Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    The locks that I have used in the past are the metal T handle ones that Perko makes. They are high, but they look and work great. As you will see when you remove the others, there are different arms on them. Make sure you keep up with what length and shape arms go where, even if you are putting new ones on...

Quote Originally Posted by DJacobs1973 View Post
    For your carpet choice, I highly reccommend using Bass Cat's website for carpet...here's the link High Quality 24 oz. Exterior Carpet
    I chose the "ASH" color for my 1997 Bumble Bee and it turned out great!!! It's a high quality 24oz. carpet that cuts fairly well...
    Their carpet came highly reccommended by several marine shops around my area...Good Luck and dont forget boat stands for "Bring On Another Thousand"!!!
    Attachment 87164
    Thanks...that's what Ive been wanting to go with...the 24oz Ash...did you have any problems with lids being too tight??? Mine also has the factory padded front deck...Im going back padded for sure! I really like the ash color...it is the closest to my current color...but since stripping mine down, we found that the charcoal gray had been the original color....they had dyed the carpet on decks and floor almost black and now are fadded a bit, looking like a color we could not find anywhere...once we took the latches off, you could see the charcoal gray under imprint of latch....plus my bunks had the same color in them...who woulda though??

3. Member
    Great choice to rebuild the bee. Purchased a 2001 2100 super vee last spring in guntersville . Love it. Have you had any trouble finding any replacement lighting on inside of boat not compartments? Project looks good . Keep us posted. Ha witch doctor holler at me sometime.

4. Member
    Great choice to rebuild the bee. Purchase a 2001 2100 super vee last spring in guntersville last spring. Love it. Have you had any trouble finding any replacement lighting on inside of boat not compartments? Project looks good . Keep us posted. Ha witch doctor holler at me sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee 1001 View Post
    Great choice to rebuild the bee. Purchase a 2001 2100 super vee last spring in guntersville last spring. Love it. Have you had any trouble finding any replacement lighting on inside of boat not compartments? Project looks good . Keep us posted. Ha witch doctor holler at me sometime.
    Ive been using some strip style LED's from Autozone where they are unseen and some screw on hard LED's where you can see the light when hatch is open...the long oval courtesy lights are still available...I will try and find out where I got them and get back to you

Last edited by KILL3R BEE; 01-16-2014 at 07:45 PM.

7. Member
    Thanks kill3r bee . I will order 2 today. Also I would like to install t/m tray but looking at your pics cutting the two main floor stringers is pretty scary. What is the fiberglass section shown in pics? Was the top of deck under carpet painted also?

Thanks kill3r bee . I will order 2 today. Also I would like to install t/m tray but looking at your pics cutting the two main floor stringers is pretty scary. What is the fiberglass section shown in pics? Was the top of deck under carpet painted also?
    yes...it is gelcoat under carpeted area...I haven't seen the rest of the deck yet...its still at the shop....yea, it was scary cutting into deck stringers....use a skillsaw for long straight cuts, a handsaw or sawzall to finish cutting floor stringers and finish off corners with jigsaw....the vertical bunk boards go all the way up to deck, so there is still plenty of support for the deck

Don't mean to butt in, but I just cut the deck on my 92 ProVee 200 for a t/m tray. I only had to cut a section out between the braces. Hopefully you can see in the photos. The surface of my front deck was gel, same as the outside of the boat.
    troll1.jpgtroll2.jpgtroll3.jpgtroll4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by alabamaphoenix View Post
    Don't mean to butt in, but I just cut the deck on my 92 ProVee 200 for a t/m tray. I only had to cut a section out between the braces. Hopefully you can see in the photos. The surface of my front deck was gel, same as the outside of the boat.
    troll1.jpgtroll2.jpgtroll3.jpgtroll4.jpg
    ALPhx, yours looks like it was much easier...no braces in the way....that was the hardest part of my install....what brand tray is that?

It is a Troll Well II. I think they are a board sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by alabamaphoenix View Post
    It is a Troll Well II. I think they are a board sponsor.
    you going to paint it or carpet it?

I plan on putting carpet over it. I have re-done everything except carpet on my 92 ProVee 200. I am going to start on the carpet shortly.

14. Member
    Alpha, does your bee have 2rod lockers like the 2100's do? Still would like to install one just don't like idea of cutting the 2 main stringers. The way rod locker inside walls come to top should support floor but still concerned.

Alpha, does your bee have 2rod lockers like the 2100's do? Still would like to install one just don't like idea of cutting the 2 main stringers. The way rod locker inside walls come to top should support floor but still concerned.
    In hind sight, I should have added 2 cross members to box it in ...one at front and one at rear of tray....going across from rod locker to rod locker...also attaching the 2 cut stringers...kinda like when adding a skylight to roof or skuttle hole in ceiling for attic access....headering off the rafter(in this case, a stringer)....

those stingers are not that long and end where they hit the center deck compartment....I weigh 220 and my Brother over 300...we have both been on the deck many times standing sideby side without any sagging of deck that I could tell...that's one reason I went with the welded aluminum tray instead of a plastic or fiberglass tray....

got her back yesterday from Faserglas shop....here are a couple teaser pics...I haven't received the pictures from shop during re-gel and new carpet...I will upload them when I get them...I will also try to get a few pics today if I can get it in the sun...turned out pretty good...wish the carpet would have been a bit darker like the basscat ash carpet, but Im happy with it for the most part
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    Man, she sure is looking good. Really want to see her when finished. She will make you proud for years to come and Beas 50,000 for a new one that won't catch any more fish.

Man, she sure is looking good. Really want to see her when finished. She will make you proud for years to come and Beas 50,000 for a new one that won't catch any more fish.
    thans Bee...I will put up more tonight...Still haven't received pics from glass shop during gel process, but will post when I get them....(UPDATE) shop wet sanding/buffing uploaded in previous posts
    Last edited by KILL3R BEE; 01-22-2014 at 10:54 AM.

sweet reflections!!

holes from motorguide changed over to Minnkota Fortrex...we did reuse all the old rubber thru hull spacer/anti-vibration washers and drilled new for the Fortrex...had decals removed from motor and buffed out ready for new more colorful set of decals!! You will have to wait til installed...its a surprise! also, if the SUN ever decides to stay out for minute while uncovered, I will get some better shots for sure.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast