HELP please: Lowrance consle and bow install with NMEA network

Hi everyone,
    I have a 2013 ZX200 that came with networked console and bow panel H'bird 790's. I am swapping them out for RAM mounted Lowrance Elite 7 HDI at bow and a HDS 10 Gen 2 at console. I bought the NMEA starter kit as well as the Yamaha interface so I can get engine stats in the console unit.

My question is not so much about the setup and networking, there seems to be a lot of good info posted here on that as well as YouTube (and the owner's manual...), BUT my question is about the best routes to run the cables and wires in the ZX200.

I'm great with electronics and wiring, less great figuring out the best way to run cables through the different boat compartments.

Any help and pictures would be HUGELY appreciated. This is a father/son project so any good help we get will go along way! Thanks everyone.

Doug

2. Member
    Run the wires right thru the fire wall
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 V8 ProXS

Get a wire snake you'll need it. From the console feed it through the hole that all the rest of the wires come through. You can feed it to the back of the boat and pull the wire or a string back. From there route it around the battery compartment and through the engine feed conduit. The conduit is the hardest part of the whole install. You will have to remove the clamp and unbolt it from the engine cowling. It takes some work.
    Now going from the console to the bow. Same thing feed the wires through the hole under the console again but this time you'll have to work the snake into the right hand compartment. Once you have it there you'll find the rest or the wires hanging up along the top of the compartment.interface1.jpginterface2.jpg
    Last edited by jwcfbd; 03-31-2014 at 06:10 PM.

---------------------------------------
    2011 Skeeter ZX200 w/SHO 200.

4. Member
    Thanks to both of you.

5. Member
    To get wires from the back to the console I take out the driver's glove box. This gives great access toward the back and to the console. I run all of my wiring from the back to the glove box area. Then I run a fish tape (or coat hanger) through the hole under the console back to the glove box, tape the wire to the fish tape and pull it through the hole. Sounds easy but it can be a bear. Lots of wires there.
    You will need to power your NMEA network. I powered mine from the extra plugs under the console. There should be some extras under there marked as ACC. They are connected to the power switch. Some good places to put your NMEA network under the console.
    When you run the interface cable I found coating the cable in soapy water helped it slip through the engine cable bundle.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO