Thread: Hardy Lake

Hardy Lake

Does anyone have any info on Hardy Lake. I assume it is a mess with all the rain.

1ST USA Bassin 13 boats or so had 2 fish weight in. A sad place to fish but I live close.

2018 Phoenix 921
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro xs
    Hotrod

It is a fine example of how the DNR can screw up a lake!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manalive79 View Post
    It is a fine example of how the DNR can screw up a lake!
    Yeah friggin sad. That was such a good lake a few years ago. I remember going up there and catching 50-100 a day with several keepers in the mix. Grass and pads everywhere. I wouldn't waste the gas to go up there now.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Yeah friggin sad. That was such a good lake a few years ago. I remember going up there and catching 50-100 a day with several keepers in the mix. Grass and pads everywhere. I wouldn't waste the gas to go up there now.
    If you need to test something on your boat it's fine but other than that a waste!
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro88 View Post
    If you need to test something on your boat it's fine but other than that a waste!
    Seems like most Indiana lakes are only worthy for that.
    Basscat!

Wow guys that is so disappointing. Now I read that they are going to kill the grass at Guntersville too. I hate it when they try to make things better. Leave the lakes alone. Mother nature will take care if it. Hardy used to be a great little lake. Many days and nights spent there.

5 years ago dan was turning boats away in the usa bassin tourneys on hardy cause he had a permit for 25 boats and more than that would show up.Now that the grass and pads are gone they can't get half as many to show cause the fishing is so bad.5 lbs will win every tourney there now.

9. Member
    I live near Hardy and fish it all the time. Last year during the redear spawn I was using a little bit of nightcrawler fishing on the bottom and was catching more 10 inch bass than I was redear. Since they have stocked the stripers and now waleye not sure what that's going to do. You can catch some descent stripers now but I loved fishing it more for the crappie and bluegill.

10. Banned
    I know it's too late but how does the immediate surrounding community feel about the decline in everything and where is the best place to voice complaints. Has anybody's head hung over this??

I has to hurt he DNR also before the screw up the parking lots were full. Now only a few. That has got to get someone's attention.

2018 Phoenix 921
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro xs
    Hotrod

I don't know if voicing our opinions would really do anything. I think they are more concerned about the pleasure boaters anyway.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manalive79 View Post
    I don't know if voicing our opinions would really do anything. I think they are more concerned about the pleasure boaters anyway.
    I second that comment!!
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

14. Member
    I only fished it a few times last year, I went and prefished the week before the first spring USA Bassin last year and probably caught 80+ and not a single fish worth measuring. The day of the tournament we caught 60+ and not a single fish worth even measuring. Its terrible I went thru close to 150 bass and not a single 14" keeper.

We fished it sunday for about 3 hours, caught 5 dinks at the dam. Would have rather fished the muddy ohio river, but they have the ramp closed due to high water and bridge construction.
    Solar Bat Pro Staff
    Enigma Fishing Pro Staff
    Outdoorsman Direct Pro Staff
    Super Shine Tint & Detail
    Fishing Team
    Madison, IN 812~273~2055
    Nitro 901CDX