Vision 110 replacement hooks?

Just wondering what hooks you are using when you need to switch out? Are you putting the original Katsuage outbarbs on? If so where are you buying them? And I am sure its been discussed before but does anyone put red hooks on a jerkbait?

Thanks

2. Member
    I'm curious to see the responses on this. I will change the hooks out to gama's, and I have just started using red hooks my last trip, they look good for sure.

3. Member
    What size is on the 110.
    Red Sox in 6!

4. Member
    I just changed all my hooks out for this season. The vision 110 uses #6 hooks. I replaced mine with Gama's #6 roundbend, perfect match and those new hooks are sticky sharp. I'm not a fan of red hooks, went with the black off Tacklewarehouse.

5. I'm your Huckleberry Chuck D's Avatar
    I prefer the black nickel hooks myself. I want the fish looking at that insane finish on those baits more than the hooks.

6. Member
    How does it suspend with the hooks that aren't stock?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...62577051,d.aWc

KATSUAGE HOOK GUNMETAL #6

Those are links to purchase the Katsuage M.B. hooks.

50 Mustad Triple Grip Short Shank Treble Hooks Size 6 Black Nickle

I also purchase replacement hooks from that link above ^^^. Those are #6 Mustad Triple Grip treble hooks.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by SDavisFishing View Post
    How does it suspend with the hooks that aren't stock?
    Check out the links I provided in my post above. The #6 Mustad Triple Grip treble hooks are heavier than the Katsuage stock hooks.

You have to be careful using hooks that are not stock. Vision 110's are slow floaters naturally with stock hooks. I just about always change out the middle hook on Vision 110's with a #6 Mustad Triple Grip treble hook, that helps the Vision 110 to suspend better, but it is still a slow floater.

If you add 2 Mustad Triple Grip treble hooks it will usually suspend almost perfectly, but sometimes that is too much weight, and it will cause the bait to sink. Trial and error, no 2 Vision 110's are the same. You can also play with the split ring sizes also. I usually test them for suspending rates in my kitchen sink, and add snow to the water to cool off the temperature of the water. Water temp changes how the baits suspend a little bit.

I know it seems overboard, but when you cant fish because everything is frozen, tinkering with baits passes the time just a little.

Make sure you keep the stock hooks you change out!! They will come in handy.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

I will never use any other hook on a 110 again. I tried it, and the action is way different and I had fewer bites. A lot fewer.

10. Member
    I called Megabass US last year when their headquarters was on the east coast and they sold them directly to me in lots of 50 or 100.... I don't remember which.