Thread: Grand is frozen

Grand is frozen

Reports over on the okie board show that a lot of the lake is frozen

2. Member
    I always vote for the spring rally to be in early May. I understand all of the reasons to have it in March, but damn, I hate fishing in the cold.

3. Member
    Both of you will have enough Irish coffee to stay warm lol

Over 19 lbs won a TM last weekend..

5. Member
    Clyde hate to say it but you might need to bring that old triton of yours to bust some of the ice for us. Then you report it to insurance and it's a two for one. We get to fish and you get a check for the triton. Can I get the motor from you though after the insurance claim???
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Ranger 521 svx
    2006 Evinrude Etec E225DHLSDF #05135216

(Dads)
    1995 Champion 202
    1997 Johnson Venom 200STLEUB SN# G04338914 Built 4/97

6. Member
    i was there Saturday there is no ice left. the water was in the low 40's upper 30's in most places. I never turned a fish I did however snag a shad. the lower lake is clear the forecast is for snow and ice and freezing rain this saturday night through monday.http://www.newson6.com/category/112040/weather

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodakrep View Post
    Clyde hate to say it but you might need to bring that old triton of yours to bust some of the ice for us. Then you report it to insurance and it's a two for one. We get to fish and you get a check for the triton. Can I get the motor from you though after the insurance claim???

If I was gonna break ice, I'd bring my duck boat. It's used to it. I'll be towing the Legend. Can't let Wheels be the only one to show up with a new boat. But my Triton is still for sale if ya just gotta have a newer boat with a Honda on it.

8. Member
    I should add that we have two Suburbans, so Cheryl can bring the Triton down for you.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    i was there Saturday there is no ice left. the water was in the low 40's upper 30's in most places. I never turned a fish I did however snag a shad. the lower lake is clear the forecast is for snow and ice and freezing rain this saturday night through monday.Oklahoma weather forecast, current conditions, watches & warning - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |
    Damn....that forecast should really help the fishing.

10. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Warming later in the week just in time for us to wack'em!! You bunch of girls will be fine!!!! I hope the cold weather doesn't cause Steve's stitches to fall out. I'd hate to have to put him back together with braid........

11. Member
    it was in the 50-70's last week and the water was in the low 40's upper 30's, with this forecast it will not warm up, when the classic was her at least it was in the upper 40's low 50's, if we can get there it will be a slugfest in the river . i did find some 49.7 degree water but only shad were there no bass

12. Member
    Clyde I would although there are two things stopping me.

1. I don't like more payments

2. The color red has never been nice to me...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Ranger 521 svx
    2006 Evinrude Etec E225DHLSDF #05135216

(Dads)
    1995 Champion 202
    1997 Johnson Venom 200STLEUB SN# G04338914 Built 4/97