Thread: Mercury Help

Mercury Help

Hey guys I have 2004 Mercury 3.0L EFI and I am having trouble with it firing on only 5 cylinders at times. I have checked out everything in the VST and all the fuel lines are good. Checked the plugs with a timing light and all seem to be doing well. Also replaced the camshaft position sensor which helped the original problem which was it was hard to start and would stall and flood along with running extremely rough below 3000 RPM's and very rich as well. My current problem is it seems to be running fine at idle and mid range operation and if I put it to the floor and dont let out of it she runs WOT on 6 cylinders fine but if I back off to 4000 RPM's or so and stomp on it again im only firing on 5 I believe and only getting 5000 RPM's out of it. However if I come off pad floor it again it fires on 6 until I back off again and then the same problem happens. I have run an ohms test on all sensors but the TPS and there are no audible alarms going off. I feel like it may be a bad connection somewhere in the wiring as it is a bit of an intermittent problem...... Any Ideas?

Mercury Motors

Post here Don will be along to help in the morning.

Post this over on the mercury boards. Don will help you with your problem.

4. Im wishin I was fishin
    1+ on don in the merc fourm. He will want your motors serial#, If you put that up for him it will save you a step.

welcome to the BBC, and WDE

oh yea!!! Don is the MAN
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

6. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwabirds View Post
    Post this over on the mercury boards. Don will help you with your problem.
    don is da man on merc's

( im guessing a bad stator, btw but thats a guess )