Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Has anyone seen the new Jump seat straps? I wanted to know how they attach and if they might be worth getting. I usually tie them down when trailering figured this might be good.

I had xpress put on some straps they had in the store. I think it's the same tie downs used for rods on the bass boat decks. I have seen the new models that come with straps that look like yeti lid latches. I may switch to them on day because mine keep dry rotting once a year. I usually keep a spare set in the boat for a quick fix

3. Member
    Yeah I like the new ones that express sells. I just wanted to make sure they were not in the way or something.

no, they are a blessing haha

5. Member
    Hey, I haven't looked yet but does each live well have separate pumps?

Nope, by now you should know Xpress is going to go the cheap route

7. Member
    Just picked up my h20 bay. I took it out yesterday in the cold ass weather. Ran very nice. I do have one question though. I know that the battery charger is connected to the two trolling motor batteries. Is it also connected to the cranking battery in the back near the gas tank??

8. Member
    Mine was not. The wires were just bundled up in the cc. I replaced that system with a Stealth Max PAC that charges all AC and from the engines alternator.
    Work is for people that don't know how to fish!

9. Member
    You are correct! it would be nice to be able to control which live well you use. I know you can from the shutoffs. That just seems cheap. like no timer switch.

10. Member
    Just pulled the trigger on a New H22 Bay with a Yamaha 200 SHO. Being built as I type this. Should be ready about the same time I get home from Afghanistan. I can't wait put it in the water. 9 month deployment with no fishing is about to drive me nuts.

11. Member
    Sorry it took so long to get back with yall. I finally was able to run the boat wide open. I was getting 52mph (GPS) at 57-5800rpms before the prop started shooting a rooster tail. Not sure what the exact measurement is from the prop centerline to the bottom of the hull. I will have to check that later. Also, the prop is a power tech 21, I believe. I was impressed with how the boat handled at WOT but was a little disappointed (being picky) in the overal speed. I still can't say enough about how this boat handles. It is quiet, smooth, fast and dry. A combo you don't get in a lot of high end fiberglass boats.

Glad you like it. It does handle very well for a alum boat. Quiet isnt a good word for a non carpeted alum boat, maybe the motor is quiet lol.
    On these runs, what was your load in the boat (ice chest w/ ice, full 30 gal, 1,2,3 people...)? If you want more speed, a 10-12" jackplate and the right prop will get you close to 55-57mph - assuming you have a 150hp. If the motor is on the factory mounting location on the transom from the dealer, id say you are in the area of 5" below pad (that's about what mine was)

13. Member
    I'm new to the bay boats , actually I'm still looking. Real interested in the 22' (200 SHO) or 24' Xpress (250 SHO) or the 22' Excel Bay (200) . Been in glass bassboats since the 70's with the
    last 2 being 21' Tritons. New grandbaby on the water in Charleston & friend in Everglade City are steering my direction.

The big question that I have is handling rough water & overall handling. Every aluminum boat I've been in beat me up. I know that the hulls I'm looking at are faster than the general alum.
    boat but how do they ride ??

Hoping to still be able to fish my bass lakes and mix up with inshore , near shore etc.

Any thoughts ?

I have friends who all have 20-24' fiberglass bay boats and that is very common down here in the gulf. Ive fished in many of them for years and they will ride better than the Xpress hyperlift. With that being said, the xpress will ride very well for an alum boat. My friends have commented on how well it handles 1.5' chop. It doesnt beat you like a flat bottom alum hull but its doesnt glide through the waves like a heavy fiberglass hull that has a more pronounced/deeper V hull.
    I fish everything from bass lakes, shallow marsh to the coastal La islands for summer time trout.

15. Member
    Good to hear that. I'm close to pulling the trigger. Just sold my Triton and my little 16' Lowe won't cut it long.

Do you have any regrets in buying the Alum. Bay Boat ?

There are features that a fiberglass bay boat has that isn't possible on a non-custom alum boat that i wish i would have. I do not regret buying it, it has handled everything i do and im getting complements from everyone i take fishing. There are always up/downs or trade offs when talking fiberglass vs alum so depending on your needs/experience with both you may already know them or i can list the main ones. I bought the Xpress for financial reasons and have been satisfied but still want to go up to a glass bay boat later on.

17. Member
    I bought a used 2013 H20B with a Yamaha F115 a couple weeks ago. It's a great boat and overall I'm very please with it. However, like many have posted here, I can tell it's set up completely wrong in terms of prop/pitch/pad/etc. I'm convinced the previous owner must have never owned a boat before (for a variety of reasons) and clearly didn't bother messing with the setup. It easily will go to nearly 7000 RPMs if I let it at WOT and will cavitate easily. When I looked later, I couldn't believe it had a 17pitch prop.

That being said, I need to set up it properly. I read through the threads and see that most of you have installed a 10" jack plate, which is a bit out of the price range at the moment. So in the absence of adding a jackplate, which prop setup have you found that works the best. Obviously I want as much top end speed as possible, but I still need decent holeshot with a full load.

Anyone have a good prop recommendation for this same rig? Thanks to all.

18. Member
    Thanks Seapickle , I have weighed out most of the ups/downs. Storage , livewell capacity , quality etc. were a concern but I don't
    fish tournaments now , been in the fast boats and @ 61 years old , my need for speed & rough water are behind me.

Maybe the plus is room to walk around and fish without the stress if that's possible chasing tarpon, snook & reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Em View Post
    That being said, I need to set up it properly. I read through the threads and see that most of you have installed a 10" jack plate, which is a bit out of the price range at the moment. So in the absence of adding a jackplate, which prop setup have you found that works the best. Obviously I want as much top end speed as possible, but I still need decent holeshot with a full load.

Anyone have a good prop recommendation for this same rig? Thanks to all.
    Look at the first post in this thread. It has my exact set up and some do's/dont's. In my opinion, you are taking steps backwards by getting a prop before the jackplate and you wont get max top end/holeshot without the full set up. The prop you get now may or may not work best with the jackplate. Sine you know a trophy 19" works (from my trials), you can go with that but i dont think you will be able to turn a 19" fast enough or get the desired lift without the jackplate.
    If money is a issue, Bobs makes a jackplate that is upgradable to a hydro from a manual. this is the route i took. $600 or so for the manual then another $600 to upgrade later on if you want to. or look for a used plate on the forums.

- I bought 3 different props before a jackplate. it wasnt until i bought the jp AND prop that i could get the boat to run better. The 115 needs all the help you can give it.
    Last edited by seapickle; 03-31-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciasurv View Post
    Thanks Seapickle , I have weighed out most of the ups/downs. Storage , livewell capacity , quality etc. were a concern but I don't
    fish tournaments now , been in the fast boats and @ 61 years old , my need for speed & rough water are behind me.

Maybe the plus is room to walk around and fish without the stress if that's possible chasing tarpon, snook & reds.
    1) unless you are going with a 150hp, this boat isnt fast. it doesnt wake up until 5000 rpms / 40mph with the 115hp. To me, this hull weight is in between a 115hp and a 150hp. Maxed out i touch on 45mph with 2 people full gas and gear (40mph from the factory). A stock 150hp does 52mph and with the proper set up i could bet you could do 55-57mph. I dont need to go 57 mph but the 115 almost feels like it needs a little push in the 30-40mph range which causes me to run 5000 rpms more often than i normally would. With that being said, i wish i had the 150 bc i dont need to go 57 but i also wouldnt be turning 5000+ rpms everytime i go fishing

2) if possible, take it out for a test run. In my opinion, since xpress isnt as wide on the bottom as a glass bay boat, they are not nearly as stable (bass boat hull w/ a bay boat face); especially with multiple people in it. It is very weight sensitive side to side. I wish they made the sides more straight down instead of angled in which would open up the walk way AND give a much more stable ride. Here we get into trade offs again.
    Last edited by seapickle; 03-31-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast