Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the heads up. How do you like fishing with a Bimini top? I've thought about getting one but wasn't sure I wanted to mess with it and have it laying on the back deck.

2. Member
    I rarely ever use it, only if aught in a heavy rain or if the wife wants to ride in summer. It is not a bother for me at all, stowed with zip cover. When I have needed it, I was glad to have one.

3. Member
    http://yamahaoutboards.com/sites/def...-07-22_alm.pdf

This is the Yamaha performance bull item on our boat, interesting!

Yeah I had seen that before buying the boat. Those don't mean shit. The motor is set up wrong from the factory and that is an extremely light load they used. I could get 46-47mph with that load....i could go on for days haha. I get much better numbers. I'm having my prop worked on again next week so hopefully I can run it soon. I should have another 1-2mph left in her.

5. Member
    I'm planning to purchase a H20B with a Yamaha 150 SHO on a 10" hydraulic jack plate and was wondering if you all have any suggestions on the finished product. Specifically steering, prop, and Minnkota options. Spend most of my time at Amistad, Falcon and the hill country lakes however the boat will probably find itself sitting in the salt several times a year. Primary target is bass but will be taking kids out for catfish, crappie, etc.

Thanks.

6. Member
    For sure go with a bigger variable speed trolling motor. I would also suggest a breaker box in lieu of multiple in line fuses in center console and a bus bar & isolation switch by crank battery. Check upholstery staples for Monel or stainless (magnet) if steel they will rust an FU your upholstery, particularly over bait well. Check cut outs for fit, I had two screws in instrument carbon fiber plate that missed the fiberglass and one in the trolling motor plate that screwed into nothing. I would check everything very carefully before you give up the check, I will promise you, that you will later find fit & finis issues! Screws will eventually pull out of seat cushions, best remedy is to install t-nuts, which requires removing the upholstery. If steel staples you will want to do this anyway. It is a good fishing layout just not much QC.

7. Member
    Thanks Lmf101, am headed to the dealer in San Antonio this afternoon and will check out the details mentioned in your post. Since I'm getting old this is probably "last boat" so will spend the time getting it right and totally set for all conditions. What year is your rig?

8. Member
    Mine is a 2013.

9. Member
    Oh yea, have them put gas in it with you watching! Many issues with check valves, fill line & in tank vent line, and the vapor recovery systems. I had to remove a lot of this crap just to fuel the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
    I'm planning to purchase a H20B with a Yamaha 150 SHO on a 10" hydraulic jack plate and was wondering if you all have any suggestions on the finished product. Specifically steering, prop, and Minnkota options. Spend most of my time at Amistad, Falcon and the hill country lakes however the boat will probably find itself sitting in the salt several times a year. Primary target is bass but will be taking kids out for catfish, crappie, etc.

Thanks.
    that boat will MOVE! 57-60mph with the right prop. I would venture to say a T1 or something of that nature. I wouldnt go lower than the 70lb thrust. I find it is sufficient but some may like the 80lb better. The already mentioned quality control issues are all you need to watch out for. I dont know how much you will get the dealer to "fix" or "upgrade" to your liking but you can always try. They sell so many down here in La that they will let you walk if you dont pay for upgrades or control fixes
    Last edited by seapickle; 12-11-2014 at 08:21 AM.

11. Member
    57-60 would be fun, actually anything above 50 would be nice surprise. Seems like now to early spring is their busy season; producing for boat shows and dealer inventory. Delivery would be 8 weeks from date of order. Might just wait till early summer and visit the factory during fabrication an fitting. Putting your face on a particular product does wonders for the QC. Will start researching props...

12. Member
    Work is for people that don't know how to fish!

13. Member
    image.jpg This is my new addition. It just slips into brackets but below natural slope of cover so not normally removed. Great for resting rods, climbing up and down all day. I really enjoy this, best $100.00 bucks spent on this boat!
    Work is for people that don't know how to fish!

sealskin 1200 boat cover - so far so good

15. Member
    Hi all, I am a newbie to the Xpress world. I will be picking up my H20B on fri the 23rd. Can't wait! anyhow, yall have given me some ideas and thoughts for imediate improvements on an already spectacularly laid out fishing boat. The boat has a manual jack plate and a 150SHO. Not sure what setting the jack plate is on or what pitch prop is on there but after reading this thread i will definitely be tweaking to get all the performance i can out of this set up. Ive owned a couple flats/bay boats and run a lot of boats at work. The Xpress is the way to go.

Garret

Sounds like a sweet set up. There are many quality control improvements that you can do (wiring, hardware) and creature comforts to add (switch panes, led lights,radio)
    I'm guessing you will have a 21-23" pitch prop. If it is a powertec, throw it away. My set up runs best with a mercury trophy. The trophy will be a good prop for you but I'm sure you an get a faster 3 blade since you won't need the help from the trophy like us with the F115. Someone on the prop board or for sure in the main Xpress board can tell you which prop. I'm very interested to know how the boat is with the sho on it

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seapickle View Post
    Sounds like a sweet set up. There are many quality control improvements that you can do (wiring, hardware) and creature comforts to add (switch panes, led lights,radio)
    I'm guessing you will have a 21-23" pitch prop. If it is a powertec, throw it away. My set up runs best with a mercury trophy. The trophy will be a good prop for you but I'm sure you an get a faster 3 blade since you won't need the help from the trophy like us with the F115. Someone on the prop board or for sure in the main Xpress board can tell you which prop. I'm very interested to know how the boat is with the sho on it

Thanks. I will repost after i get it good and broke in. Which should be next weekend.

18. Member
    The boat is amazing! Greatly exceeded all expectations. I had my wife and 3yr old with me so really running the boat was out of the question. I did run it up to about 51-5200rpms with a little trim and was already at 50mph. The hull was super quiet and cut the chop like a good fiberglass boat. Overall, super impressive boat. I could not be happier.

Garret

Good to hear. It does handle better than expected for an alum. Boat. What prop came on your boat? What size jack plate? I assume you can set the JP to 3.5" below pad for a start. Sounds like you have it set pretty good from the factory if you were at 50 already. I think you will be able to get 57-60mph with the right set up

20. Member
    As soon as I can get to it I will repost and let u know. Thanks

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast