Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Prepare to be dazzled.
    Just did another Brookville drive-by...There is open water in spots by the dam and Bonwell ramp, but has ice going north up the lake.

Drove over the Quakertown causeway and it was open as far as I could see south. Still down a few feet but I think it's filling back up.

\"The only difference between me and the pros....they catch more fish.\".......Me

2. Member
    shesgonnaleaveme, sounds like clear water is right around the corner. Did you happen to go by Whitewater Lake again? I typically hit WW before heading to B'ville...thinking of taking next Friday off, man I'm getting into a lather...

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Brookville is about 7'+ below summer pool right now. That's per the Corps of Engineers site.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Banned
    Went by B-ville this afternoon... Ice above the Fairfield Causeway, most of Garr Hill creek open, Dam ramp has about 5 acres open... Maybe next week... Dan

5. Prepare to be dazzled.
    Didn't go by Whitewater, had the little one with us and a mildly limited schedule. I'm guessing it'll be a bit before it's open. You'll be able to fish Brookville before Whitewater.

\"The only difference between me and the pros....they catch more fish.\".......Me

6. Member
    Drove by geist a little while ago from the olio bridge and it seems to be clear as far as I can see. I saw Jacob wheeler in the parking lot getting ready to unload his boat. Only guy at the lake.

7. idbefishing
    Hmm..I figured he'd be in Texas getting ready for the next tour event. I guess he can't resist ice cold Indiana water.

Just got back from geist a few minutes ago. It is NOT open. If you are going towards the dam from the ramp it is only open from the ramp to just before the new bay that was created a couple years ago. You can't even get to that bay. So basically you are limited to the creek under olio (gravel pit frozen) and the area in front of the ramp and a few hundred yards from the ramp going towards the dam. We tried to bust through some ice but it started to get thick after a bit so decided it wasn't worth it. We drove through the neighborhoods on the lake and it was froze most everywhere but the fall creek bridge area. Still gonna be a few days.

9. Member
    Ice cold Indiana muddy water Lance!!!!! Probably getting his new boat ready for Texas, I know he said he was picking it up this week. Upper end is clear of ice unless you hit the backs of the small pockets, then there was still 2-3 inches of ice on them. It was still a solid sheet from bank to bank from the marina to the dam, small areas on banks open but nothing that looked even breakable. Looks like it might happen by mid week if it does rain like they say it will, our club is waiting until Wednesday to decide if they want to hold the Cabin Fever on the 22nd or not. I hope its free and clear, I just want to see all the head scratching that will be going on after the tourney.

10. Prepare to be dazzled.
    Please update on this thread or in the indiana forum if you guys decide to have it or not. Thanks! I know it drastically dictates my weekend plans!

11. idbefishing
    What do you mean by head scratching Josh? How many boat do you expect to turn out? I'll go somewhere else if y'all going to have a bunch. I prefer Geist since it is closest to home but I don't want to get in the way.

12. Member
    If it happens expect 40 plus boats, and the head scratching will be due to very cold and dirty water.

13. Member
    At Patoka yesterday. No sign of ice anywhere ever back in the coves. Warmest water we found was 49.4, so still cold which was no surprise.

14. Member
    Still 16 inches of ice in Angola. Time to head south!

15. Prepare to be dazzled.
    Brookville and Whitewater are both wide open. Brookville is still low but whitewater is at full pool. Good luck and be safe!

16. Member
    Geist has opened up quite a bit more even with the cold air temps. All the idle zone on the marina side is now ice free, and even down lake its starting to break up more. Still a lot of ice from outside the idle zone to the dam but there are areas its opening up. Between the ramp and the Fall Creek bridge is still 1/2 iced in, all pits off the main lake still iced in. Upper end ice free, even saw two boats out running around getting the dust off. Looks like it might be clear by the end of the week, especially with the warmer temps I saw forecasted and some rain mixed in.

17. Member
    Thanks for the word, shesgonnaleaveme! Taking next Friday off (3/28), will let you know results.

18. Member
    I was at Freeman this Saturday. The south end was still solid from Pearson's (Tall Timbers) ramp across the lake. At the main bridge from there to Monticello was open water with ice bricks floating from the bridge south. The bay for the Dodge Camp ramp was frozen solid. I did not make it by Shafer though. Come on sun!!

19. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shesgonnaleaveme View Post
    Brookville and Whitewater are both wide open. Brookville is still low but whitewater is at full pool. Good luck and be safe!
    Great news!! Maybe, just maybe, I can get on the water as soon as I get a new battery charger installed later this week!
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

20. Member
    Brookville wide open yesterday from dam to Quakertown found low 42 degree temp..... water color changes to slight dingy from Fairfield north be careful lake looks to be 7-8 ft low lots of ducks too!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast