Foot Joys-BOA Closure

I was looking at some new golf shoes for Christmas and I like the idea of the BOA closure. It looks like what I have on my wading boots where there are no laces and you turn the dial to tighten them up. Anyone have these? If so how do you like them.

Honest question.... Why would you need that on golf shoes?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assfault View Post
    Honest question.... Why would you need that on golf shoes?
    They seem to come untied a lot during the round especially on my left foot. Don't really need them but figured if I need a new pair it might be a better option than laces.

5. Member
    Why tie when you can wind? I have hiking boots with the same system. It just seems like a better way to do things.

I like to tie my shoes. I had this system when on titleist/footjoy staff. Personally, it didn't do anything for me. You still have to tighten them at the turn--no change from making a new knot.

It wouldn't really matter on a golf shoe, but they sucked on snowboard boots. They make something really simple fairly complicated that's difficult to repair if broken. I can find boot laces anywhere and replace in about a minute. Try replacing that cable.. if you can even find one. I like to tie my boots loose at the bottom and really tight up top. That was impossible with a boa system so they had to design a double boa system and I actually think they are making triple boas now.