where to go this weekend...April 5-6

Had planned to go to monroe with a buddy, he decided to work instead. I may still go down there, but kinda thinking of going to manitou even though I'm not sure it is completely ice free. With all the rain today and the warm temps all week I can't see it still having ice.

2. Member
    I expect high and muddy waters this weekend.

I live 45 minutes from Monroe and avoid that fishless place like the plague.
    Basscat!

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Had planned to go to monroe with a buddy, he decided to work instead. I may still go down there, but kinda thinking of going to manitou even though I'm not sure it is completely ice free. With all the rain today and the warm temps all week I can't see it still having ice.
    Was wondering the same thing. I would like to get out somewhere...and if nothing else burn up the old gas.

You don't want to come down this way due to the flooding.I was in brown county last night on the upper end of monroe and its flooded really bad,salt creek looks as big and muddy as the mississippi river.

5. Member
    Patoka lake came up 3 feet last nite and still on a rapid rise.

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I agree with the others. I doubt this weekend down in the southern part of the state, would be a good one to fish. Water levels on all the lakes are really coming up fast. Some areas had 3+" of rain last night and yesterday. I haven't been down to Brookville, but by the weekend, I am sure it will look like coffee with cream, at least in the upper half of the lake.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001champ View Post
    Patoka lake came up 3 feet last nite and still on a rapid rise.
    I wonder if the guys that lobbied to reschedule the first hoosier open to this weekend are re-thinking their decision.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    I wonder if the guys that lobbied to reschedule the first hoosier open to this weekend are re-thinking their decision.
    Actually if the mud would lay down it would be a pretty good event with high water. I sure know where I would go.

I doubt it, going to be a lot nicer this weekend than it would have been on the 16th. Do you like fishing in the snow? Plus they had the 2nd tournament scheduled for Sunday anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by indyfishman View Post
    I doubt it, going to be a lot nicer this weekend than it would have been on the 16th. Do you like fishing in the snow? Plus they had the 2nd tournament scheduled for Sunday anyhow.
    As a matter of fact, I catch better bags of fish in march in the snow than a day after the lake came up 3 feet and went from clear to mud. I am not fishing any HOT tournaments, so I guess they can do whatever they want. But I would rather catch fish and be cold or hot or wet or whatever than be on the lake on a pretty day and go home empty handed.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Member
    I agree steve! There was no reason at all they couldnt have had that first hoosier open. I know why they didnt, some of the good ole boys wouldnt have got to practice a week straight prior to the tourney and would have had to go into it like the rest of the people that work monday-fri. Oh well doesnt matter to me anyways im not fishin them this year.

I don't mind fishing in the snow personally, kinda like it.

I heard as of Thursday night that Webster is ice free, Wawasee should be close too. The melt happened quick, I watched my favorite lake go from fully covered to ice out in 24 hours with the rain we had.

Syracuse is open. And I know my in-law's lake, Loon (just north of Columbia City) opened up this past week. Water level is high though.

15. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Curtis View Post
    Syracuse is open. And I know my in-law's lake, Loon (just north of Columbia City) opened up this past week. Water level is high though.
    I've fished Loon lake a lot. My Uncle used to have a cottage there on the west side of he lake. I pretty much grew up there in the summers...of course that was a long, long time ago.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

16. Member
    heard today Brookville is lil over summer pool and mud line just past Fairfield causeway ibf tourney there this weekend wish em luck