Best spinning reel for around $100

Looking into updating all of my reels. What spinning reel would you say is the best bang for your buck around the $100 price point?
    Last edited by Bfarrington17; 02-06-2014 at 08:41 PM.

2. Member
    Symetre FL, or a used Stradic FJ if you can find one.

Here you go, same exact post on page 3 from last week: http://www.bbcboards.net/rods-reels/...ning-reel.html

I've recently found the Mitchell Advocet. I like it a lot. Oh. Its like $50.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

5. Member
    Pfluger President

6. Member
    For freshwater, I like the pflueger supreme.

7. Member
    symetre

8. Member
    Second the President. IMO best real for the money. Around $60 or so

The Terminator of spinning reels ... the Daiwa SS Tournament series. Same design since the late 80's. No bells, whistles, exotic materials, infinite anti reverse, etc. Built like a tank, one of the best drags period. All sting, no bling

Ranting incoherently

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    The Terminator of spinning reels ... the Daiwa SS Tournament series. Same design since the late 80's. No bells, whistles, exotic materials, infinite anti reverse, etc. Built like a tank, one of the best drags period. All sting, no bling

I always wanted one. Now I have a 1600 that stays in Florida for when I visit, and a 1300 for locally. I think they have some bling.

11. Member
    Hi Bfarrington17,

I think the best bang for the buck is the Daiwa Lexa. It has a metal body with the air bail and 5 bearing system. It will run you $120 but a good buy. The Daiwa SS Tournament is a heck of a reel but handle one before you buy. I know they are a good reel but I don't like them even a little bit in hand.

Frank

Daiwa Lexa

12. Member
    I agree with Tarheel. I have 3 of the Avocet II reels. Not a bad reel for under $40

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    I always wanted one. Now I have a 1600 that stays in Florida for when I visit, and a 1300 for locally. I think they have some bling.
    One think I never liked with the Daiwa Whisker reels is the anti backlash on these...........too much backplay

Love my Symetre(s)

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
    Hi Bfarrington17,

I think the best bang for the buck is the Daiwa Lexa. It has a metal body with the air bail and 5 bearing system. It will run you $120 but a good buy. The Daiwa SS Tournament is a heck of a reel but handle one before you buy. I know they are a good reel but I don't like them even a little bit in hand.

Frank

Daiwa Lexa
    I haven't fished mine yet, but it feels very nice. These are available online from wally world for $93 right now for the 2500 and smaller. I probably would have gone with a Symetre if they kept the aluminum body, but since they didn't and the lexa has it I went with the lexa.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfarrington17 View Post
    Looking into updating all of my reels. What spinning reel would you say is the best bang for your buck around the $100 price point?
    Take a look at the Abu Garcia Orra SX. These reels come in five different sizes to choose from. These come with nine bearings and two spools, one for braid and one for mono/fluoro. The reels have a nice and smooth drag system. Abu Garcia