Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Helix 2.280

Released 07-10-2020

Software Description

New Features:

Support for new HELIX Basemap Update (All HELIX GPS Models):

• All HELIX units with built-in Humminird basemaps will have their compatible basemap support updated by software update 2.280 and newer
    • As a result, all users must download and install a new basemap onto their HELIX unit
    • HELIX 9, 10, and 12 models will need to download updated HUMMINBIRD BASEMAP VERSION 1.031

Support for new CoastMaster U.S. Coastal v1.090 (601015-1) (HELIX G3/G3N Models):

• Complete coverage of the U.S. East Coast, West Coast, and Gulf Coast
    • VX Technology - Vector-accelerated graphics allow for greater contour detail Chart Presets - 3 fully customizable chart presets in order to optimize the chart appearance for fishing, navigating, or other uses
    • Depth Highlights - Highlight a shallow water area and up to 4 other depth ranges
    • Depth Color Palette - Customize the appearance of depth areas
    • Tides and Currents - Provides the time, speed, and direction of currents, and the time, height, and direction of tides

Support for new Minn Kota Raptor Shallow Water Anchor (HELIX G2N and G3N Models):

• Fully control Raptor single or dual anchor installations:
      • Deploy/Retract Raptor independently or as a dual system
      • Monitor Deploy State
      • Adjust Anchor Mode (Soft Bottom, Normal, Rough Water, and Auto-Bottom)
      • Enable or Disable Active Anchoring
      • View and control Bluetooth Device Lists
      • Share Raptor across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other HELIX units
      • Update Raptors using HELIX units

Support for Cannon Optimum (HELIX G2N and HELIX G3N Models):

• Fully control up to four Cannon Optimum or Optimum TS downriggers:
      • Control features like Line Up, Line Down, Cycle Mode, and Bottom Tracking options
      • Display downrigger and Fish Hawk™ information in data boxes and overlays
      • Adjust all downriggers settings including but not limited to Line Type, Line Up/Down Speed, and PIC Voltage values
      • View and control Bluetooth Devices Lists
      • Share Cannon Optimum downriggers across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other HELIX units

General Fixes:

SONAR

• Fixed an issue where HELIX units would continue pinging while in Standby Mode.
    • Fixed an issue where 50kHz sonar data was weaker than expected while set to Switchfire Clear Mode.
    • Fixed an issue where changing MEGA DI+ display frequency would also change the MEGA 360’s display frequency.

RADAR

• Fixed an issue where RADAR Heading Offset was not working correctly.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Ok so this is what is says but there are more than two files in that folder.
    Open this folder, highlight BOTH of the files within it, and copy/paste or drag/drop the files directly to your SD card. Do not copy the actual folder or place the files into a folder on your SD card . They must be in the root drive of the SD card in order for your unit to read them. Bird Files.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by GordF View Post
    Ok so this is what is says but there are more than two files in that folder.
    Open this folder, highlight BOTH of the files within it, and copy/paste or drag/drop the files directly to your SD card. Do not copy the actual folder or place the files into a folder on your SD card . They must be in the root drive of the SD card in order for your unit to read them. Bird Files.JPG
    Copy all of the map files so they are listed individually on the memory card. Ignore the "two"
    The original basemap installation was the same way.

When I did it back then, I just put one at a time on a memory card, loaded it, deleted it from the card and did the next one, etc.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks Wayne.
    Does the sd card have to be empty?

Thanks Wayne.
    Does the sd card have to be empty?
    No as long as it has the capacity to hold the data and is not larger than 32 GB.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The new Solix V3.750 has been posted on the Humminbird software update site. Here is the information from the Humminbird site:

Software Description

PLEASE NOTE:

• Software version 3.500 or greater must be installed prior to 3.640.
    • 3.500 is part of this zipped file. Once you unzip the file, you will need to follow these INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO UPDATE TO V. 3.500 BEFORE updating to 3.640, below.
    • SOLIX G2 models are not compatible with ONIX models.
    • No damage will occur if 3.500 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    • Once 3.750 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.750.
    • You will not be able to recover back to previous software versions.
    • The defaults will be restored when 3.750 is installed.

Affected Models:

• 411050-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411040-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    • 411030-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411020-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    • 411010-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411000-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    • 410420-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410410-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP GPS
    • 410400-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410390-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP GPS
    • 410490-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410470-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP GPS

Updated Features:

Quick Standby Mode (All SOLIX):

• Quickly double pressing the Power Key now puts the unit into Standby Mode
    • Single pressing the power key wakes the display and sonar back up

Support for new CoastMaster U.S. Coastal v1.090 (601015-1) (All SOLIX):

• Complete coverage of the U.S. East Coast, West Coast, and Gulf Coast
    • VX Technology - Vector-accelerated graphics allow for greater contour detail Chart Presets - 3 fully customizable chart presets in order to optimize the chart appearance for fishing, navigating, or other uses
    • Depth Highlights - Highlight a shallow water area and up to 4 other depth ranges
    • Depth Color Palette - Customize the appearance of depth areas
    • Tides and Currents - Provides the time, speed, and direction of currents, and the time, height, and direction of tides

Support for new Minn Kota Raptor Shallow Water Anchor (All SOLIX):

• Fully control Raptor single or dual anchor installations:
      • Deploy/Retract Raptor independently or as a dual system
      • Monitor Deploy State
      • Adjust Anchor Mode (Soft Bottom, Normal, Rough Water, and Auto-Bottom)
      • Enable or Disable Active Anchoring
      • View and control Bluetooth Device Lists
      • Share Raptor across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other SOLIX units
      • Update Raptors using SOLIX units

SOFTWARE-SOLIX-3750-RAPTOR.PNG

Support for Cannon Optimum (All SOLIX):

• Fully control up to four Cannon Optimum or Optimum TS downriggers:
      • Control features like Line Up, Line Down, Cycle Mode, and Bottom Tracking options
      • Display downrigger and Fish Hawk™ information in data boxes and overlays
      • Adjust all downriggers settings including but not limited to Line Type, Line Up/Down Speed, and PIC Voltage values
      • View and control Bluetooth Devices Lists
      • Share Cannon Optimum downriggers across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other SOLIX units

SOFTWARE-SOLIX-3750-CANNON.PNG

General Fixes:

Chart:

• Fixed an issue where Contour Line Depth Labels were not appearing by default when using a ChartSelect or Lakemaster Plus card with an included Aerial base layer.
    • Fixed an issue where black boxes could appear on the Lakemaster Chart at various zoom levels.
    • Fixed an issue where the chart zoom level would constantly return to the 0.50mi or 0.25mi scale level while using Navionics and changing panes and/or views.
    • Fixed an issue where the chart would zoom out constantly when changing from 2D to 3D mode while using Navionics.
    • Fixed an issue where Navionics would get stuck at a specific zoom level unless the zoom keys were pressed three times.
    • Fixed an issue where pressing and holding to mark a waypoint or start navigation was too slow.
    • Fixed an issue where Heading Offset was not being remembered between restarts.
    • Updated the World Magnetic Model to 2020 Coefficients
    • Updated the default lat/lon format to decimal degrees (ddd.ddddd).
    • Changed the COG databox to state “GPS COG” to ensure user understanding that this data is always from GPS.
    • Changed the SOG databox to state “GPS SOG” to ensure user understanding that this data is always from GPS.
    • Change the default mark mode to Mark Favorites.

NMEA 2000

• Fixed an issue where replicated NMEA 2000 sources were being duplicated as sources in the Network/Data Sources menu.

RADAR

• Fixed an issue where RADAR Range Sync was not working.
    • Fixed an issue where the RADAR background colors were incorrectly changing when the RADAR color palette was changed.
    • Fixed an issue with adjusting RADAR Sector and Circle Guard Zone adjustment.

SONAR

• Fixed an issue where SI data would stop causing sonar to have to be turned off and then back on.
    • Fixed an issue with MEGA 360 CHIRP Frequency Spectrum ranges.
    • Fixed an issue where changing the DI frequency was causing SI to stop pinging.
    • Added manual MEGA SI+, MEGA DI+, Built-In MEGA DI, and Built-In MEGA SI transducer configuration modes.
    • Fixed an issue where 50kHz data in SwitchFire Clear Mode could appear weak.
    • Fixed an issue with digital depth and sonar data on the SM3000.
    • Removed the Depth (2) feature and change Depth (1) to “Depth”.

SYSTEM

• Fixed several Russian, Swedish, Italian, French, Finish, German, and Polish translation issues.

Software Prerequisites

• You will need:
      • software version 3.500 or later (see note at top of this page)
      • a working MMC/SD reader/writer device attached to your PC and
      • a formatted 32GB Class 10 or MMC/SD card

Instructions

In an effort to simplify the download process for individuals who own several Humminbird/Minn Kota optional add on products that are connected to the SOLIX, ONIX or ION product, we are now providing all software in one zipped file. You can own one of the above or some of them above. It is not necessary for you to delete the files of any items you do not own.

1. Save the zipped file to your PC (this will most likely be saved in your Downloads folder)
    2. Once saved to your PC, right click on the file name and select Extract All.
    3. Once this dialog box appears, click on Extract, this will then begin the extraction and saving process. Be sure to remember the destination of the file
    4. You will then have two folder with the same name, one is zipped, the other is unzipped. Open the unzipped filed.
    5. Once you open the unzipped file, copy and paste all of these files to the SD card you plan to update your unit with. You must have at least 960 MB of free space on this card.
    6. Insert the SD card into your unit and follow your typical DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PRODUCT.
    7. Occassionally you may find a file within the folder that includes the word patch. You should load the patch file to your unit also. Typically this patch will be something that fixes a bug caught late in the approval process. The patch will correct this bug.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    By the way, I think there is an error on the initial Solix 3.750 update "Please Note" section. It appears to be a holdover from the previous 3.640 update as it refers to needing to update to 3.5 before going to 3.640. I assume that it should say that you need to be at 3.5 or higher before going to the 3.750. I would assume that, if you are already at the Solix 3.640 level, you could do the 3.750 update.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Member
    So from what I’ve heard the update is just for coastal maps, is that correct?

So from what I’ve heard the update is just for coastal maps, is that correct?
    The software description is in post #386 above. You don't have to go by what you heard.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Ok I own a Helix 9&10. I can only see Solix in that update.
    Guess what should be asking is there anything in there for G2 Helix?

11. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Ok I own a Helix 9&10. I can only see Solix in that update.
    Guess what should be asking is there anything in there for G2 Helix?
    The Helix update was posted a few days ago and you just need to look back at post #381 in this thread to find the information... Or on the Humminbird Software Update web site.

12. Member
    I will update my Solix later today. The bug fixes concerning the zoom levels when changing screens was my biggest pet peeve with the unit so hopefully this cures that.

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

14. Member
    I did this update last night. After downloading per the instructions it seems that my 360 now turns in the opposite direction on my solix screen. And it turns very slow, I went to adjust the speed rate and that section was gone now and it says color adjustment 1,2,3,4 etc. And it does nothing that I could see.

One nice thing is being able to hit the power button twice and having it put the unit in sleep mode is great. I use that feature all the time with all the units when not in use on the water.
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMO View Post
    I did this update last night. After downloading per the instructions it seems that my 360 now turns in the opposite direction on my solix screen. And it turns very slow, I went to adjust the speed rate and that section was gone now and it says color adjustment 1,2,3,4 etc. And it does nothing that I could see.

One nice thing is being able to hit the power button twice and having it put the unit in sleep mode is great. I use that feature all the time with all the units when not in use on the water.
    That is unusual. Try Restore Factory Defaults to see if that straightens out the menu.
    If that doesn't fix it, contact Humminbird Customer Service, they need to know that is happening, may have to send it in for reprogramming.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Just updated a 12 HW Mega SI GPS G2N & a 9 Chirp GPS G2N to 2.28 and the network options are no longer visible in the menu. Restored factory defaults prior to the upgrade and set user mode to "custom". I've also verified my network cables are tight (they worked prior to the upgrade). Hoping I'm missing something simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks, J

Quote Originally Posted by jmcelmury View Post
    Just updated a 12 HW Mega SI GPS G2N & a 9 Chirp GPS G2N to 2.28 and the network options are no longer visible in the menu. Restored factory defaults prior to the upgrade and set user mode to "custom". I've also verified my network cables are tight (they worked prior to the upgrade). Hoping I'm missing something simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks, J
    RESTORE DEFAULTS again.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Unfortunately, no luck with the 2nd restore. Any other suggestions? I've confirmed network cable is tight on both units. Shouldn't there be a "network" row in the accessories screen that shows what is "connected" or "unconnected"? Thanks, J.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcelmury View Post
    Unfortunately, no luck with the 2nd restore. Any other suggestions? I've confirmed network cable is tight on both units. Shouldn't there be a "network" row in the accessories screen that shows what is "connected" or "unconnected"? Thanks, J.
    No in the Network menu is where networked devices are shown.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    Sorry for adding confusion. The network menu you shared is what is no longer visable on either unit after the updates.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast