Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tuff coat stratos 219f

Awesome forum! Long time lurker.

main reason for my post is to suggest to anyone considering a restoration to take lots of pictures. I wish I would've taken more....not to suggest I'm doing a total overhaul.

ripped out the carpet on my 1996 stratos 219f. Decided to go with tuff coat with the afterthought of snap in carpet over top. Still early in the project, but I think I'm gonna like it
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Also doing a deck extension. The 219f was an off model that only lasted from 94 to 98, I think. Marketed as a walleye/multi boat. Has a lot of neat features, but lacks a good bass fishing casting deck. So that's under way as well.

3. Member
    First coat on the lids. Tried not to go to thick on first coat, but tough to do with this stuff. Mechanically mixing is key!

Any advice for the interior of a fiberglass boat?

Anybody have an ole stratos 219?

4. Member
    Honestly, I'm really doing this to see what the lowest possible comment to vie ratio is attainable .

Im holding the record...

Ratio is holding well. Your lids aluminum? Tuff coat holding well on them?
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moneill17 View Post
    Honestly, I'm really doing this to see what the lowest possible comment to vie ratio is attainable .

Im holding the record...
    LOL

Curious to see what this will turn out like. The 219f was a great multi-species boat, especially for the walleye/bass/muskie guys - not as deep as a pure "walleye" hull which makes it nice for stand-up casting. Anxious to see more pics of yours!!

8. Member
    Project is done (ish). Turned out lighter than I wanted, but oh well.

Okie, yes they are aluminum. Can't speak to durability, but I got on it with 40 grit and used the metal primer. So I'm hopeful.

castingcall. You are spot on about the 219. Not a bassmaster dream, but for me it works. Handles rough water excellent and gives a family boat feel

9. Member
    Oh yeah, you're welcome for the sideways pictures

i like it

1991 Vision 200T, Johnson GT200
    2006 Nissan Titan LE
    "Work is the curse of the fishing class"
    ]

11. Member
    Looks good! I like the idea!

12. Member
    I am about to order Tuff coat what color did you have there? Pretty easy to work with all and all?

13. Member
    I used light gray. Make sure you use their primer and roller and mix thoroughly with drill attachment. It's thick, but pretty easy to use

14. Member
    looks good easy clean-up

15. Member
    this is exactly what I needed thank you for posting I have a stratos 22SS we use in the salt also that I think this will be perfect for.

16. Member
    I'm currently replacing the carpet in my 2001 TR 20 with Tuff Coat. I have three coats on the lids right now and shooting for five. The key to getting this to lay right is surface prep. I have also found it easier to spread if you use a brush to initially cover and then follow it with the texture roller. We'll see what the final product looks like.

17. Member
    Had my first outing. Really liked it. I did three coats. It's all in the prep. Both of their primers are awesome. Love to see others pics

18. Member
    Mk2. I'm sure you will be okay, but if you are going to do that many coats, keep them thin. Too think May crack. Not from experience....just what I read

19. Member
    Mk2, make sure you post up some pics can't wait to see how it turns out

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2tkd9706 View Post
    I'm currently replacing the carpet in my 2001 TR 20 with Tuff Coat. I have three coats on the lids right now and shooting for five. The key to getting this to lay right is surface prep. I have also found it easier to spread if you use a brush to initially cover and then follow it with the texture roller. We'll see what the final product looks like.
    Very nicely done moneill17. I am replacing my carpet with a roll-on liner and have decided to go with Tuff Coat or KiwiGrip. Is the Tuff Coat finish real aggressive and rough profile wise? Also, how hot does it get in the hot sun light? I have heard some say it doesn't get got and others say it does. I was going with a gray or light gray color. I have read if you don't want a rough surface to use a paint brush first and then use the roller for the second coat rolling it on lightly. Thanks for any suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast