2014 Pro XS 150...question

Have there been any constant issues I need to be aware of before I dive into buying one? Im getting a 3 year platinum warranty + a 2 year gold warranty but wanted to make sure there hasn't been anything crazy going on with them before I go and buy this boat.

2. Banned
    I'm sure someone else can answer this better, but you won't find many threads on here about the late model 150 ProXS's.

I run mine hard and not a single hiccup.

3. Member
    Same as Dave's comment, my '14 150 ProXS has been a great performer. Once I broke her in, fuel economy has been outstanding. So far so good.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Take care of it (annual regular maintenace), don't let little problems become big and it will serve you well! Realize that it is not your daddy's Mercury. They are complicated machines built for performance!

Last edited by 06 SB; 11-22-2014 at 11:16 AM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Excellent engines. Many topics in the link below would apply:

http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-3-l...09-2014-a.html

Also- keep in mind that the extra 2-years "Gold" coverage covers only MAJOR ASSEMBLIES. Should you wish (later) to upgrade, or extend this coverage... we would be happy to provide you a quote (with special BBC member pricing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Banned
    What's it typically cost to upgrade for those 2 years?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    What's it typically cost to upgrade for those 2 years?
    Must be verified and priced BY SERIAL NUMBER.

Drop me an email (or PM) if you would like to inquire on pricing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Excellent engines. Many topics in the link below would apply:

http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-3-l...09-2014-a.html

Also- keep in mind that the extra 2-years "Gold" coverage covers only MAJOR ASSEMBLIES. Should you wish (later) to upgrade, or extend this coverage... we would be happy to provide you a quote (with special BBC member pricing).
    Very good to know. Thank you ! I pick my new boat up tomorrow. Will begin the break in period Thursday morning.