Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderflight View Post

Mine leaked at the gunnel top cap (sides and transom) dealer put a seam of silicone on it. Also check gas line fitting mine were lose and didn't hape any teflon tape on them.
    Thanks, Ive been pretty confined to the lake and smooth water so I'm baffled about where its leaking. i'm hoping the extra silicone on the transom helps. If not I guess i'll silicone the cap. I peeled some of the rub rail off yesterday to see how tight of a seal it is, and im kind of amazed it's not silicone backed from the factory.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

2. Banned
    Could be from livewell if you fill to high. I had water coming up through the floor drains when I forgot to turn mine off. Bilge pump ran 1/2 hour.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Could be from livewell if you fill to high. I had water coming up through the floor drains when I forgot to turn mine off. Bilge pump ran 1/2 hour.
    I don't really use the livewell. I just catch and release. If silicone on the top cap doesn't fix it, i'm going to look into that tubing though. I kind of wonder if one of the connections from the livewell system that leads out the transom are loose. I checked one or two and they seemed tight enough. i'll check it out more when I get home from work. i shouldn't be too concerned about the gallon or two, but i go to the Chesapeake bay two or three times a year and don't want salt water sitting in the bilge anymore than i have to, especially if i keep it in the water for a few days.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

Bring it back to dealer and have them fix it. The water coming up on sides of mine ripped off the express plastic decals. I made them send me new ones but decided to leave them off.
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Pro High Jacker Z-Lock manual 6 in jackplate 4.5 prop to pad
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph
    MinnKota 80 Terrova I-Pilot US2 Bluetooth
    Lowrance HDS-7 Touch/Helix 5/GoFree Wifi/Ram mounting systems
    NOCO Gen 3 3 bank charger

SEMPER FI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderflight View Post
    Bring it back to dealer and have them fix it. The water coming up on sides of mine ripped off the express plastic decals. I made them send me new ones but decided to leave them off.
    Haha I would but he's three hours away. I'd burn more in gas than i'd spend for a couple of tubes of silicone. I'm taking it out Saturday to see if what I have done has fixed it.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

Make sure you check the cap on the transom, it has a gap too.
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph

SEMPER FI

7. Member
    I have a H20B and am wondering about where you tie off your anchor rope. My frontmost cleat is nearly even with the front deck seat. Did anyone install another cleat on the bow next to the trolling motor and if so, what type?

I also want to install 4 to 6 LEDs around the inside edge; where did you run the wires?

Thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardo43 View Post
    I have a H20B and am wondering about where you tie off your anchor rope. My frontmost cleat is nearly even with the front deck seat. Did anyone install another cleat on the bow next to the trolling motor and if so, what type?

I also want to install 4 to 6 LEDs around the inside edge; where did you run the wires?

Thanks
    I just clip my anchor to the eye on the front of the bow.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

9. Member
    Thats a long way to reach to tie off an anchor rope, especially for a short man.

10. Member
    Under gunnell lights i used came from academy,bout 2 foot long, dual color,white and blue.very happy. Mounted 2 at rear and 2 up front. Fish wire from bildge up and through the end caps, (port side is where ladder mounts, strbd has stern light) right where the inboard cap meets the side of the hull,coming forward,you will see a small gap.run wires through a small piece of tubing here so there will be no chafeing. Probly pretty tight.put a little goop on back of the light bar and stick it under gunnel facing down and against the hull wall. While youre there and knuckles are bleedin you could go ahead and drill the hole for your watertite battery charger plug and run those wires. fish wires to helm. Remember to use a dual position switch for two colors. Since you gotta run a wire up front,go ahead and plan your storage and rod box lights and run wire and buy a switch for those.( White light bars). That same gap you used on the rear exists on the front,right at the point wherethe front cap meets the gunnell. Fasten bar under gunnel as before. Mounted this way, the lights are inderict illumination. A nd will light your world. You could run green lights on the outside the same way. Hope i laid this out so it makes sense.let me know if you need pics.ill need help with that. I can help you with the routing of the stotage lite wires when your ready,that was tricky. My h20b has light in every box an access,including livewells, mods and personel touches everywhere.id be happy to share what works great and what id do different.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lead chunker View Post
    Under gunnell lights i used came from academy,bout 2 foot long, dual color,white and blue.very happy. Mounted 2 at rear and 2 up front. Fish wire from bildge up and through the end caps, (port side is where ladder mounts, strbd has stern light) right where the inboard cap meets the side of the hull,coming forward,you will see a small gap.run wires through a small piece of tubing here so there will be no chafeing. Probly pretty tight.put a little goop on back of the light bar and stick it under gunnel facing down and against the hull wall. While youre there and knuckles are bleedin you could go ahead and drill the hole for your watertite battery charger plug and run those wires. fish wires to helm. Remember to use a dual position switch for two colors. Since you gotta run a wire up front,go ahead and plan your storage and rod box lights and run wire and buy a switch for those.( White light bars). That same gap you used on the rear exists on the front,right at the point wherethe front cap meets the gunnell. Fasten bar under gunnel as before. Mounted this way, the lights are inderict illumination. A nd will light your world. You could run green lights on the outside the same way. Hope i laid this out so it makes sense.let me know if you need pics.ill need help with that. I can help you with the routing of the stotage lite wires when your ready,that was tricky. My h20b has light in every box an access,including livewells, mods and personel touches everywhere.id be happy to share what works great and what id do different.
    Can you post a few pics when you get a chance? I've been contemplating the same thing on my boat.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The gurg View Post
    Can you post a few pics when you get a chance? I've been contemplating the same thing on my boat.
    Sure thing, trying to figure that part out now

13. Member
    Last edited by lead chunker; 01-13-2017 at 06:10 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lead chunker View Post
    looks really clean! i'm going to look into doing it on mine. thanks!
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

15. Member
    Thanks, l like the setup. I see you also installed rod holder brackets which I will also do. What rod holders did you use?

H20B fueling problem, I know there has been alot of talk about what a pain it is to fuel our boats, I think I might have found something.
    Look at your filler cap is it upside down like mine is?

Vent should be at top not bottom like this.

So what do you all think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph

SEMPER FI

17. Member
    I started a separate thread on this issue, see "Fuel Venting Problem" on the Xpress forum. In my case, my fuel cap did not have a vent. My vent was routed to the splash well. Another problem was my system had the black charcoal canister in the vent line. I purchased a fuel cap with a built in vent, removed the canister, and rerouted the vent line to the new gas cap. My new gas cap faces upside down as yours does and works perfect. The gas cap faces that way because the fuel and vent connections are 35 degrees and the connections have to face toward the front of the boat so hoses can be routed properly. Thus the cap is mounted upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress2002 View Post
    I started a separate thread on this issue, see "Fuel Venting Problem" on the Xpress forum. In my case, my fuel cap did not have a vent. My vent was routed to the splash well. Another problem was my system had the black charcoal canister in the vent line. I purchased a fuel cap with a built in vent, removed the canister, and rerouted the vent line to the new gas cap. My new gas cap faces upside down as yours does and works perfect. The gas cap faces that way because the fuel and vent connections are 35 degrees and the connections have to face toward the front of the boat so hoses can be routed properly. Thus the cap is mounted upsid e down.
    Yes after I took it apart I noticed that too. I did notice the check valve may have been too close to filler directions on the valve says it needs to be 6 inches from filler, mine was a little less. I undid the hoses and put the longer hose on filler then the check valve aka wellback valve closer to tank. The directions on valve also said rhe valve has a top marking and needs to be oriented up in a horizontal configuraton. I'll see if it makes a difference. Didn't see a black cannister.
    Thunderflight
    Xpress H20 Bay
    F150LB Yamaha
    Power Tech OFX 21 55 mph

SEMPER FI

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The gurg View Post
    Thanks, Ive been pretty confined to the lake and smooth water so I'm baffled about where its leaking. i'm hoping the extra silicone on the transom helps. If not I guess i'll silicone the cap. I peeled some of the rub rail off yesterday to see how tight of a seal it is, and im kind of amazed it's not silicone backed from the factory.

I finally got to take the boat out yesterday and I found what I think is causing it. The hose-clamp for the baitwell near the transom was leaking some. I didn't get to see a trickle, but I put my hand under it and It was wet. If that's not it, then it's coming in from my transducer mount on the back.
    2017 Xpress H20B
    115 Yamaha SHO

20. Member
    Hey guys, I am planning to order my first boat, a h20b in 2-3 weeks tops. I would like it to be the camo color but have never seen a camo boat with one of the stainless packages. I will only be taking the boat in saltwater maybe 5ish times a year. Is the stainless hardware needed or will I be okay just keeping the normal aluminum rod holders/lean post? Also, this being my first boat, are there any non obvious things I should get on the boat. Right now all i know i want for sure is trolling motor depth finder and boarding ladder. Boat will be used probly 90% fishing and 10% family fun. Thanks!

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast