Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have a vf115la (SHO) yamaha and plan on upgrading to a vf150la it is going to be on a 2017 h20b.
    I plan on installing the hydraulic steering checking to see if others has done this up grade and installed the hydraulic kit, local service wants 4 hours to install the hydraulic kit does not look like it should take that long
    I will be installing the SEASTAR HK 6400A-3 also does anyone know the length of hoses needed....
    thanks
    Mac

2. Member
    Checking to see if you guys can post midrange performance between 4- 4500 rpms. The question I have is will I gain 4-5 mph with jack plate and prop running 4500 rpms? I'm planning to get the h20b with 115 sho. I won't be running around at 6k rpms more like 4300, hopefully. I'm wanting to be cruising at least 30mph with 3 man fishing load between 4-4500 rpms. What is the real performance at 4500 rpms stock vs 4500 rmp with jack plate and trophy prop ?

3. Member
    I got the SHO 150 installed with jk plate tacking 6k at 50 gps with good lift on the bow.. also got hydrolic steering installed.. will check shaft to pad soon... will move to 3 1/2" if I had of bought the boat with the SHO 150 installed with hydraulic steering and jk plate I would have saved about $7K

4. Member

Looking for a 4 Prop.

Nemesis,

I have the same boat as you 2016 H20B VF115 Vmax with Power tech 17. What Trophy model did you buy? I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Nigel
    Gainesville, FL

Quote Originally Posted by thyNemesis View Post
    Not set on a Power Tech, don't know much about props, I thought about the Trophy plus, some things I've read said they were not recommended for the 115hp, don't want to make a costly mistake with the price tag of over $500.

But I will trust your numbers are true and will go that route, I know there is some lee way in numbers based on load out and such. I am looking for more top end but don't want to suffer to much at the lower end as well, I know I can't have both.

So are you recommending a Trophy Plus 19"pitch 3 blade? or 4 blade? or should I keep to the 17"p or 18p?

so many decisions! LOL

I would like a 4 blade to give better hole shot and control but would love to increase my top end as well for those times when I feel the need for speed...

In response to your idea of raising the motor on the jack plate, I could raise it one hole, that would give me another 3/4" of adjustment, but I thought 3.5" was the target area that you had on yours.

I've just looked up the PowerTech TRO4, my engine is not listed.

5. Member
    Hey all, new to the board. Had to join after reading all of the valuable input. I read plenty of advise on set up by Seapickle and a post by rbogle with the same setup. Here's my setup and question. I have H20B, 10" jack plate, f150, 4.25" prop to pad. Ready to pull trigger on a new prop. The Trophy Plus 21 has a 4" barrel. Does this smaller diameter allow too much exhaust by, or have any impact on performance? Has anyone run a Tempest with results equal to the Trophy? If so, what size Tempest?

6. Member
    I would step up to a 22p and even 23p if your jackplate is hydraulic for the F150 on an H20B. The F150 doesn't run as strong over 5400RPM and even falls off pretty good after 5600RPM. Prop it a little heavy in pitch and the F150 will pop you up on plane and perform it's best at the lower end to middle of its 5,000-6,000RPM "max RPM range." My experience the Tempest Plus is faster and handles great but the Trophy Plus has phenomenal holeshot and better handling at low speeds.

7. Member
    If you’ve seen a 2020 in person, I have a few questions. Like 95% positive I’m ordering one but no one has one in stock for me to get a good look at first.

Are the insides of the rod boxes carpeted? Saw a pic or two that appeared that way.
    Biggest thing I’m not liking is lack of rod holders for fishing (no flush mounts in rear, none on leaning post). Any good ideas on mounting drift master style rod holders? Think it would be problem to bolt the rod holder base onto the gunnels?
    Should I do hydraulic steering with 125 SHO?

General questions:
    Does anyone have or seen a rod holder that can mount into the seat base and has multiple holders on it?
    Do you still carry an anchor on board if you have ipilot?

Thanks!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    If you’ve seen a 2020 in person, I have a few questions. Like 95% positive I’m ordering one but no one has one in stock for me to get a good look at first.

Are the insides of the rod boxes carpeted? Saw a pic or two that appeared that way.
    Biggest thing I’m not liking is lack of rod holders for fishing (no flush mounts in rear, none on leaning post). Any good ideas on mounting drift master style rod holders? Think it would be problem to bolt the rod holder base onto the gunnels?
    Should I do hydraulic steering with 125 SHO?

General questions:
    Does anyone have or seen a rod holder that can mount into the seat base and has multiple holders on it?
    Do you still carry an anchor on board if you have ipilot?

Thanks!
    I don't know about the rod holders - but I will carry an anchor for current situations

9. Member
    Anyone bass fish from their H20B?
    I’m ordering soon but struggling hard between that and the xpress x18pro.
    That is 20’ and has 8 person capacity. Better for the kids and wife (5 of us, kids 14, 10, 9).
    The x18pro is 18’ and 4 person. But it’s sooo much sexier to me.
    Can the bass boats be ordered with the saltwater packages (all stainless and what not)?

10. Member
    Anyone bass fish from their H20B?
    I’m ordering soon but struggling hard between that and the xpress x18pro.
    That is 20’ and has 8 person capacity. Better for the kids and wife (5 of us, kids 14, 10, 9).
    The x18pro is 18’ and 4 person. But it’s sooo much sexier to me.
    Can the bass boats be ordered with the saltwater packages (all stainless and what not)?
    I will be bass fishing a lot out of mine when I get it. What does a sexy boat have to do with anything?

11. Member
    A sexy boat makes me happier to look at.

I ordered a H20B though. Black hull, Bahama appearance package, 115 SHO, hydraulic steering, Helix 9 SI, Ipilot link trolling motor, saltwater trailer package, xtreme bay saltwater package. Think that’s it. Pretty pumped.

12. Member
    A sexy boat makes me happier to look at.

I ordered a H20B though. Black hull, Bahama appearance package, 115 SHO, hydraulic steering, Helix 9 SI, Ipilot link trolling motor, saltwater trailer package, xtreme bay saltwater package. Think that’s it. Pretty pumped.
    when you spend that kind of money - you need to be happy. How long did they tell you it would take to get it. I ordered my first of June and they are telling me middle of Aug. Moss green, dual axle trailer, two Garmin 10” Ultras, Livescope, Terrova, and 150 Yam

13. Member
    Sounds freaking awesome.
    They told me early September at the earliest.

I’ve been under the impression my Traverse was 5000lb towing capacity but just found out it’s 1500. Xpress lists H20B as approx weight of 1436 lbs. Not sure if that includes trailer. Now I’m wondering if I ordered too heavy a boat???

14. Member
    Sounds freaking awesome.
    They told me early September at the earliest.

I’ve been under the impression my Traverse was 5000lb towing capacity but just found out it’s 1500. Xpress lists H20B as approx weight of 1436 lbs. Not sure if that includes trailer. Now I’m wondering if I ordered too heavy a boat???
    I actually think the advertised weight is bare boat - no fuel, oil, batteries, motor, trolling motor, electronics, trailer, etc. But please correct me if I am wrong. Might better get truck shopping

15. Member
    I've been looking hard at the H20B for several years now and just never got around to pulling the trigger on one. One of my hangups is that I've never been in one on the water. The dealerships near me don't do test drives, stating that it would be considered used if it had been test driven. Did any of the owners here get to try one out before you bought it? And if so, how?

This is my first post here. I appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronced View Post
    I've been looking hard at the H20B for several years now and just never got around to pulling the trigger on one. One of my hangups is that I've never been in one on the water. The dealerships near me don't do test drives, stating that it would be considered used if it had been test driven. Did any of the owners here get to try one out before you bought it? And if so, how?

This is my first post here. I appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks
    I bought one this summer - special order - and my dealer did not have one available to test drive or they would have let me. I am overall pleased with the boat - very smooth and solid - but that is on fresh water. Sit in back fishing chair - cramped because of backrest on leaning post/seat. I am having trouble loading it - getting to learn the sweet spot how far to back the trailer. The front baitwell doesnt drain as fast as the water can be pumped in - but that rate is adjustable. I have the 150 on mine - and it is more than enough motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbach View Post
    I bought one this summer - special order - and my dealer did not have one available to test drive or they would have let me. I am overall pleased with the boat - very smooth and solid - but that is on fresh water. Sit in back fishing chair - cramped because of backrest on leaning post/seat. I am having trouble loading it - getting to learn the sweet spot how far to back the trailer. The front baitwell doesnt drain as fast as the water can be pumped in - but that rate is adjustable. I have the 150 on mine - and it is more than enough motor.
    Have the H20B with the 115 sho. Finally got it out of the first 3 hrs of break in.
    At 5000 RPMs we were cruising at 32 mph . . full throttle got us to 41 mph. No Jack plate. Was told to look at the self leveling trim tabs and a hydrofoil? Anyone have any thoughts on those that have used them?
    Really considering getting the Baystar system installed to help with some of the steering torque I experience.

Thanks.

18. Member
    I purchased a 2017 in Sept and added Baystar and jack plate immediately. Baystar makes a big difference.

Anyone have rod holders mounted on the gunnels? I tried the clamp ones but not happy with how they performed for trolling.

20. Member
    I just ordered a H20 with a 115 SHO. I take delivery in late March. I see the dealer has a power tech SS prop ordered for it. I've learned through reading these threads most folks feel they are junk.

I can only put a 4 inch set back hydraulic jack plate on the boat due to garage size constraints and I have this ordered. My question is with just the 4 inch set back is there any point in me trying to get better performance with a new prop?

I see Seapickle has done the heavy lifting research on this so I'm hoping for some expert advice. I'm not a speed freak, but it makes sense to try to get the most out of the boat. I imagine for a small fee I can get the prop that is ordered changed.

I mostly want the JP for shallow water access and getting in and out of skinny places. I do occasionally fish places where it will be handy. That said, if change the prop will gain me alot I'm willing to.

Thanks to anyone with advice.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast