Lews BB1 Pro VS Shimano Chronarch 50e

Deciding to switch out all of my reels and can't choose between the two. Both are in the same price range but what one do you think is a better bang for my buck?

I own multiples of both. And personally I'd go with lews. Nicer handle, smooth as any reel out, great caster.. Your shimano only guys will be along soon to try and sway you. I'd check them out and see which one fits you the most. Lews for my money!

3. Banned
    Been a Shimano man for around 20 yrsand I say.........Lews BB1 Pro!
    own 2, and plan on owning more soon.
    i don't even own a Shimano reel right now.
    all Revo Premier gen 2's and Lews BB1 Pros, a 5.1 BB1 ( along with a few discontinued BPS gold Carbonlites)

4. Member
    Thanks for the response! My friend is a Shimano guy and he's trying to get me to try one out but seem to be leaning twards the Bb1. Seems to be a pretty hot product on the market right now!

5. Member
    Man I was a shimano guy and I had everything from curado e series reels to jdm scorpions and now all I use is Lew's. There's a reason a lot of people are switching over!

6. Member
    Two different reels really. Frame size and line capacity should be taken into consideration. I know Lews has a strong followingbut the Shimano is going to last you a long time. I would go that route granted the reel fits your needs. The CH is built in Japan, the Lews is built in Korea. Some won't care, but the Lews is a cookie cutter version of many reels. Runor also has it that there may be some decent discounts on the CH.

7. Member
    I can't speak for a Lews because I've never owned one. I do know their reviews are good but my only question would be if they hold up for the same years Shimanos do. I have several older shimanos including two 51e. Mine are smooth as glass but I keep them very clean and fresh. Also added bocas and Avail spool. I guess to each is his own so good luck either way you go
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...Phil 4:13

8. Member
    I'm a shimano guy too.
    I say go with the Lew's. Its a more versatile reel than the 50e.
    You have more gear ratio choices. It will handle a wide range of lures better.
    It will cast great out of the box. Retrieving will be super smooth.
    Yes, it is a cookie cutter reel but that means parts are easy to get and unchangeable with other reels.
    In my opinion, shimanos take work to get them to perform as good as a Lew's.
    I have had both reels and I think the Lew's is a better reel than the 50e.

Lews is taking over. I made the switch last year and have no regrets. Try one, you'll be glad you did.

10. Banned
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 02-04-2014 at 10:02 AM.

11. Member
    I sold my curado 200e7 & chronarch 200e5 in favor of the bb1 pro & tourney pro 5.4. Haven't looked back since

12. Member
    also, even though the shimanos have been around longer, look in the for sale section and check the history. How many bb1 pros have u seen pop up in the for sale section? That'll help explain some things