Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

H2#B Owners Thread

Im seeing more and more post on here pertaining to the H20B. I figured we could dedicate a thread to this style boat of any size (18-24') since most of the guys here have the bass set up and there isnt much info out there for us. Post your stats here and any questions on set up or tips that pertain directly to our type of Xpress.

2013 H20B w/ a Yamaha F115
    - 10" hydraulic bobs jackplate
    - 19" Trophy plus prop - worked by Holeshot Propellers
    - 6000 rpms @ 45mph
    - 3.5" below pad

- Yamaha k-18 Performance Series 4 blade: 44mph @ 6000 rpms
    - Yamaha k-19 Pro Series 3 blade: 43-44 mph @ 6000 rpms
    - Yamaha K-21 Pro Series 3 blade: 42.5 @ 5400 rpms - want to get this cupped and will update results
    - Solas Titan HR 19 pitch 4 blade: 43 mph @ 6000 RPMS

Mods/Upgrades:
    - Lowrance Elite 7 HDI
    - Bluewater LEDs Red front/rear deck package and LEDs on the console
    - JBL Marine speakers w/ JBL 300 watt amp
    - 3 bank switch panel w/ 12 volt outlet
    - Perko switch
    photo 11.jpgphoto.jpgIMG_20141210_171727.jpgIMG_20141210_1716361.jpgIMG_20141210_171647.jpg
    Last edited by seapickle; 09-14-2015 at 08:55 AM.

2. Xpress Boats Moderator
    How about i make this a sticky.

well I hope the sticky catches on....

4. Xpress Boats Moderator
    Patience Grasshopper,patience.

5. Member
    I'm sure it will

ran a 19" pitch 13" diameter Solas HR Titan 4 blade today.
    Run 1) 44.5mph @ 6000 rpms
    4-4.5" below pad
    20psi water pressure
    Run 2) 42mph @ 6000 rpms
    3.75" below pad
    20psi
    The prop has good hole shot but lost grip when reaching 5500-6000 rpms if not 4" below pad. I had to run the jackplate low to get full trim and delay prop slip. At 4000 rpms the prop liked to run at 3.75" below pad. I got good lift but the prop couldn't hold it like the Yamaha pro series.
    Last edited by seapickle; 05-11-2014 at 04:51 PM.

7. Member
    I myself have a 2012 xpress H20b w/yam 115 on #2 hole, powertech 19" 3 blade stainless prop. Runs like garbage, no lift, blows out at 5300 rpm. Running WOT 5200rpm 39mph on gps. I have seen numerous post about this garbage setup and lots of advice as to what should happen as to various size jackplates, various height settings, various brand/pitch/#of blade props, etc. Yet no one has ever reposted on what they have done and how it has performed for this exact boat. I sure am needing that advice before I run out and spend thousands of $$ on various props, etc. when I'm sure someone has been through it and can save me lots of time and $$ with a good specific setup that should get me really close to where I need to be if not dead on.
    Last edited by Kjung8r; 06-18-2014 at 11:08 AM.

saw this post after I responded to your PM so check your inbox for some info

also, I updated my OP since I have run the 19" trophy

10. Member
    ok Thank You seapickle!! I'm gonna invest in the 10" jack plate and the Trophy prop in 19 pitch and set up as you described. What you explained has given me a good starting point. Would a manual jack plate set with prop shaft 3.5" below pad (or whatever depth setting my hull/motor likes) work for all around performance or would I need hydro jack plate to adjust constantly between the hole shot to riding on plane?

my plate was able to be converted from manual to hydro so I have had both. The hydro does not add any performance value. You will get the same numbers with a manual and hydro plate set at the same height (given everything is the same). The only advantages of the hydro plate is the convience to adjust on the run and bump it up when getting on plane in the shallows. With a manual you have to stop, get out the wrench and manually raise or lower. It is mainly, set it and forget it. You do not need the hydro to constantly adjust between Holeshot and plane; however it is nice to have the ability to quickly change the height when you have changes in weight (4-5 people in the boat when partying on the lake vs 2 people fishing)

12. Member
    Is anyone here any more? I'm looking for a good cover for my H20B. Anyone have any experience with this? Recommendations?

Im still around I havent bought a cover yet but i would like to know of a good one. My boat has been in my storage unit but it will not stay there forever. Unless i get my shed built before that day comes, ill need a good cover.

14. Member
    I have one but it is not very thick, and bleeds water even though it says it's water proof (resistant is should say.) I'm looking for a good one.

15. Member
    I got a good recommendation on this. And it is made for our boat.https://www.sealskincovers.com/index...er-137497.html

16. Member
    Pulled the trigger on a new trolling motor. I ordered a Minn Kota Riptide SF 80 from TackleDirect - good price, no tax or shipping! It should be here Monday. I am really looking forward to the variable speed motor! I'll let you know after install.

17. Member
    image.jpgThis one was made in Gainesville, FL. It is Sunbrella fabric and has been a great cover! There is a draw rope that circles the boat at the stern. I treat it yearly with 303 fabric guard and it has zero leaks.

18. Member
    image.jpgPicture from stern, not where I pull the draw cord now, this was a dealer photo. I ordered it through Santa Fe Power Sports - Alachua, FL. The one and only thing that was good in dealing with them!

This is exactly what i need. I really like that there arent any buckles to mess with. My dog likes to chew on those Can you post a manufacturer or item/model number?
    Last edited by seapickle; 10-23-2014 at 02:04 PM.

20. Member
    I don't know the name of the shop that made it but if you can call Santa Fe Powersports and ask them. I also had a bimini top made at the same time. The cover is reinforced with a thick vital in all contact points. It is a really nice cover. What ever you do don't buy from the dealer. If you have any difficulty let me know and I'll bite my lip and call telling them I need some repair. I am sure they have the pattern. The cover was $600 and the bimini $175 through the dealer. Be careful they will sell you a square ball bearing!

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast