I had a good "ice out" day

the thee ponds at the local course thawed out the other day. Took the dogs for a walk, and took along the old telescopic ball retriever. Fished out a couple of dozen balls, and about half of them cleaned up to near perfect condition.

I played last month on one of the 50 degree days. The one main pond had been frozen for quite a while. Had I had the guts to walk out onto the ice, I could've picked up about a dozen or so balls just laying out there.

3. Member
    yea, we play most days if it is over 45 with not much wind. Those days have been few and far between this winter. It is interesting to watch the balls accumulate on the ice.

4. Banned
    I've always wanted to play on a 20 degree day to see how far my drive would go.

Two years ago I played on New Years day when it was 30 degrees out, no wind at all. It was actually pretty nice to walk, just wish the ground was a little softer lol.

When I was in my late teens/early 20's (late 80'searly 90's) we used to play in cold weather. Never played as low as 20's but low 30's. We played a few courses were some of the greens would be shovled off.
    My brother cracked a few Titelist DT' s back then. That was before low compression balls and really the only low compressions were Flying Ladies and no man would be caught dead playing those.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I've always wanted to play on a 20 degree day to see how far my drive would go.

Not very far because you will have a cracked driver