Thread: new clubs

new clubs

Well I went and did it. hit every kind of iron could get my hands on at Austads. Was there for seriously 2.5 hrs and the guy kept sneaking a club back into the rotation, and boy am I glad he did. IF you are going to look at new iron sets I went with the new TaylorMade SpeedBlades. I absolutely knew with out a doubt when I was Hitting them. ON the simulator gained 10 to 15 yrds. Will have to see in real life. Will let you know around June 1st. (that is when the snow is expected to be "ALMOST" gone

2. Member
    Congats on new clubs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reCeived a new set of clubs for Christmas, they are the TaylorMade RocketBallz..I banged them into the net at golf discount, but haven't used them yet either..I think I will be able to use mine before you though I got half hybrid 3 thru 6 which are graphite and the rest steel, with a pitching wedge and a approach wedge which I had never heard of..
    While hitting the woods I learned my swing speed was 85mph. I think if I worked at a golf store I would spend all my time at the range net, it is pretty cool.
    Goodluck and have fun with your new clubs..I know I will.

Mary

4. Member
    Mary enjoy your new clubs !!!!!!!!!!

5. Member
    85 mph swing speed is pretty impressive, mary.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    85 mph swing speed is pretty impressive, mary.
    Not to sure About that Josh..The guy Said I should uSe Senior golf shafts because of my swing speed..He also said I needed more loft..I think my driver is 12.5 or 13.5 instead of the norMal 10.5. That seemed funny to me I would have thought the flatter the head the further the ball would go.

This is the Year I may finally break 100 without cheating. I have a bad habit of kicking the Ball and taking mulligans...

Mary

7. Member
    This is the Year I may finally break 100 without cheating. I have a bad habit of kicking the Ball and taking mulligans...

Mary, I'm asshamed of you......cheating?I'm ready for this damn weather to get over with so I can start "kicking" the ball around.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by midnytlady View Post
    Not to sure About that Josh..The guy Said I should uSe Senior golf shafts because of my swing speed..He also said I needed more loft..I think my driver is 12.5 or 13.5 instead of the norMal 10.5. That seemed funny to me I would have thought the flatter the head the further the ball would go.

Mary

theres quite a few grown men in my golf league that flirt with 75s from the tips week after week swinging 90 - 95 mph.

i think you are borderline mens regular/mens stiff flex, but swing tempo has a bit to do with it too. if your swing is real smooth, go regular. if you go at ball hard or have alot of variation, go stiff.

As for loft, it helps having more loft if youre a slower swinger, because it helps get the ball airborn with back spin - slower ball speeds require more backspin to stay in the air longer.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Mary must be related to the judge.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Quote Originally Posted by midnytlady View Post

Mary
    Ahh.. the old foot wedge.

Alright guys it is not that I Am kicking the ball down the course like the Judge..I just refuse to hit the Ball from right behinD a tree and take a stroke Heck no one reAlly cares what I Do out there because my bEst game ever is 106 (with 6 kicks and 3 mulligans)

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by fishrgolf View Post
    Well I went and did it. hit every kind of iron could get my hands on at Austads. Was there for seriously 2.5 hrs and the guy kept sneaking a club back into the rotation, and boy am I glad he did. IF you are going to look at new iron sets I went with the new TaylorMade SpeedBlades. I absolutely knew with out a doubt when I was Hitting them. ON the simulator gained 10 to 15 yrds. Will have to see in real life. Will let you know around June 1st. (that is when the snow is expected to be "ALMOST" gone

I will be up in your hood for a couple days in the end of June then I'm headed to the walker area for a week. What courses should I play?