Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    I just ordered a H20 with a 115 SHO. I take delivery in late March. I see the dealer has a power tech SS prop ordered for it. I've learned through reading these threads most folks feel they are junk.

I can only put a 4 inch set back hydraulic jack plate on the boat due to garage size constraints and I have this ordered. My question is with just the 4 inch set back is there any point in me trying to get better performance with a new prop?

I see Seapickle has done the heavy lifting research on this so I'm hoping for some expert advice. I'm not a speed freak, but it makes sense to try to get the most out of the boat. I imagine for a small fee I can get the prop that is ordered changed.

I mostly want the JP for shallow water access and getting in and out of skinny places. I do occasionally fish places where it will be handy. That said, if change the prop will gain me alot I'm willing to.

Thanks to anyone with advice.
    With no jack plate and the Power Tech prop I was able to get to 42 mph . . . I just had the 6" Atlas install and the SeaStar hydraulics. Haven't had time to really toy with the jack plate and speed. The Hydraulic steering did make a huge difference. With the manual steering it was a fight, especially at lower speeds. After talking to the service guy he recommended the SeaStar over the BayStar. I was also told by more than one dealer that once you get much above 45 it gets on pad, which where I am isn't necessarily a good thing going down a winding river without good steering.

2. Member
    Let me know what kind of numbers you see with the jack plate I'd be curious to know. The performance bulletin with no plate had 43 listed. I really wanted to go with the 6 inch plate but I'm really pushing it for garage space. Already had to custom order swing tongue to cram it in garage. I literally had to remodel a rear wall that had a return air mixing box for AC in the way. I think the 6 inch would have fit, but didn't want to chance it.

3. Member
    2021 H20B , First time in the Water , Leaks!!! im thinking Covid has the factory QC not paying attention to there jobs, and altho i do Pray that all are well in these times, i do not believe it should have got past QC. If in fact this is a Factoy Issue. I think that a hose was lose and came off when hauling boat hm From dealer . Had 3 inches or better above rear floor drains by the time i got back to the dock from parking truck. Has anyone had similar Problems on 2020 or 2021 New Express Bay Boats.

Anyone have Power Pole(s) installed? Where did they put your pump. The dealer is telling me they have to put the pump in the console so it is gonna cost $450 to install. Anyone have any experience with this?

5. Member
    My dealer calculated all install costs at time of providing quote. That seems shady. That said, I haven't taken delivery of mine yet.

6. Member
    Howdy everyone,
    I’m new here but I just put a deposit on a 2021 h20b. I ordered it with the swing away tongue for the trailer and was wondering if anyone else has done the same. I was told the overall length would be around 23’10” which would fit in my garage at an angle but I’d really like to know the measurement with the motor trimmed down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7. Member
    Well I ordered mine on December 28th 2020 and still have not taken delivery. They say end of month. I have the swing tongue ordered. The one on the lot I measured without swing tongue was 24'7". The website says 25'. I honestly think it depends a little on each individual boat and trailer. The disclaimer they have is all those measurements are approximate. I have 24' 4" in my garage so I think I'll be okay without angling it. I contacted the factory and they told me the swing tongue gives you approximately 18 inches. 25' minus 18" means 23' 6". I think they are trying to be conservative. I ordered a 4' set back hydraulic jack plate. So I know I'm playing with fire there, but angling or no angling it will will fit one way or another. I'll let you know and send pics when I take delivery.

8. Member
    My boat is built and rigged. Its the yamaha. Just hard to get outboards right now.

9. Member
    How many people use one of these for a dedicated fresh water bass rig? H20b or H22b ?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    How many people use one of these for a dedicated fresh water bass rig? H20b or H22b ?
    I use an H20B for a dedicated bass, crappie, and bream boat

11. Member
    Plan to use mine for a little bit of everything. I ordered it for the versatility. My buddy had a H22. We used it for everything from bass and crappie to 27 miles off shore catching Mahi Mahi. Did extremely well for trout, reds, tarpon in everglades back country.

12. Member
    Well I just picked up my H22 on Friday. It’s been a long wait. I had an H20 on order in September. It was significantly damaged in transport from the factory so I backed out of the deal. I just happened to find one in Metairie Louisiana. I acted fast and bought it. Yesterday was the first 4 hours of break in. So far I like it very much. I have read all the prop/JP info and there seems to be something to it. I will get some hours on it before I change any. Unfortunately there isn’t much on here about the H22 set ups. I am not sure if the H22 info is the same for a H22. Curious... nevertheless I know I will like the boat. This set up came with a lot more on it than I originally tried to buy in the 20.

175 SHO
    6” manual JP
    Helix 9
    Kicker sound
    80lb Minn Kota

13. Member
    2016 H20Bay 115SHO 6" Atlas Hydraulic Jack Plate PowerTech RED4 17P Prop MinnKota Riptide 70lb. Topend is 38 around 5900rpm (Garmin 94SV NEMA 2000). More RPM just does not go any faster. Hole shot is awesome with next to zero stern dive. I can maneuver at idle speeds both in forward and reverse. Note I was not looking for speed with my set up I was looking for hole shot on heavy load and maneuverability. I run mostly Inshore SouthEast TX Sabine Lake area. Have used boat in fresh water Bayous, Lakes, Rivers. I added a Tractor Supply spare tire/rim and bracket. I mounted that tire so I can use it as step from tongue into boat. Added 4 rod holders with knife holder and plier holder it is mounted at bow. I have two 9 foot stick it poles and 2 stick it pins (one on bow one on stern). I use a 35lb kettle bell to hold in mud or rocks deeper than sticks its will work. I have 4 step folding ladder incase I need to get in/out of boat in water.

Future plans for boats Garmin Force trolling motor and 3 by Lithium 12v 60amp hour batteries. Seadeck done by me or private party. Bedliner smooth paint on as keel guard. Replace the carpeted bunks with plastic.

Issues to date relay for tilt and trim on Yamaha had to be replaced. Hummingbird that came with boat went bad. I replaced the PRT3 17P prop it would do 42mph but stern dug for china on take off and hole shot was not that great. Due to saltwater spring on single axle trailer rusted and broke. I replaced the Springs and hardware about 100 dollars total. I have had to replace the side marker lights or fix wiring for ground.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSColeman View Post
    2016 H20Bay 115SHO 6" Atlas Hydraulic Jack Plate PowerTech RED4 17P Prop MinnKota Riptide 70lb. Topend is 38 around 5900rpm (Garmin 94SV NEMA 2000). More RPM just does not go any faster. Hole shot is awesome with next to zero stern dive. I can maneuver at idle speeds both in forward and reverse. Note I was not looking for speed with my set up I was looking for hole shot on heavy load and maneuverability. I run mostly Inshore SouthEast TX Sabine Lake area. Have used boat in fresh water Bayous, Lakes, Rivers. I added a Tractor Supply spare tire/rim and bracket. I mounted that tire so I can use it as step from tongue into boat. Added 4 rod holders with knife holder and plier holder it is mounted at bow. I have two 9 foot stick it poles and 2 stick it pins (one on bow one on stern). I use a 35lb kettle bell to hold in mud or rocks deeper than sticks its will work. I have 4 step folding ladder incase I need to get in/out of boat in water.

Future plans for boats Garmin Force trolling motor and 3 by Lithium 12v 60amp hour batteries. Seadeck done by me or private party. Bedliner smooth paint on as keel guard. Replace the carpeted bunks with plastic.

Issues to date relay for tilt and trim on Yamaha had to be replaced. Hummingbird that came with boat went bad. I replaced the PRT3 17P prop it would do 42mph but stern dug for china on take off and hole shot was not that great. Due to saltwater spring on single axle trailer rusted and broke. I replaced the Springs and hardware about 100 dollars total. I have had to replace the side marker lights or fix wiring for ground.
    is the Ghost tm approved for salt water?

15. Member
    Garmin updated their web page some time back to list the Force as ok to be used in Salt/Brackish. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/610414#specs
    Lowrance makes the Ghost, I could not find reference on there website that noted salt/brackish.

16. Member
    Howdy folks, new here. I should have posted on this thread to begin with, apologies for reposting.

I have been stalking the forum reading what other people have done with similar problems, tried everything I could find, but still no dice.

I have a 2016 VF115 SHO that is failing to get to 6300 RPM WOT with trim fully down. Gets to ~4000rpm WOT fully trimmed down(only 32mph), but the more I trim up, rpms go up all the way to 6300, but getting little bite due to being trimmed so high up(~25mph).

Motor has only 25 hours, 220 compression all around.

Replaced the following:

Fuel Bulb
    Fuel line from bulb to motor
    Canister Fuel/Water separator
    Primary Fuel Filter
    In-line Fuel Filter
    VST Fuel Filter
    Spark Plugs
    All new batteries.

Cleaned Injectors.
    Emptied all old fuel and replaced with fresh ethanol free with yamalube and star-tron.

I am stumped. I don't know what else I could replace? Perhaps low pressure/high pressure pump? I wonder if it might be the valve for the VST Float? Seems like it's not getting enough fuel?
    Perhaps lower unit needs service?

Is the prop the problem? It's the original powertech ptr3r17.

Based on readout from motor, the engine has zero hours at 5000-6000 and 6000-7000 rpm range, so it has never performed right. (probably an hour now that I ran it a bit trimmed up)

Any suggestions?

17. Member
    I only is my H22 for fresh water. Bass, crappie and cats

18. Member
    I am running the same prop. In the research mode now. will let you know what I find.

19. Member
    Anyone have a 150 Yam on their H20B? Just wondered what kind of speed you are getting out of yours.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H20B115SHOProblems View Post
    Howdy folks, new here. I should have posted on this thread to begin with, apologies for reposting.

I have been stalking the forum reading what other people have done with similar problems, tried everything I could find, but still no dice.

I have a 2016 VF115 SHO that is failing to get to 6300 RPM WOT with trim fully down. Gets to ~4000rpm WOT fully trimmed down(only 32mph), but the more I trim up, rpms go up all the way to 6300, but getting little bite due to being trimmed so high up(~25mph).

Motor has only 25 hours, 220 compression all around.

Replaced the following:

Fuel Bulb
    Fuel line from bulb to motor
    Canister Fuel/Water separator
    Primary Fuel Filter
    In-line Fuel Filter
    VST Fuel Filter
    Spark Plugs
    All new batteries.

Cleaned Injectors.
    Emptied all old fuel and replaced with fresh ethanol free with yamalube and star-tron.

I am stumped. I don't know what else I could replace? Perhaps low pressure/high pressure pump? I wonder if it might be the valve for the VST Float? Seems like it's not getting enough fuel?
    Perhaps lower unit needs service?

Is the prop the problem? It's the original powertech ptr3r17.

Based on readout from motor, the engine has zero hours at 5000-6000 and 6000-7000 rpm range, so it has never performed right. (probably an hour now that I ran it a bit trimmed up)

Any suggestions?
    Not sure if I'm reading correctly, but you not gonna get to Max anything with motor trimmed all the way down.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast