Ranger 482v prop help

Need some advice!!!! On my 482v I am running a tempest 23 pitch with a 6 inch jack plate, motor is on the second hole, I'm only getting 50 mph at 5500 rpm with a mercury 1995 150 2.0 black max hole shot isnt great and once on plain I'm at 4500rpm then I trim to 5500rpm max speeed alone is 51.9 with light tackle!! any feedback would be appreciated ..

The 2.0 is a small 150 and wont perform as well on heavy hulls... The motor may not be as strong as it once was. You might try a different 23P Tempest plus and see if your prop could be the weak link.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Do you think having the prop machined cupped and printed would help in any way

4. Member
    ??

If the prop was poorly repaired and blade area removed in it's past history, It will never come back to where it needs too.... If it has never been worked/repaired, Mark can bring it back to life...………. If the motor is not falling short on HP.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    your hull only weighs 1250lbs. I had a 482v years ago and sounds to me like your jack plate needs adjusting. How is the bow lift and how high is your rooster tail at full trim at WOT ? Once you answer the first two questions then we can look at the prop.

7. Member

482 v prop help

Quote Originally Posted by gonnabe View Post
    your hull only weighs 1250lbs. I had a 482v years ago and sounds to me like your jack plate needs adjusting. How is the bow lift and how high is your rooster tail at full trim at WOT ? Once you answer the first two questions then we can look at the prop.

Id say the rooster is quite high at full trim and WOT about the height of the motor and I'd say bow lift is minimal should be higher IMO.

8. Member
    Lower your motor 1" and report back. My guess is your still a little high and you probably need a different prop. Start with the simple stuff first.

9. Member
    Lower your motor 1" and report back. My guess is your still a little high and you probably need a different prop. Start with the simple stuff first.

My prop is a tempest plus and I'm at the bottom of my jack plate now I'll need to move my motor down to drop an inch

10. Member
    I'll end you a pm with my cell so you can send me a pic of the Jack plate area.

11. Member
    I'll end you a pm with my cell so you can send me a pic of the Jack plate area.
    Pm sent