Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duck48 View Post
    Congrats ,Kubota, on your retirement and the new 'hawk! By the way--- i went to Beech Lake awhile ago to pick up some parts......there's a fresh load of War Eagle trailers on the yard. I know one of them is mine (didn't go back in and ask) because i ordered a swing away and extended guides.....i'd bet good money your trailer is on that stack too. Ready to see both our boats!!!! (hurrry up & wait, right?)
    We three might have to start a War Eagles owners clubI think we are the only three here who have them or soon will.
    14' Alumacraft Green machine.
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    24V. 75# Motorguide (tiller)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

2. Member
    Bassbully you may be right. Hard to find many postings on them Eagles. Duck48 I hope one of them trailers is mine, I ordered a swing-away tongue too. Just got my SpyderLocks in today. Hope I don't go broke before boat gets here !!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    Just out of curiosity what does a basic 961 w a 150 merc ball park at? 24v tm and basic locators?
    War Eagle 961 Tomahawk
    Evinrude Etec 150hp w/ Hydraulic Steering
    Haul-Rite Heavy Duty Trailer
    $25,000.00 is what I was just quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_3272 View Post
    War Eagle 961 Tomahawk
    Evinrude Etec 150hp w/ Hydraulic Steering
    Haul-Rite Heavy Duty Trailer
    $25,000.00 is what I was just quoted.
    Going to be a sweet rig. Those haul rite trailers are tanks. Mine is galvanized as are the rims with break a way.They may not be purity but should last forever.
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

5. Member
    That sounds about right......then the real fun starts! Trolling motors, electronics, etc.......and the "lil gadgets" (pro trim, jackplates, etc). Fun but EXPENSIVE! Kubota....i'm struggling with pre-boat expeditures too. Aint it cool?

6. Member
    Bass- guarantee ya we are far from the only 3. This part of the world is FULL of War Eagle boats. I guess i can't blame those boys for not being on a bass boat forum much.......but i guarantee ya if you journey to west tennessee you won't make it far down the road before you see one.

Quote Originally Posted by duck48 View Post
    Bass- guarantee ya we are far from the only 3. This part of the world is FULL of War Eagle boats. I guess i can't blame those boys for not being on a bass boat forum much.......but i guarantee ya if you journey to west tennessee you won't make it far down the road before you see one.
    Cool to know. In my parts not so much in the way of WE. When will you get to pick up your boat and what are you rigging it with?
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

8. Member
    Bassbully, you have a fine rig too, you don't have to worry about paint chipping or rust spots on your trailer. I started out with a 1444 Polarcraft with 35 johnson in my younger days and have been out in some rough stuff and have put a load of fish and ducks in it. So guess what i am trying to say is it don't matter if you got the the cheapest rig or the baddest rig out there. Its what you got in the live well when you load her up thats makes the difference. Them fish don't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kubota57 View Post
    Bassbully, you have a fine rig too, you don't have to worry about paint chipping or rust spots on your trailer. I started out with a 1444 Polarcraft with 35 johnson in my younger days and have been out in some rough stuff and have put a load of fish and ducks in it. So guess what i am trying to say is it don't matter if you got the the cheapest rig or the baddest rig out there. Its what you got in the live well when you load her up thats makes the difference. Them fish don't know the difference.
    I agree. I would of like another foot of boat but it is what it is.I have a few simple things to do to my rig like replace a light plug in, add some wire ties and secure a few transducer leads but she is ready pretty much. We had thunderstorms and rain today with temps in the low 50's so spring is coming..I pray.
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

10. Member
    Kubota- i ooked at the Blackhawk at ACS yesterday. I was VERY impressed with their new store- man it's nice! Did you see the 2170 in the showroom? Man what a hog!

11. Member
    Yes I did, it is a nice place over there. I believe they will do good in that area.

12. Member
    I currently own a 2013 961 Blackhawk side console with a Yamaha F115. and love it.
    Before that I had a War eagle 860 center console with an 80jet.
    Before that I had a War eagle 648 side console with a 60jet.
    The Blackhawk is by far the most competent on large water ( Erie, Ontario, Oneida, Champlain, St Lawrence River)
    I have installed and modified just about everything you can think of on these boats,(except Minkota Talon) so to the new owners don't hesitate to shoot me an email. I'll be happy to help if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Njswampman View Post
    I currently own a 2013 961 Blackhawk side console with a Yamaha F115. and love it.
    The Blackhawk is by far the most competent on large water ( Erie, Ontario, Oneida, Champlain, St Lawrence River)
    I have installed and modified just about everything you can think of on these boats,(except Minkota Talon) so to the new owners don't hesitate to shoot me an email. I'll be happy to help if I can.
    Cool War Eagle owner #4 and a Yankee like me I have the 648 LDSV with 50 Yammy 4 stroke. Those Blackhawks are really something. Can you post a pic of the rig?
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

14. Banned
    supposed to ask "before" you buy!

15. Member
    Here it is getting my complimentary boat wash courtesy of the State of NY.
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Banned
    flat bottom boat, "competent" on one of the Great Lakes!? .....................

Very nice. How is it rigged and what mods have you done to it or other WE you have owned?
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

What size jack plate is that? Nice looking boat.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. Member
    Come on dude… What I said is “the most competent” in the context of the other war eagle boats I’ve owned and had on those waters.

Currently it is set up with a HDS 8 and 5 with structure scan. The HSD 5 is mounted in the console and the 8 is on the bow. Trolling motor is a MinKota Terrova 80LB, with AGM batteries and 3 Bank pro charger mounted under the front deck. I modified the rod locker to hold rods up to 8.5’ and added a lifting strut to hold the door open.
    The jack plate is from Bob’s machine shop and it’s the 4” Flats Jack model. console.JPG

Come on dude… What I said is “the most competent” in the context of the other war eagle boats I’ve owned and had on those waters.

Currently it is set up with a HDS 8 and 5 with structure scan. The HSD 5 is mounted in the console and the 8 is on the bow. Trolling motor is a MinKota Terrova 80LB, with AGM batteries and 3 Bank pro charger mounted under the front deck. I modified the rod locker to hold rods up to 8.5’ and added a lifting strut to hold the door open.
    The jack plate is from Bob’s machine shop and it’s the 4” Flats Jack model. console.JPG
    Are you running 8ga. or 6 ga. wire? I could not get 6ga to go in the wire channel to the rear of my boat. MK says 8ga is fine for the short run I made with 50amp breaker. You also have the batteries under your deck is this to even out the load? I have no way of doing this so all three are in the back of mine.
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast