Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Completed my Astro F-20

Well i have finally finished my project, 1997 Astro F-20, 2007 225 ProXS...Everything on this boat has been replaced...all the way down to the wires on the trailer..( i do have a deck extension that i had made, not in the boat yet) I am excited to get back on the water, I took to the lake and tested everything, the last piece was my Hydromotive 27P prop i was waiting on, and let me just say this boat is crazy on the hole shot, and mid, sucks you back in the seat.... i will have to have a " LOT " more seat time, do get some idea on top end. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Awesome F20 Mike That's a fast hull...
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

Nice work
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

4. Member
    Awesome F-20!! You are a lucky man to have that boat. Best fishing platform on the planet.
    99' Allison XB2003 / 280+JSRE Merc

5. Member
    Thank you guys, and yes Allixb, it is probably the best fishing platform i ever have fished out of, I have fished and owned a lot of different boats, and this boat is my favorite, and this boat will flat move also. I took the Astro stickers off just so people would ask what kind of boat it is and when i tell them it is an Astro, they are " what? "...lol

6. Member
    Mike, It would be fun to hang my JSRE 280 on your F-20 and see what she would do.
    99' Allison XB2003 / 280+JSRE Merc

7. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Oh lord Allixb - i just realized you're running that 280 on a XB2003!!!!!!!!

I always wanted a XB2003. They are very cool boats. I was looking at the XB2003's and Gamblers a few years back and came across this 2200 and had to pull the trigger. I am trying to talk a buddy of mine into looking at the XB2003 for his next boat.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

Sharp ASTRO. I struggled with placing the billboard stickers back on or leaving them off. I put mine back on because the boat just didn't look right. Yours looks nice without them.

9. Member
    nice nice nice F20 astro boat looks good man my favorite bass boat and color and debaged at that my 99 pro-craft is debaged people are always asking we don't need any stinking badges nice is nice that's all there is to it great rig man let us know the #s after ya get some seat time in with that combo most 250s are gittin passed

10. Member
    Awesome F20!!!! you wouldn't happen to have the capacity plate in your F20 would you?

11. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    That is a stunning looking boat! way to go! what sort of material did you build th deck insert out of? can you share some pictures? thanks!
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

12. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Beautiful!!

Nice Astro.... Always good to see these boats being restored and given some TLC....

14. Member
    Hello to all, Thanks for the compliments..Okay been away for a bit....number wise, running a 26 Hydro prop, 12" Atlas, I have a torquemaster LU( 1.75 ) I can get 77-78 pretty easy, got to drive this boat though ( tourney load-myself ), @ 56-5800 rpm's there is a "LOT " left, this rig, wants/needs this motor higher than i can get at this time..loose too much water pressure when i try and get it where it likes it, will try and get the plugs from European marine to plug the top 4 water holes...and see what that does and if i can get it high enough with out loosing the pressure. The only other option would be to get my hands on sporty LU and run with that....Other than that, holeshot is " GREAT "...really pleased with this boat been fishing quite a bit.

Carter-Jimmy-I messaged you back about the capacity plate, for the life of me i dont remember but will look...

John 91, the deck extension is made from Aluminum, I had a fab shop make it up for me, I can take some pics for ya, if you want to make one as well..

15. Member
    Awesome rig.

16. Member
    You did a great job, looks sweet. I really like my 97 super pro.

17. Member
    One of the most under rated 20' bassboat a ever built as far as speed, ride, fishability, build quality, and looks. I've had 3 and bought my original back. I've owned, Allisons, bullets, strokers, and many other boats and this one is my favorite.

18. Member
    great ASTRO nice work

19. Member
    That boat should run low 80's with that lower unit. Add a cone or sporty and it should do mid 80's. And yes you do have to drive it but once you learn it, you can drive with one hand and your eyes closed. Lol

20. Member
    Did an awsome job..she is sexy..is there a difference between the f20 and 98 super pro 200?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast