Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Pretty sure I know what motor I have "seapickle" Its the new 2015 yamaha 115 4 stroke and if anybody needs "proof" of what this boat can do come on down to Tampa and Ill show you anytime.

The motor comment was a joke, I'm sure you know what motor you have. No one says you are lying but you are the only one out of many to get this boat into the 50mph range with a 115hp. I would just like to know what your set up is and the needle gauge isn't always accurate so a gps confirmation would be needed if you were using the needle. Simply going outside and looking at the markings/brand on the prop would be a start. If you are using a lowrance gps, you can go to a screen that has max speed and take a picture of that.

3. Member
    Yea let me know for sure what prop you have, I have the same 2015 with the 115 and would like to make the right prop choice the 1st time. Also is that gps or the speedo reading? Thanks

4. Member
    Its the gauge on the boat so yes it maybe off a mph or 2. Ill see what the gps says next time I take it out (I have a raymarine a series.) I looked last night and its a powertech prob. Im not sure of pitch because it was dark and I didnt have time to really look. Ill see tonight when I get off work about pitch. Something I have noticed though is the prob does seem to be cupped alot more than a factory prop so Im wondering if the dealer already worked it. I paid more for a stainless prop instead of the white aluminum one that yamaha puts on them so maybe the dealer already did something to it. Either way if the gauges are off Id still say pretty dang close to 50mph after adjusting the jackplate and tilt. Im using this boat as a true flats boat in tampa bay and have always had cc flats boats. I dont bass fish and have never been in a bass boat so Im not looking for or expecting crazy lift on the pad. Im really happy with what this boat does and think it gets on plane great. In the bay we actually dont want the nose up too much in order to avoid cavitation. With the design of this boat it jumps on place quick then the nose goes down which i love bc I hate bow rise. Idk maybe just different styles/preferences of ride due to location and type of fishing.

5. Member
    Yamaha

I have the 115B that only weighs 377lbs.

-Thanks for the info.
    -Its only 24lbs lighter says the spec sheet so no real speed gains from weight savings there. Im getting more leverage due to 10" of set back and a little heavier motor which helps lift the boat out of the water = more speed theoretically

-Besides the TRO4 (maybe the RKR4) i dont think anyone on this forum has found a powertec prop that they like, even with extra cupping added, so i am still interested in more info on your prop w/ a gps speed. I was only able to see 40 mph with my powertec and 41mph, maybe 42, after my JP was installed. It wasnt until i got into the yamaha pro series and merc trophy 4 blade props that i started seeing 45mph. My boat and everyone i know with an Xpress and read about have come with a powertec PTR 19 pitch 3 blade SS prop. Not an aluminum prop. The SS prop is an "upgrade" that is pretty much standard - at least around here it is

-The raymarine may have a screen with general data like the lowrance has which would give the fastest speed that gps has seen - if you werent going take the boat out for another run soon. The needle speedomoter, when it wants to work, is anywhere from 2-8ish mph off from what my gps is showing me. Although id love my boat to do 50mph

-the boat is designed to run high on the pad like the bass boats (its the same hull). I think the boat doesnt run that well until you get up in speed/rpms (over 35 mph) which is why i wish i had the 150hp which would generate lift and speeds at much lower rpms. Down here in south La im constantly running in 1' of water (3' is deep haha), so im sure its similar to your florida flats, all the way to 10+' of water. The boat handles all scenarios very well for what it is.
    Last edited by seapickle; 05-14-2015 at 03:01 PM.

7. Member
    Traced the hoses, One is front livewell drain and overflow, one is back livewell drain, and third one was back livewell overflow, Found one leak in the intake for the livewell - either the hose is split or the tee for the front and back livewell feeds is busted or maybe just loose. Wiill do more testing and troubleshooting this weekend,

8. Member
    I'm likely picking up a 2013 H20B with a 135 ETEC next week. Anyone have any experience with this setup? I have messaged a member on here with a H18B with same engine that will run 55. I know they are supposed to make near 145-150 hp.

No personal experience with the Etec. I think that will be a good setup in the boat to HP ratio. Its not over the top but enough. Is hyd. steering required for a 135? i know it is for the 150hp. I dont think you will see 55mph with 2 people and full gas and gear but i think 50mph is reachable. low 50s with a light load. get a JP and a good prop and you will be happy. Let us know how it runs.

10. Member
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I figure 48-50 is possible. The owner is an older guy and he said he doesn't know top speed but will do low 40s no problem.

my set up (see first post) will do 44 - 45 loaded but set up with a jp and good prop. (40mph from the dealer) a 150 yammy will do 52 from the dealer and at least 55mph set up right. You would fall between those numbers.
    If you test drive it, get the GPS speed readings and current prop and prop to pad height - you can figure everything out based on that info.

12. Member
    Where do yall put your ice chests? In front of console or have any of you mounted one on either deck?

I have some tie downs between the rod lockers. second ice chest get tied down on stern deck, between cc and seats or infront of cc depending on function. There isn't many options besides converting the back live well to a ice chest
    today I saw a H24B with a shortened rear deck, storage/live wells behind both jump seats. A cushion with back rest where the standard live well is and a leaning seat with storage under it. I was very jealous

14. Member
    I think I'll do something similar. Just waiting on the bank to do their thing now. Supposed to be 2-3 business days then I can go get my boat. Can't wait to see what the 135 will do. It's a 2013 boat/motor, 80lb minn Kota, Lowrance elite 7, brand new cover, and a lot of other small things for 22k. I think it's a pretty good deal with the shape it isnin. Looks brand new. Just hoping that ETEC is good!Screenshot_2015-06-07-18-59-34.jpg
    Last edited by AnthonyLaMarca; 06-08-2015 at 05:11 PM.

15. Member
    Picked it up yesterday. Has a power tech prop so it looks like I'll have to try some props judging by reading on here. Has a manual jackplate but I'm not sure how it's set. Going to try it out Saturday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyLaMarca View Post
    I think I'll do something similar. Just waiting on the bank to do their thing now. Supposed to be 2-3 business days then I can go get my boat. Can't wait to see what the 135 will do. It's a 2013 boat/motor, 80lb minn Kota, Lowrance elite 7, brand new cover, and a lot of other small things for 22k. I think it's a pretty good deal with the shape it isnin. Looks brand new. Just hoping that ETEC is good!Screenshot_2015-06-07-18-59-34.jpg
    Congrats, hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

What size jackplate? id suggest the trophy. Also ive heard the tempest giving good results for a 3 blade. i think 21 pitch is good. Do you the have large or small gear case?

18. Member
    I will be honest. I'm not sure to either of those but I'll find out. Have been working since I picked it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seapickle View Post
    What size jackplate? id suggest the trophy. Also ive heard the tempest giving good results for a 3 blade. i think 21 pitch is good. Do you the have large or small gear case?
    6 inch jackplate. Took it put yesterday but only got it up to 40 on the gps. Cruises there easily. My dad was with me and he's not a fan of going fast.

Man you should be doing better than 40mph. You need to have the JP at 3.75" below pad and should hopefully see another 1-2 mph. What was your rpm at 40mph? Next is to get rid of the powertec prop if you want better numbers. Look on the prop barrel. It will have some numbers and letters. Post those. It will tell us what size prop you have.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast