Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Daiwa Product Questions

2. Member
    Where can you find after market handles for daiwa reels? I have a bunch of old tds reels and want to update the handles

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ringgoldranger View Post
    Where can you find after market handles for daiwa reels? I have a bunch of old tds reels and want to update the handles
    Give Gary or Brian a call at The Tackle Trap. They have many options. BBC members get a 10% discount as well.
    Handles

4. Member
    Here is a question a lot of folks are trying to figure out. What is the differance between the 7'1 and 7'2 regular action Tatula rods? On paper they look the same other than the extra inch. Are the blank diameters different in any section of the blank?

Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    Here is a question a lot of folks are trying to figure out. What is the differance between the 7'1 and 7'2 regular action Tatula rods? On paper they look the same other than the extra inch. Are the blank diameters different in any section of the blank?

After the New Year I call and ask the design guys. Will post answer. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    Difference should be handle lengths. I believe on is shorter than other. The 701MLRB also has 2 models. One has the regular split grip and the other has a shorter full grip so as not to get caught on clothes etc when working topwaters etc.

7. Member
    Any word on why the 5.4 ratio Tatula is NOT offered in a lefty? I would think that would be a good replacement for the 4.9 Zillion at a cheaper price point.
    Last edited by JordanC; 12-30-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    2023 Phoenix 819 Pro
    2023 Mercury 200 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by JordanC View Post
    Any word on why the 5.4 ratio Tatula is NOT offered in a lefty? I would think that would be a good replacement for the 4.9 Zillion at a cheaper price point.
    After the New Year I will get with them and ask. Will post answer. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanC View Post
    Daiwa advised me that based on actual sales and research the demand simply is not there to justify the manufacture of them at this time. Best thing to do is email them and let them know you would be a customer that would consider one. If anything changes I will make the announcement. Thanks

I would like some input on what techniques certain Daiwa reels are good for. I'm trying to understand their lineup of reels. Everywhere I read, it seems as if they all are geared towards finesse presentations. What would be the ideal Daiwa reel for the following presentations?

texas rigs with 1/8-1/4 oz bullet weights
    punching mats

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin81 View Post
    I would like some input on what techniques certain Daiwa reels are good for. I'm trying to understand their lineup of reels. Everywhere I read, it seems as if they all are geared towards finesse presentations. What would be the ideal Daiwa reel for the following presentations?

texas rigs with 1/8-1/4 oz bullet weights
    punching mats
    Any in the Tatula frame style will work...so the Tatula 100, Tatula Type-R and Zillion TWS. I currently have 4 Zillion TWS and they work awesome for anything from 1/8-1 oz.

I have a question about the morethan pe sv.How does this reel work with mono line,it says it was designed for brade.Anyone have experience with this issue.

13. Member
    Look for some tatula type r parts. any one know where to get these ??

pinion gear j00-9801 drive gear j00-9901

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    I have a question about the morethan pe sv.How does this reel work with mono line,it says it was designed for brade.Anyone have experience with this issue.
    I have one...you can use any type of line on it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    I have one...you can use any type of line on it.
    Approximately how many yards of 12lb Fluoro/Mono will it hold ?

16. Member
    Does anyone know if the Tatula glass crankbait rod 7ft 2" medium heavy has the same action as the XT 7ft model. I know the XT has cheaper parts but is 50.00 dollars less, just curios if action and weight are about the same.

17. Member
    I'm going to get a demo Steez rod of my choice. Going with a casting rod, just not sure which one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

18. Member
    Can someone educate me on the Daiwa Pixy? Do the different colors mean anything? Are some colors more desirable than others? Thanks!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamarico View Post
    Can someone educate me on the Daiwa Pixy? Do the different colors mean anything? Are some colors more desirable than others? Thanks!

Yellow
    silver
    red
    orange

all the same ,but red doesn't have the stamped handle..slight differences in spools,but cast the same(silver,black)
    px68.....JDM version
    type R.....US VERSION
    same reel

SPR PIXY( Small plug revolution)
    ultra finesse reel

ive got every reel mention plus doubles of some and they are a SWEET reel
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast