Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrap View Post
    Thinking of getting one of the New Tatula 100 type-r baitcaster reels. Can I get some feed back on this reel. I've been hooked on the speed spool
    Its hard for me to put my Type Rs down. Love both models.

2. Member
    I have a 7'4" steez xbd and I'm wondering if the 7'4" steez they are calling a swimbait rod has the same action? I was hoping for a softer tip. Anybody know?

3. Member
    REGARDING TATULA DROPSHOT SPINNING ROD TAT6111MLXS

i was at my local tackle shop and checked out the new tatula dropshot rods...man, they felt great in my hand. i was shocked at how thin the blank was, especially nearer the tip. upon closer examination, i can see that the last few inches of the tip are actually a different material than the rest of the rod. yet, neither the daiwa website or any of the retailers make any mention of this. at least one person has speculated that it is the same as the steez megatop tip but i want documentation on what it really is or isn't. others have said that the tip is solid and is prone to breaking...is that true?

also, tacklewarehouse says that the limited warranty is one year. daiwa's website says it is five years. which one is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by 21farms View Post
    REGARDING TATULA DROPSHOT SPINNING ROD TAT6111MLXS

i was at my local tackle shop and checked out the new tatula dropshot rods...man, they felt great in my hand. i was shocked at how thin the blank was, especially nearer the tip. upon closer examination, i can see that the last few inches of the tip are actually a different material than the rest of the rod. yet, neither the daiwa website or any of the retailers make any mention of this. at least one person has speculated that it is the same as the steez megatop tip but i want documentation on what it really is or isn't. others have said that the tip is solid and is prone to breaking...is that true?

also, tacklewarehouse says that the limited warranty is one year. daiwa's website says it is five years. which one is correct?
    The warranty is 5 years. Go with the info on Daiwa site. I will check on the rest.

5. Member
    hi mark, no need to check on the tatula DS rods tip for me anymore...i bought one a few weeks back and i think i now know why daiwa seems so secretive about it: because it would steal sales away from the $500 steez SPX rods which features a similar if not identical tip. i think the tatula DS rod offers 90% of the steez SPX's feel and performance at less than 1/3 the price...definitely a "poor man's steez".

after fishing the tatula DS, i proceeded to order two of the tatula flipping sticks. man, am i impressed with those too. whispy light at only 4.3 ounces, this for a 7'6" heavy-powered rod and they feel great. i liked those so much, i just placed another order for two more tatula rods...now i have a 7' medium-light shallow cranking rod and a 7'2" medium-heavy/extra fast spinning rod on the way.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritonman77 View Post
    Iv got one in stock shoot me a message..
    I have one, they are a dream to cast with. Mine is a 8:1 speed

7. Member
    I have a brand new px type r and notice when im casting and when i turn the handle slowly the thumb bar doesnt pop up all the time. When i crank it fast the thumb bar returns normally. Is this normal?
    2013 Crestliner VT17
    Honda BF75
    Minn Kota Terrova I-pilot link
    Hummindird 998c si

8. Member
    Bump

Keven
    97 Gambler 209 TE
    Mercury Pro Max 200
    10\" Gambler Jack Plate

9. Member
    I just sold all my Shimano equipment, rods and reels, switching over to all Daiwa...I ordered a bunch of Tatula's, T3 Ballistic XS, Pixy Type R, and a Aegis 2506h spinning reel...All reels paired up with various Tatula Rods...I couldn't be happier with the switch, I love my new Daiwa products...

10. Member
    I have both the Lexa and Tatula reels...I happen to like the knobs on my Lexa better. Where can I get these knobs to swap out on my Tatula reels. Can this be done or do I need to get the complete handle to swap?

11. Member
    Not sure this is the right Forum.....I found a Daiwa Tournament-Z Spinning reel 2500iT at a yard sale that is in almost mint condition....truly a nice reel, smooth retrieve, smooth drag...yu can tell it has been taken care of...BUT I can't seem to find any info on it...How much is it worth...???...Is it a predecessor to the Team Daiwa Tournament sries of rods & reels..???..Approximately when were they made or sold.???......Should I keep it, sell it or use it...??? .........I would appreciate any info on this reel...!!
    thanks, Buz
    Last edited by jeepster; 04-18-2015 at 02:42 PM.

12. Member
    ttt

13. Member
    ttt

I would like some input on what techniques certain Daiwa reels are good for. I'm trying to understand their lineup of reels. Everywhere I read, it seems as if they all are geared towards finesse presentations. What would be the ideal Daiwa reel for the following presentations?

texas rigs with 1/8-1/4 oz bullet weights
    punching mats

15. Member
    I have been using my Tatula to throw 1/8 ounce Keitech Little Spider jigs and it throws them without any issues...Just make sure you have it balanced out with the proper rod and line weight...

For the money, the Tatula is tough to beat...

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin81 View Post
    I would like some input on what techniques certain Daiwa reels are good for. I'm trying to understand their lineup of reels. Everywhere I read, it seems as if they all are geared towards finesse presentations. What would be the ideal Daiwa reel for the following presentations?

texas rigs with 1/8-1/4 oz bullet weights
    punching mats
    Any in the Tatula frame style will work...so the Tatula 100, Tatula Type-R and Zillion TWS. I currently have 4 Zillion TWS and they work awesome for anything from 1/8-1 oz.

17. Member
    Mark, what kind of drag grease is used on the Daiwa reels? ie. Fuego, Zillions, etc. And where can I find some?

03 ZX225/225HPDI

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBucky View Post
    Mark, what kind of drag grease is used on the Daiwa reels? ie. Fuego, Zillions, etc. And where can I find some?
    Drag grease is typically used on spinning reels, not so much on casting, unless you have upgraded the Drag on those & it requires it. Even some of the upgrade drag washers will not use drag grease, but they will state so with there information. The Zillion has a "wet-drag" from the factory but I do not think the fuego does.

If you still need some you can find it al over the place, e-bay, Japan Tackle & several others places that sell it.

I have a question about the morethan pe sv.How does this reel work with mono line,it says it was designed for brade.Anyone have experience with this issue.

20. Member
    Look for some tatula type r parts. any one know where to get these ??

pinion gear j00-9801 drive gear j00-9901

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast