show should pop up with the 19 trophy and give you a good top end . I think it will be a good compromise on good shot and speed

6. Member
    I have done everything Seapickle has recommended except for having the trophy worked yet. I have the same H20 with the SHO 115. I am getting 45 mph gps'd at wot. I listened to Seapickle because he did all the leg work and knows what he was talking about. If he recommends a trophy then I would look into a trophy. It took me a awhile but I found a nice used one for $150. Disclaimer:. No money or fishing trips were exchanged for endorsing Seapickle.

7. Member
    mpd816,

Is your jack plate manual? Is it the 10" off-set one?

Thanks for posting your numbers.

8. Member
    Yeah. I have a 10" slidemaster. I'm setting 3.75 below pad with a non worked trophy 19.

9. Member
    Sorry its been so long for the update. I am still searching for the correct prop for my application. I did try a 19p trophy as Seapickle recommended. The ride and top end were great. I had no more slipping in the turns and was able to bring the jackplate a lot higher. I ended up with 6100 RPMS at 46 MPH. The hole shot just wasn't exactly what I wanted. I am thinking a Yamaha performance 4 18p will better fit my application. I agree with staying away from powertech. I have tried a few and have not been happy with any of them.

10. Member
    Does anybody have any pictures of their mounted stereo and speaker? I have found a few, but not many.

11. Member
    I run a similar setup to seapickle, 10 inch hydraulic jack plate with a 19p Stiletto at about 5850rpms. the best I have seen so far is 47.07 on the gps but average around 45-46. Just picked up a flow torch hub to start running some different mercury props t see f I can a little extra speed out of it.
    2012 H20B/ F115

12. Member
    Our xpress came pre done with the speakers and stereo. changed the stereo to a Dual gauge style radio in place of the speedometer and kept the Rockford Fosgate speaker which are mounted above the rod holders on the console.
    2012 H20B/ F115

13. Member
    I'm definitely thinking using the gauge style in place of the speedometer. Just not completely sold on the speaker location yet. It would seem like a pain to run the wiring anywhere else besides in the console itself.

14. Member
    its very convenient having everything isolated to the console an stills puts our more than enough sound to hear at wot. thought about putting 6x9s in the rod boxes to go along with the 6's in the console but its honestly not worth the trouble in my opinion.
    2012 H20B/ F115

15. Banned
    I kept the speedo and mounted the guage style on the backside of console above the door.

Timjr - for holeshot pull the plugs out the prop barrel. I had the solid plugs and drilled holes bigger and bigger until I had the holeshot I wanted

I had the jbl Speedo radio with an amp in the console and speakers on the console. The jbl radio is amped but not enough espically with only 2 speakers. To really hear while running 40mph it needed a real amp.

Running the wires to the front rod lockers isn't hard with a fish tape but the issue is the speakers are now in the lockers and the wires are in there too. It's not like a glass boat where they are separate so it wasn't worth it imo.You really dont need a head unit. i had just an amp and speakers for a while. plug phone into amp via RCA cables. run RCA cables through gps wire hole on top of the console.

Also, on my new boat i have a HDS linked to a sonic hub so my hds is my head unit. The hub runs to a jl 400 watt amp to 4 7.5" jl speakers (2 on console and 2 on rod lockers facing console) best sounding system i ever had and can hear crystal clear at 50mph. I'll never have another head unit on my boat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by seapickle; 05-02-2017 at 06:43 AM.

18. Member
    Seapickle - I did pull the plugs and tried to drill them. I still didn't achieve the hole shot I wanted. Maybe I'm trying to achieve the impossible!

I'm not sure I can get my speakers in the console like yours. I have an onboard charger mounted inside the console at the bottom.

i hand an onboard charge in there also. it was on the left side and i had an amp on the right.

As for your holeshot, i dont remember if you have a f115 or the sho 115. If its the f115 then yes you are trying to achieve the impossible. The H20B isnt a "big" boat but the f115 is still a little small and the f150 can be a little much for some. You want hoelshot then have your 19 trophy worked down but you will lose top end for marginal holeshot gains from the f115

20. Member
    I have the 115 sho. I am thinking that a little more hole shot is worth loosing a little top end in my application. I fish a lot of shallow flats and like to be able to get on plane fairly quick. I'll have to do some measuring on the console this evening to see if I can squeeze the speakers in the same spot.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast