What would you do? Z-8 Question

I have a 2012 Z-8 with a 250 pro XS with a slidemaster 10 inch jack plate. I have dual talons and I have the boat setup pretty much the way I like it. A friend of mine just purchased an Atlas 10 in hydraulic plate for his skeeter for a good price but has decided to get a different boat and sell his skeeter instead. My question is should I get the atlas plate from him and will I see a big difference in performance. What would you do?

2. Member
    A hydro plate makes it easier to set a boat up. Plus you can get in some really shallow water without having to trim all the way up.

grab it, you won't be disappointed,

I have one on my 901 and swear I will never have a boat without one, soo beautiful for soo many things, best purpose is for driving out of real shallow water, and of course the obvious, never having to mess around with wrenches just to find your optimal adjustment. fine tuning on the fly just became a normal part of driving.

cheers...

Get it. Love my atlas
    2021 Nitro Z21/300 4 stroke

5. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_todd View Post
    I have a 2012 Z-8 with a 250 pro XS with a slidemaster 10 inch jack plate. I have dual talons and I have the boat setup pretty much the way I like it. A friend of mine just purchased an Atlas 10 in hydraulic plate for his skeeter for a good price but has decided to get a different boat and sell his skeeter instead. My question is should I get the atlas plate from him and will I see a big difference in performance. What would you do?
    Get the Atlas Sir..................you will be very happy with the hydro plate over the manual....................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

I also have the Atlas and love the ability to fine tune motor height, and the option to raise it all the way up for getting in and out of skinny water. Second Atlas I've owned and never had any issues.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

Would you have to get new brackets for your talons?

Id grab it up!
    2015 Bass Cat Cougar FTD Mercury 250 PRO XS
    Blevins Tuning
    S&S Marine

Its nice, one thing I do not like about the atlas is the guide rod's. They can drag in the water at slow speeds, or in tight turns on a Nitro. I had Bass pro re mount my engine lower so I could raise the plate enough get those rods out from below the plate at slower speeds. Also the bottom of the plate is not flat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team