Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2001 Bumble Bee ProSport 2100-DC 225EFI Project RENEW by KILL3R BEE

Ok...Me and my Brother have finally decided to fix up the Bee properly....He was about to pop $48k on a new Phoenix, but we have now decided to spend the money instead on new gelcoat, New seats from Llebroc, new padded carpet, a new custom cover from Aurora Canvas...maybe a couple Talons or PowerPoles if we can come up with the extra $$$....new graphics on the boat and motor cowl...maybe new black tough-coat paint or equivelant on trailer

We started stripping her down yesterday...brrrrr......After today, taking off the Humminbird 360, we should be ready to drop of at the shop this week for the new gelcoat on top cap and new carpet..then ordering the seats...should be a new looking bee and good to go for quite a few years...

we have already done the recessed trolling motor tray and completely redone the bilge and battery compartments this past fall...adding new pumps, 4 new exide gel batteries, 2 new MinnKota dual bank chargers, new bubbler air pump and lines, all new battery disconnects, new cables and hoses....plus some much needed LED lighting!...I will try to upload as many progress pics as I can. Hopefully she will turn out nice.

And, as you have noticed, I changed my I.D. from "timmernator" to "KILL3R BEE"....much better I think...I tried to get admin to change it, but got no reply
    Last edited by KILL3R BEE; 02-08-2014 at 11:45 AM.

last photos of it all together...coming home from fishin Guntersville this fall
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KILL3R BEE; 01-07-2014 at 08:54 PM.

3. Member
    Why are you re-gel coating the cap? It looks like all it needs is compounding and waxing. Believe me you will be surprised at the final results!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    Why are you re-gel coating the cap? It looks like all it needs is compounding and waxing. Believe me you will be surprised at the final results!!!!!
    it looks good on the sides, but the flats on the cap and the consoles are pretty foggy...I have already water sanded and buffed it about a year and a half ago(those 4 years of working in a bodyshop when I was young came in handy)...it turned out pretty good, but the clear gel was way too thin from the factory...it only lasted about 6 months or so and fogged right back to where I started...its beyond buffing...its down to metalflake in some spots....the pictures make it look a lot better than it really is...it has a bunch of furniture polish on it for the fishin trip.
    Last edited by KILL3R BEE; 01-07-2014 at 08:56 PM.

ok..heres the bilge>>>
    Last edited by KILL3R BEE; 01-07-2014 at 09:39 PM.

couple more...starting bilge prep...cleaned and sanded...filled all holes with marine epoxy...ready for paint
    Last edited by KILL3R BEE; 01-07-2014 at 10:03 PM.

heres the recessed trolling motor tray going in...had to cut longways thru 2 deck support stringers (scary!) but didn't seem t weaken it at all...the 2 rod locker panels came all the way to top deck and were glassed in...once tray was in, it was solid as a rock.

here it is installed

here she is stripped down...this also shows the color carpet I'm looking for...anyone have any ideas??? Might go black...but really want a dark charcoal color carpet

10. Member
    Make sure you seal the bare wood on the trolling well cutout (with epoxy)!!!
    Last edited by baywatch; 01-08-2014 at 04:26 AM.

11. Member
    You don't want black. It is hot, and shows EVERYTHING. I put charcoal in my last one, and it looked great. Looks like you got a good start on it!

Quote Originally Posted by THE WITCHDOCTOR View Post
    You don't want black. It is hot, and shows EVERYTHING. I put charcoal in my last one, and it looked great. Looks like you got a good start on it!
    do you have any pictures showing your charcoal carpet that you can upload?

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    Make sure you seal the bare wood on the trolling well cutout (with epoxy)!!!
    thanks...We had planned on glassing the bare edges before the carpet went in...but thanks for the reminder!

14. Member
    Let me see if I can find one..

Quote Originally Posted by THE WITCHDOCTOR View Post
    Let me see if I can find one..
    have you ever used syntec carpet from basscat boats...seems that's what everyone is recommending....the ash color or charcoal....but seems all I can find is 24oz....not 20oz(they do make 20oz) and cant find the 1/4" pad either
    High Quality 24 oz. Exterior Carpet

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KILL3R BEE View Post
    have you ever used syntec carpet from basscat boats...seems that's what everyone is recommending....the ash color or charcoal....but seems all I can find is 24oz....not 20oz(they do make 20oz) and cant find the 1/4" pad either
    High Quality 24 oz. Exterior Carpet
    The Charcoal Gray carpet is what I used in he 290 rebuild.

17. Member
    Bought mine from boatcarpet.com I think. It came out of Dalton Ga. Still hunting for pics lol...

anyone have any idea of which latches will replace the ones on my 2100?? Mine, that came out have a flat spot on each side...so the hole in lid is not completely round...it has 2 flat side to keep latch from turning...I believe they are perkos....im wanting to change them out to the new t-style handle...any ideas?? will I have to make the holes round??

went to the shop today to see progress....they had sprayed it yesterday....water sanding today when we showed up...he buffed a couple spots to show the shine...boy did it pop now...made the choice on some carpet...it will be coming from Bullet I think?...20oz. dark charcoal, with 1/4" pad on front deck and maybe rear deck too...
    Last edited by KILL3R BEE; 01-22-2014 at 10:52 AM.

For your carpet choice, I highly reccommend using Bass Cat's website for carpet...here's the link High Quality 24 oz. Exterior Carpet
    I chose the "ASH" color for my 1997 Bumble Bee and it turned out great!!! It's a high quality 24oz. carpet that cuts fairly well...
    Their carpet came highly reccommended by several marine shops around my area...Good Luck and dont forget boat stands for "Bring On Another Thousand"!!!
    photo.jpg

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast