Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    The 10 ft talon is impressive in that it is not any higher than the outboard yet anchors to that depth.

If you like the Talon , you should send a thank you to Power Pole , the people with the brains to invent such a neat fishing tool.

Set a bottle on top of the remote in a cup holder. Couple of waves and a pair of deployed PPs at wot. No big deal.

But I dang sure knew it. Could not imagine running and not knowing they were deployed. It rather obvious. Kinda like a trailer left on the boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Does anyone have any experience with their PPs vs. Talons getting stuck in the bottom and not coming back up? I saw Skeet Reese have to get in the lake to get one of his poles un-stuck one time.

5. Member
    From experience in other guys boats with talons...I can honestly say the Power Poles hold much better in the water we fish. River current being a factor. And if you dig in the archives on here...you will find very few problems with PP as opposed to talons. Just what I've noticed anyway.
    2009 Z8 -2013 250 PRO XS-Dual 10' Power Pole Blades-Humminbird 1198,1197,998-MG 109-

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panteraII View Post
    Does anyone know if pp is going to try to match or one up the mk 12 footer?
    From what I'm told yes, but it's a little ways off. I made sure to ask powerpole when I ordered my 10 foot blades, that way I knew I had the biggest available for a while.
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Thomas View Post
    From experience in other guys boats with talons...I can honestly say the Power Poles hold much better in the water we fish. River current being a factor. And if you dig in the archives on here...you will find very few problems with PP as opposed to talons. Just what I've noticed anyway.
    The older talon models did have their issues but the latest gen including the 10 and 12 foot models have eliminated most of those.

8. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trith72 View Post
    The older talon models did have their issues but the latest gen including the 10 and 12 foot models have eliminated most of those.
    There's also Soft Bottom Mode that don't pound the spike in as hard.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

9. Rail Dawg
    My boat is a camo'ed Xpress and it appears the Talon is the only one that you can get with camo paint? The power poles are cool but maybe they would look too blingy on a swamp/bay boat?

Sure like the fact you can get a 12'... in the swamps that's very helpful.

Lots of good opinions here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345