Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Post Software Update Information Resource: What was added with release.

Going to try and create a thread with information on Software Updates from Humminbird and what features and when they were released. We get lots of questions with what was added and when was added and this might help others. Going to try and separate it by Sonar Technology by Models 2D Only, DI/2d Models and SI Models. If you have information to help build this resource please add. This might take a while to recall all the older versions of software.

1100 Series

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-...ml#post4184532

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-...ml#post4184710

900 Series

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-...ml#post4184797

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-...-features.html

800 Series

700 Series

500 Series

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-...ml#post4181783
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 04-02-2022 at 05:10 PM.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

2. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Got my ONIX in the mail yesterday. Won't know what version of software is on it until I get it hooked up. When I do go for the updates do I have to do it incrementally if there are updates between what is on the unit and what is the latest....or can I just go for the latest and skip any that are in between? Don't want to screw the unit software up before it even hits the water.

Thanks.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

3. Member
    Go with the latest and youi'll be good. Can't imagine why the Onix would be any different than other HB products.

Quote Originally Posted by DA TOAD View Post
    Got my ONIX in the mail yesterday. Won't know what version of software is on it until I get it hooked up. When I do go for the updates do I have to do it incrementally if there are updates between what is on the unit and what is the latest....or can I just go for the latest and skip any that are in between? Don't want to screw the unit software up before it even hits the water.

Thanks.
    Software updates include all previous software versions. You can't skip any version.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Thanks to all. I was just a little apprehensive after reading some of the stories on this forum. Thanks again. I anticipate I shoulder it all wired in tomorrow.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

Updated mine to 1.150 this weekend which is the latest lots of nice upgrades.
    --

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

800 Series

*****899ci HD SI

899ci HD SI (Version 6.940)
    Release Date: 03/27/2014
    Description : v 6.940
    General Fixes:

*Removes NMEA0183 functionality when i-pilot Link is connected.
    *Corrects issues caused when user follows the contour while recording Track and Autopilot is turned on.
    * Corrects issue where Tracks were not being deleted from all units on the network
    * Corrects POS mode allowing Chart/side Combo view to now be seen

New Features:

Have you checked the Navionics web site for their products?

Navionics+, Navionics Platinum and Platinum+ and Gold.
    * Adds sonar sharing features where the 899c1 HD SI transducer on the network can be shared with a non SI (X)X59ci HD (2014) product through the Network Source Set Up Adv. tab. It also allows SI units to subscribe to dedicated DI. Both units must have software version 6.900 or higher. This software release will be staggered between March 31 and mid May 201 4.
    * Adds Navionics platinum compatibility

899ci HD SI (Version 7.020)
    Release Date: 05/07/2014

Description:
    v7.020

General Fixes

*Removes NMEA0183 functionality when i-Pilot Link is connected
    *Corrects issues caused when user follows the contour while recording an iTrack and AutoPilot is turned on.
    *Corrects issue where iTracks were not being deleted from all units on the network Corrects POS mode allowing Chart/Side Combo view to now be seen

New Features

*Adds support for AutoChart PC and Zeroline SD cards
    *Adds sonar sharing features where the 1199ci HD SI transducer on the network can be shared with a non SI (X)X59ci HD (2014) product through the Network Source Set Up Adv. tab. It also allows SI units to subscribe to dedicated DI. Both units must have software version 7.020 or higher. This
    software release will be staggered between March 31 and mid May 2014.

Prerequisite:
    You will need:
    working MMC/SD reader/writer device attached to your PC and
    a formatted MMC/SD card

Instructions:
    Please read carefully before proceeding.
    We highly recommend that you RESTORE the defaults on your unit BEFORE you perform any software
    update. We also suggest that you disconnect any advanced accessories from the unit (i.e. Weathersense, Interlink, Cannonlink, etc) before proceeding. The exceptions to this would be if you have the MinnKota iPilot Link or the Humminbird 360 Imaging attached. Both of these items need to be connected to the unit in order to update their software which is done via Ethernet.

How to Restore Defaults:
    With the unit powered on, Press the MENU button twice to the main menu on the system. Then you press the RIGHT cursor until you get to the SETUP menu tab. Once you have reached the SETUP menu tab, use the DOWN cursor until you reach RESTORE DEFAULTS, you will then press the RIGHT cursor key to
    restore the defaults. To confirm press RIGHT cursor again.

To update with an SD CARD
    1 of 2

12/14/2014 2:12 PM

http://www.humminbird.com/support/my.../my_equipment/

1. After thoroughly reading these instructions, you can return to the Download dialogue box and click on
    Download. The software files are in a .bin format. You will not be able to open these files, they should only
    be saved.
    2. You will need to select to save this file to the SD Card. (The SD card may be listed as a removable disk, removable storage drive, SD). Do not modify the name of the file, then click on SAVE.

3. After the Download Complete dialog box appears - click CLOSE

4. Remove the SD Card from the card reader. After removing the SD card from the reader and before
    powering on the unit, we recommend that you disconnect any Advanced Accessories connected to the unit. This might include a GPS receiver, Interlink, Cannonlink, etc.

5. POWER ON YOUR UNIT, allow the unit to go through the complete start up BEFORE pressing any
    buttons or selecting any menu options.Afterthe unit has completed the loading process and you have clicked through the warnings and information, place the SD card in the unit.
    6. You will get a message on the unit saying SOFTWARE NUMBER “123” is higher than your current “120” software do you want to update?, Press the Right Cursor to Confirm.
    7. Another message will then appear saying do you want to ABORT, press the Left Cursor to NO at this time and the software update will begin. DO NOT POWER OFF THE UNIT DURING THIS TIME. If you lose
    power to the unit during the software upgrade process, it is very likely that the unit will need to be returned to the factory for updating.
    Once the update is complete the unit will restart and say current SOFTWARE NUMBER “123” installed, no update required. It is now safe to remove the SD Card, and power off the unit.

8. Once you have updated the software on the unit, we suggest that you add back your advanced
    accessories. If you have an Interlink, we suggest that you first connect to unit 1, power on the unit and allow
    it to update the software on your Interlink. After this you may reconnect the remaining advanced
    accessories.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 12-14-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    All three of my units are suppose to be interlinked. I assume they are, but when I put my navionics or lake master cards in the 998 SI unit, I an use both my 998 for side view ad the 858C for all function such as navigation map, SI, Sonar, etc. But the 858 C DI on the bow never shows the map. It displays the boat position but does not show the actual location on a lake. Any suggestions? I have yet to figure out if I upate the 998, do I disconnect it from the other 858's?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jeffcoat View Post
    All three of my units are suppose to be interlinked. I assume they are, but when I put my navionics or lake master cards in the 998 SI unit, I an use both my 998 for side view ad the 858C for all function such as navigation map, SI, Sonar, etc. But the 858 C DI on the bow never shows the map. It displays the boat position but does not show the actual location on a lake. Any suggestions? I have yet to figure out if I upate the 998, do I disconnect it from the other 858's?
    Only Onix and Ion units will share mapping.....

800 series

899ci HD SI Combo

Software Version 7.460
    Release Date 12/22/2014
    Models Affected:
    1159ci HD, 1159ci HD SI, 1159ci HD XD, 1199ci HD SI

959ci HD, 959ci HD DI, 959ci HD XD, 999ci HD SI

859ci HD, 859ci HD DI, 859ci HD XD, 899ci HD SI
    New Features:

• Added support for Lakemaster PLUS cartography with aerial imagery
    • Added support for Jigging Mode.
    • Added support for iPilot 2.5 features, which include:
      • Show Routes
      • Move / Copy iTracks
      • Prop Auto-on
      • BackTrack Distance

General Fixes:

• Fixed issue where boat icon would spin 360 if you crossed from 359 to 0 or from 0 to 359.
    • Fixed issue where DI units were still pinging 455kHz Down Imaging when on a 360 view.
    • Fixed issue where changing a number of DI settings was causing hot returns to be drawn black. This only occurred on Down Imaging views.
    • Fixed blended beam FishID.
    • Fixed issue where the sonar tab still had an Imaging Frequency option when 360 was selected as ADV source.
    • Fixed issue where Custom Chart Layers menu option was not being removed when a LakeMaster card was inserted.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Anybody know what Jigging Mode is?

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I was going to see if there were issues 1st Bob, I already have it downloaded - but "I wasn't going in the pool first..."
    I bet it helps with 2D though, either the number of pings per second or scroll rate without pixel slurring?
    If somebody doesn't get rambunctious pretty quick I am going to have to jam a card in the slot & see what color smoke it makes!
    Already have a brand new i-Pilot Link sitting here that needs S/W updates out of the box.
    A little birdy sent a new version PDF to Wayne earlier tonight....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

HMMM....this could be VERY interesting
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

14. Banned
    but "I wasn't going in the pool first..."
    Wuss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Wuss!!!
    Well ...... I was trying to be polite for a change......I had the same thought....

16. Member
    I just did the update on my 899. I'm not sure when i'll get on the water to check it out. Hopefully Friday! I'm sure hoping it helps with 2D.

I did notice one little quirk playing with it in playback mode. In the si view, if you zoom in and move the box to the left, the box gets lines. I'm not sure if it is like that on other versions.

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Playback or SIMULATOR???
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

18. Banned
    Are you talking about the zoom box? The Onix has them this update too. It's a lot easier to mark a target with them.

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar

Exclamation

WUSS???? Really.... I plan on going fishing in the next few days, 30 some degrees blowing & drifting snow and my unit is working ATM. I am NOT jigging right now and the i-P Link hasn't been installed, so I can "get by" with v7.020 right now. Any of you little girls wanna go out with me at night & rip some lip come on up! Ask Master Wayne on post #10 where that information came from, I updated v7.080 and v7.090 the very NEXT day - can I do it?? SURE. If I have an issue where my 899 goes down will it affect my planned trips out? SURE. WUSS?? I invite any one of you to come & break ice with me for some game fish like we were doing last weekend!! This ain't no summer time blues..........
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    WUSS???? Really.... I plan on going fishing in the next few days, 30 some degrees blowing & drifting snow and my unit is working ATM. I am NOT jigging right now and the i-P Link hasn't been installed, so I can "get by" with v7.020 right now. Any of you little girls wanna go out with me at night & rip some lip come on up! Ask Master Wayne on post #10 where that information came from, I updated v7.080 and v7.090 the very NEXT day - can I do it?? SURE. If I have an issue where my 899 goes down will it affect my planned trips out? SURE. WUSS?? I invite any one of you to come & break ice with me for some game fish like we were doing last weekend!! This ain't no summer time blues..........
    So......You'd rather fish than test the new update....Go figure.......Just kidding Robert.

Hopefully you won't get rain. The freezing rain or near freezing rain is what kills me......Good Fishin

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast