Angry Best trolling motor batteries?

Time for new batteries, I like the optimas but they're a little pricey for me right now, bass pro has theirs on sale right now. I've never used bps batteries, are they dependable and long lasting? What's ya,ll's favorite batteries for the money. I'll spend the extra money for performance if need be, but Obama killed my tax return this year!!! No new fishin stuff for me! I have a 70lb motor guide on a tr 20 triton. Thanks for any advice

Cabelas AGM all the way. They just went on sale!

3. Member
    The BassPro batteries are made by East Penn, parent company of Deka and should be good batteries. Personally and my opinion, I don't like AGMs on the trolling motor, but would opt for the biggest AGM available for the cranking accessory.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    I have had great luck with the Everstart MAXX 29's. First set lasted me 5-1/2 years, they're $95 a piece, and there's Walmart stores everywhere!

5. Member
    Deka batteries are what I have. Cost about $120 each for a 31 series TM battery. Find your local wholesaler and buy them directly. I saw BassPro labels at my wholesaler. I also saw Duracell labels. Same batteries just different labels.

6. Member
    Thank you sir, I'll give em a try!

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 519DVX View Post
    I have had great luck with the Everstart MAXX 29's. First set lasted me 5-1/2 years, they're $95 a piece, and there's Walmart stores everywhere!
    I've run the Johnson Controls built Everstart's for the past 9-10 years, I have 4 in the boat now, season 3 - they are great IMO.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

8. Member
    I also found that the walmart everstarts are absolutely great! beats any other battery i have used.