Thread: please help!

Question please help!

I just bought a new to me 1997 201 pro elite Stratos with a 2001 Johnson 225 HO with a 6 in high jacker plate on it with a rich bozer blue printed and balanced 24 raker. My boat is running with one person and no fishing equipment and half tank of fuel wide open at 5800 69 mph GPS. I would have thought it would have been 10 mph faster . Its throwing a very high rooster tail . I think maybe my motor is to high but I am new to all this . Please help

2. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    very doubtful it would be 10 mph faster, although im not a stratos expert by any stretch of the imagination. you may be overtrimming to get that tall roostertail. look in the setups forum for the sticky on " how to measure prop to pad' . this measurement , along with the other #'s you posted, will be helpful to the experts in this forum, of which i am not .

3. Member
    If your numbers are correct you've only got 8% slip which is excellent but to get more speed you have to increase your prop pitch. Run it fully loaded with that prop and see what it does.