Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    A poster stated that he couldn't import menu settings after the update, is this true? Mine is the international model and it would be really nice to be able to do so.
    I saw that. The menu system is different and old settings would not apply.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    What does " formatted SD card" mean and how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooltim View Post
    What does " formatted SD card" mean and how do I do that?
    Formatted clears all the files on a memory card.

You do that by putting the card in your computer, right click on the drive that has the card, and select FORMAT.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Yep - nukes everything on the card & prepares it fresh and BLANK.

Be sure to choose FAT32 file format when formatting.

Formatting.jpg
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Member
    I installed the new onix software this morning in my 2 onix units and I think they both are improved all around...
    Thanks Humminbird!!!

6. Member
    I have an 1198c verson 7.670 at the bow will this unit be compatible with the Ultrex link or should I switch it out with my 1199ci HD SI

thanks Bill Got my answer on another post switching units
    Last edited by fish_1; 03-23-2017 at 07:14 AM. Reason: found answer

ONIX (Version 3.030)
    Release Date: 04/17/2017
    Description

PLEASE NOTE: SOFTWARE VERSION 3.000 MUST BE INSTALLED BEFORE RELEASE 3.03. ANY ATTEMPTED INSTALLATION WITHOUT 3.000 WILL RESULT IN A FAILED INSTALLATION. 3.000 IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS ZIPPED FILE.
    New Features
    Added support for the XM 14 74 MSI T (50/200/Low/High MEGA SI and DI metal transom mount) transducer. Since ONIX units cannot drive MEGA-related images from the transducer, only 455 and 800 kHz are supported. As a reminder, you can view MEGA Imaging on an ONIX as long as the sonar returns are sourced from a networking SOLIX MEGA SI/DI model
    Improved SI and DI Zoom resolution and size
    Summary of high profile issues addressed in 3.030:
    AIS
    Fixed an issue where the user defined Target COG vector states were not appearing correctly
    AUTOCHART/AUTOCHART LIVE
    Fixed an issue where the Depth and Shallow Water Highlight menus inside the AutoChart Live menus were not working correctly while the chart type was set to Navionics
    CHART
    Fixed an issue where LakeMaster Water Level Offset would not stay initialized correctly between two networked units after a restart
    Fixed an issue where the boat icon would not stay centered in the screen while using Navionics charts and certain zoom levels
    Fixed an issue where Navionics would hesitate or “jump back” while zooming in and out
    i-PILOT LINK
    Fixed an issue where navigating to a previously saved Spot Lock and then cancelling the Spot Lock from the i-Pilot Link remote would delete the Spot Lock as if it were temporary instead of permanent
    Fixed an issue where Follow-the-Contour was not working on Zero Line cards from LakeMaster, ChartSelect, or ZeroLine cards
    Fixed an issue where booting a secondary unit on the network while Spot Locked would not sync the Spot Lock state to the new units i-Pilot Link X-Press Remote
    Fixed an issue where the i-Pilot Link would get into a non-navigable state if it was stowed and deployed or power-cycled very quickly
    RADAR
    Fixed an issue where MARPA targeting was routinely unsuccessful on the HB 2124 Humminbird CHIRP Radar
    SONAR
    Fixed an issue where the sensitivity would not be changed correctly if it was quickly set to 1
    Fixed an issue where FishID icons would not consistently display across the entire screen on certain view types
    Fixed an issue where the Upper and Lower Range sliders would not “push” each other across the UI correctly
    SYSTEM
    Fixed an issue where the Cursor Bar readout information would not show live data if the Cursor Bar was initiated with touch
    Fixed several UI issues with the My Vessel and Engines/Tanks menus
    Fixed an issue where Simulator Mode was presenting UI before the system was completely booted
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

SOLIX Series (Version 3.0300)
    Release Date: 04/17/2017
    Description

New Features
    Bluetooth Phone Notifications
    Users can now sync their phones to SOLIX control heads to receive pop-up or banner based text messages, incoming calls, and missed call information
    Users can also see real-time cell signal strength and phone battery status from the Home Screen.
    Added support for the XM 14 74 MSI T (50/200/Low/High MEGA SI and DI metal transom mount) transducer
    Improved touch performance
    Improved SI and DI Zoom resolution and size
    Summary of high profile issues addressed in 3.030
    AIS
    Fixed an issue where the user defined Target COG vector states were not appearing correctly
    AUTOCHART/AUTOCHART LIVE
    Retuned the AutoChart Live Hardness and Vegetation Gain Offsets for SOLIX
    Fixed an issue where the Depth and Shallow Water Highlight menus inside the AutoChart Live menus were not working correctly while the chart type was set to Navionics
    CHART
    Fixed an issue where LakeMaster Water Level Offset would not stay initialized correctly between two networked units after a restart
    Fixed an issue where the boat icon would not stay centered in the screen while using Navionics charts and certain zoom levels
    Fixed an issue where Navionics would hesitate or “jump back” while zooming in and out
    i-PILOT LINK
    Fixed an issue where navigating to a previously saved Spot Lock and then cancelling the Spot Lock from the i-Pilot Link remote would delete the Spot Lock as if it were temporary instead of permanent
    Fixed an issue where Follow-the-Contour was not working on Zero Lines from LakeMaster, ChartSelect, or ZeroLine cards
    Fixed an issue where booting a secondary unit on the network while Spot Locked would not sync the Spot Lock state to the new units i-Pilot Link X-Press Remote
    Fixed an issue where the i-Pilot Link would get into a non-navigable state if it was stowed and deployed or power-cycled very quickly
    RADAR
    Fixed an issue where MARPA targeting was routinely unsuccessful on the Humminbird CHIRP Radar (HB 2124)
    SONAR
    Fixed an issue where the sensitivity would not be changed correctly if it was quickly set to 1
    Fixed an issue where FishID icons would not consistently display across the entire screen on certain view types
    Fixed an issue where the Upper and Lower Range sliders would not “push” each other across the UI correctl
    SYSTEM
    Fixed an issue where the Cursor Bar readout information would not show live data if the Cursor Bar was initiated with touch
    Fixed several UI issues with the My Vessel and Engines/Tanks menus
    Fixed an issue where Simulator Mode was presenting UI before the system was completely booted
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    YOU sir are a bad,bad, bad, bad man!
    I was going to PM you about another post I read on another site!
    It had to do with some of the notes you posted...
    LOL
    Last edited by sfw1960; 04-20-2017 at 03:43 AM.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

10. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    So looks like I have to update my ONIX again? Twice in the same spring?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    YOU sir are a bad,bad, bad, bad man!
    I was going to PM you about another post I read on another site!
    It had to do with some of the notes you posted...
    LOL
    I took your advice and cleaned out all the symbols that denoted paragraphs.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I took your advice and cleaned out all the symbols that denoted paragraphs.
    COOL.

These dang modern BBS forum software versions have so many safeguards for anti hacking stuff, you really can't even use old school HTML, the software won't let you do much.
    Last edited by sfw1960; 06-16-2017 at 08:12 PM.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

13. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    So I am ready to do the new update to my ONIX 10 and I am comfortable doing that. However I see that there are other updates for my I-pilot link and Terrova motor. I cannot seem to find any specific directions for how to get the newer software into my I-pilot Link remote or the motor.

Can someone provide a link or directions on how to do this? The jupdate is the one that was just released on the 17th of April.

Thanks. Any help greatly appreciated.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

"Let's raise up our glasses against evil forces......Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses" - Toby Keith

14. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    The instructions should appear on the pop over when you go to D/L it Gary.

Print them & follow them to a "T".
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

15. GROWING OLD WITH GRACE DA TOAD's Avatar
    Thanks swf. I didn't see that but I downloaded the I-pilot Link manual and will follow the instructions there.

16. Member
    I have a couple of Gen1 units - 9 Sonar and SI. I heard rumor that new software will have Vegetation and Hardness mapping in ACL like the new Gen 2 models. I believe the newest version for my units is 1.4? I do not see these in the list of new features or fixes?

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunger50 View Post
    I have a couple of Gen1 units - 9 Sonar and SI. I heard rumor that new software will have Vegetation and Hardness mapping in ACL like the new Gen 2 models. I believe the newest version for my units is 1.4? I do not see these in the list of new features or fixes?

It was added last update before.

http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/1-350/
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

18. Member
    Cool can I skip 1.35 and go straight to 1.4 or do I have to do both? 1.35 then 1.4?

If there is NO note that a prior update is a prerequisite, then you can go directly to the latest.

DANGER: that bottom hardness mapping is HIGHLY addictive!!!!
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunger50 View Post
    Cool can I skip 1.35 and go straight to 1.4 or do I have to do both? 1.35 then 1.4?
    Haha, ya I cant see the vegetation one being as useful as beds and weed lines change from year to year. The bottom hardness o the other hand could be a game changer for sure

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast