Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    So how has the 3.900 update been working? I am still on 3.890 and am waiting to see if it is stable before updating.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

2. Member
    So how is the 3.900 update working? I am on 3.890 and am waiting to see if 3.900 is stable before updating.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    So how is the 3.900 update working? I am on 3.890 and am waiting to see if 3.900 is stable before updating.
    Some don't like it due to the change in Bluetooth connections. Read the software description.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Actually, the Bluetooth capability was changed in 3.890. It's the same in 3.900. I have had 3.900 installed since it came out and I can't tell any difference from the 3.890 version.

If you don't have Solix 10 with the SD slot issue, I wouldn't bother doing the update... Just wait for the next one.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    I've about given up on trying to do the updates. I have a MacBook Air. Has USB C so I have to have a dongle to plug in any card. I am using the correct card but I cannot get the software to download properly to my laptop. Does Anyone have any suggestions. I've tried for most of a 3 day period and its so frustrating. I have a 15" Solix Gen2 MSI.
    2022 Caymas CX 21 Pro, 2022 Merc 250 Pro XS 4 stroke, 10" Atlas Hydraulic Plate, 24" Fury 3 Blade
    Humminbird 16" Apex Driver's Console; Two Garmin Echomap 126SV, Two Garmin LVS 34's, Humminbird 16" Apex & Mega 360, RiteHite Turret, Garmin Force Troll Motor on the Bow

6. Member
    I've even tried the fish smart app. It's taken about 3-4 hours for the download and then I receive an error message

Just spent 2 hours on fish smart app and it gave me a message- "Failed"/Internal

Any ideas here?
    Last edited by 21'Glass; 02-25-2021 at 05:01 PM.
    2022 Caymas CX 21 Pro, 2022 Merc 250 Pro XS 4 stroke, 10" Atlas Hydraulic Plate, 24" Fury 3 Blade
    Humminbird 16" Apex Driver's Console; Two Garmin Echomap 126SV, Two Garmin LVS 34's, Humminbird 16" Apex & Mega 360, RiteHite Turret, Garmin Force Troll Motor on the Bow

7. Member
    You need to get the update on an SD card 32 gig or less. Nobody has had luck downloading from FishSmart. I am not a Mac person but has seen others say they got it done using Parallels program. May be get a PC friend to do it for you.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Has to be saved to local drive, extracted to a folder and copied to an SD card 32 GB or smaller (like 16 GB) and the card must be formatted in the FAT32 file format.
    Copy the files to the card and follow the prompts depending on which software.
    If it's taking you that long to download some of that, you should go to the library because your connection is very SLOW.
    If you are going to another unit with removable storage, ensure the file system can address files over 4 GB, NTFS is required on windows to even save something big to a USB or other flash media.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

9. Member
    Thanks for the tips guys-I've done all the technical things mentioned and have done updates to my Solix unit before but for some reason it is still not working properly-the updates. Can someone email them to me?

I've edited my post-as I remember now this happened last time and someone did email the update to me and I uploaded it then. I'm currently running 3.750 on my 15" SolixG2
    Last edited by 21'Glass; 03-03-2021 at 07:45 AM. Reason: added email before

Software Update - HELIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N v. 2.440
    Released 03-08-2021
    Software Description
    New Features:
    Support for CoastMaster Premium - Florida v1.040 (602014-1):

• Complete coverage of the Florida Coast

CoastMaster VX Premium Features:

• High-quality spot sounding and depth contour data with readings as accurate as one-foot increments
    • Hundreds of navigational aids and icons to assist in navigating and enhance situational awareness
    • Thousands of points of interest, including icons marking artificial reefs, as well as tide and current stations
    • Chart adjustment features like Depth Highlight, Shallow Water Highlight and Water Level Offset, as well as identified drying areas during high tide
    • Predictive tidal direction and height, as well as the speed and direction of currents
    • Customizable chart views
    • Vector Accelerated (VX) technology provides anglers with fast loading, panning and zooming of maps and delivers five color palette options
    • Additional premium features include:
      • 2D Shaded Relief makes bottom detail and depth changes easy to spot
      • Enhanced Aerial Imagery helps anglers navigate confidently and find new fishing spots
      • Bottom Hardness layer helps anglers identify bottom composition
      • Auxiliary Contour layer provides additional contours in shallow water areas
      • [IMG]file:///C:/Users/WAYNEP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
      • Shaded Relief:
        [IMG]file:///C:/Users/WAYNEP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
      • Aerial Photography:
        [IMG]file:///C:/Users/WAYNEP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.jpg[/IMG]

Added support for the Raptor Bluetooth Stomp Switch
    For our international customers:

• Support for CoastMaster Premium - France v1.050 (602016-1 - see your local dealer for purchase information):
      • Complete coverage of the French Coast and Corsica Island areas.

• Support for Inland France v1.040 (601017-1 - see your local dealer for purchase information):
      • High-quality depth contour data with readings as accurate as one-foot increments.
      • Chart adjustment features like Depth Highlight, Shallow Water Highlight, and Water Level Offset.
      • Vector Accelerated (VX) technology provides anglers with fast loading, panning and zooming of maps and delivers five color palette options
        • Enhanced Aerial Imagery helps anglers navigate confidently and find new fishing spots (where available)

General Fixes:
    BLUETOOTH/FISHSMART

• Fixed an issue where multiple FishSmart software updates were getting “stuck” on the control head and would not be removed after an SD card update attempt.
    • Improved Bluetooth reliability by only allowing one device-type to be connected to a single control head at a time.
    • Users may change this connection to other paired device types to facilitate multiple Bluetooth device-type connections (ex. FishSmart and Talon connections).
    • Additionally, users may set up an individual connection with multiple control heads in order to support Bluetooth control of multiple device-types over the Humminbird Ethernet Network, as listed below:
      • Humminbird FishSmart and smartphone connection
      • Minn Kota Talons Anchors (Up to two anchors and connected remotes and foot switches)
      • Minn Kota Raptor Anchors (Up to two anchors and connected remotes and foot switches)
      • Cannon Optimum Downriggers (Up to four Optimums, FishHawk X4D integration and Cannon app)

• Fixed an issue with iPhone connections when the phone’s unique name contained an apostrophe.
    • Fixed an issue updating Talon and Raptor client units when the HELIX Bluetooth Device List was open.

CHART

• Fixed an issue where Heading was not correctly displaying in the Heading Databox or Overlay.
    • Fixed an issue with SmartStrike Search involving search criteria checkboxes.
    • Fixed an issue with Lakemaster Shallow Water and Depth Highlight (Note that this created a follow-up issue that will be fixed in the next release.)
    • Fixed an issue where Louisiana Delta Cards (LA Delta) could not be read.

NMEA 2000

• Fixed an issue displaying vessel attitude data.
    • Fixed an issue displaying engine hour data.
    • Fixed an issue with the Fuel Tank Override Reset Total Fuel menus (note that there is still a follow-up issue with these menus that will be fixed in a future release).

SONAR

• Fixed an issue where SI Navigation Mode was no longer functional.
    • Added a “Disable MEGA 360 Detection” option in the event that a HELIX unit falsely detected a MEGA 360.
    • Changed the name of the Connected Transducer mode for the CHIRP ice transducer to “High Wide CHIRP”.
    • Fixed a digital depth tracking issue occurring when using certain Airmar transducers.

SYSTEM

• Fixed an issue on the HELIX 15 G4N series where Standby Mode was not turning the backlight all the way off.
    • Moved the language menu to be the first item in the Setup Menu so that it is always easy to find.
    • Fixed several missing or incorrect menu text translation issues that were causing menu items to be blank, have question marks, or cause the unit to reboot.

Last edited by Wayne P.; 03-09-2021 at 06:31 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Sooooooo, it looks like the Helix is now falling in line with the Solix on the "single Bluetooth device type" restriction. I sure hope Humminbird gets their act together on the Bluetooth issues and opens things back up.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

12. Member
    Same update also available for HB 12 MDI+ G4N and 10 MDI+ G3N.

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    A new Solix Software Update was posted on 3/10. Unfortunately, it doesn't address any of the Bluetooth Issues. Here is the information:

Software Update - SOLIX G1 and G2 Series v. 3.970

Released March 10, 2021
    Software Description

PLEASE NOTE:

• This software update is not compatible with ONIX models. If you update to this software on your SOLIX from 3.350 or older, your unit will no longer be compatible over the Ethernet network with ONIX.
    • Software version 3.500 or greater must be installed prior to 3.970.
    • No damage will occur if 3.500 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    • Once 3.970 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.970.
    • You will not be able to recover back to previous software versions.
    • The defaults will be restored when 3.970 is installed.

Affected Models:

• 411050-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411040-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 411030-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411020-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 411010-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411000-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 410420-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410410-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP GPS
    • 410400-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410390-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP GPS
    • 410490-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410470-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP GPS

New Features:

Support for CoastMaster Premium - Florida v1.040 (602014-1):

• Complete coverage of the Florida Coast

CoastMaster VX Premium Features:

• High-quality spot sounding and depth contour data with readings as accurate as one-foot increments
    • Hundreds of navigational aids and icons to assist in navigating and enhance situational awareness
    • Thousands of points of interest, including icons marking artificial reefs, as well as tide and current stations
    • Chart adjustment features like Depth Highlight, Shallow Water Highlight and Water Level Offset, as well as identified drying areas during high tide
    • Predictive tidal direction and height, as well as the speed and direction of currents
    • Customizable chart views
      • Enhanced Aerial Imagery helps anglers navigate confidently and find new fishing spots
      • Bottom Hardness layer helps anglers identify bottom composition
      • Auxiliary Contour layer provides additional contours in shallow water areas
      • Shaded Relief:
      • Aerial Photography:

For our international customers:

• Support for CoastMaster Premium - France v1.050 (602016-1 - see your local dealer for purchase information):
      • Complete coverage of the French Coast and Corsica Island areas.

• Support for Inland France v1.040 (601017-1 - see your local dealer for purchase information):

• High-quality depth contour data with readings as accurate as one-foot increments.
      • Chart adjustment features like Depth Highlight, Shallow Water Highlight, and Water Level Offset.
        • Enhanced Aerial Imagery helps anglers navigate confidently and find new fishing spots (where available)

General Fixes:

Chart:

• Fixed an issue with the SmartStrike fish species search tool.
    • Updated the functionality of the Mark Favorites dialog.
    • Renamed “GPS 1” and “GPS 2” Databoxes and overlays to “Position – GPS 1” and “Position – GPS 2”.

SYSTEM

• Fixed an issue where changing the date on the Sun/Moon Tool was causing the tool to close.
    • Fixed an issue with the Trip Log and Trip Log Today tools where the Speed Over Ground readout was not showing proper units of measure.

14. Member
    I am guessing those are Apex features and they will be sending units out soon. I also think bluetooth is not changing back. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Did anyone else notice on the Helix 2.440 update and on the Accessory Test screen Mega Live is listed? I just saw that while playing around on my Helix 15.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Did anyone else notice on the Helix 2.440 update and on the Accessory Test screen Mega Live is listed? I just saw that while playing around on my Helix 15.
    Had not checked but I see it in the middle of the list.

Don't see any LIVE views in the Views menu when in Simulator.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post

Don't see any LIVE views in the Views menu when in Simulator.
    Dang ... that would have been nice.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    A new Solix Software Update was posted on 3/10. Unfortunately, it doesn't address any of the Bluetooth Issues. Here is the information:

Software Update - SOLIX G1 and G2 Series v. 3.970

Released March 10, 2021
    General Fixes:

Chart:

• Fixed an issue with the SmartStrike fish species search tool.
    • Updated the functionality of the Mark Favorites dialog.
    • Renamed “GPS 1” and “GPS 2” Databoxes and overlays to “Position – GPS 1” and “Position – GPS 2”.

SYSTEM

• Fixed an issue where changing the date on the Sun/Moon Tool was causing the tool to close.
    • Fixed an issue with the Trip Log and Trip Log Today tools where the Speed Over Ground readout was not showing proper units of measure.
    Definitely not much in the release on "FIXES". Especially didn't fix SOLIX unit's destroying large imported tracks with the SOLIX's track-scrubbing.
    Here's a couple of examples, Purple is the true track-path, gold is the scrubbed track-path.
    snp0818201419 (Custom).jpg

snp1031205748.jpg
    I'm thinking priority would be higher for a track-scrubbing fix than these 3.970/3.980 fixes.
    Last edited by LittleGazoo; 05-20-2021 at 10:02 AM.

19. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    helix 2.660
    9/15/21

anyone have any thoughts?

Software Update - HELIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N v. 2.660
    Released 09-13-2021

Software Description

Please Note:
    · The defaults will be restored when 2.660 is installed.
    New Features:
    Support for MEGA Live:
    Get must-watch detail and non-stop action. MEGA Live Imaging is a powerful sonar technology that will help you find and catch more fish. Connect to a compatible HELIX model and you'll see fish in real-time, allowing you to learn what makes the fish want to bite.
    · With no gaps in sonar coverage and industry-leading MEGA Imaging clarity throughout the entire view, you’ll see more fish, in greater detail than ever before.
    · Find where the action is. Mark and view waypoints right on your MEGA Live Imaging screen and return to the spot later.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/WAYNEP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG]
    MEGA Live Ice Mode:
    · MEGA Live is now supported in Ice Mode on new MEGA Live Ice products and previously existing ice products that support Ethernet networking and MEGA Imaging.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/WAYNEP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png[/IMG]
    MEGA 360 Ice Mode:
    · MEGA 360 is now supported in Ice Mode on new MEGA 360 Ice products and previously existing ice products that support MEGA Imaging+
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/WAYNEP~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.png[/IMG]
    General Fixes:
    CHART
    · Fixed an issue with resetting the Trip Log.
    · Fixed an issue with Chart Zoom when Databoxes are turned on.
    · Fixed an issue with Shallow Water Highlight and Depth Highlight appearing incorrectly on LakeMaster data.
    · Fixed an issue with Navionics Chart Source not being remembered between reboots.
    · Fixed an issue with Cancelling Navigation from within the GoTo Menu.
    · Fixed an issue with Route and Track visibility options.
    · Fixed several issues with Route Reverse.
    · Fixed an issue with chart object rendering with Coastmaster Vx data in Head Up mode.
    · Fixed several Coastmaster Vx Premium France and Lakemaster Vx France text display issues.
    SONAR
    · Fixed an issue with High Wide CHIRP while set to “MEGA 360 : HW” Connected Transducer mode.
    · Fixed an issue with CHIRP Frequency Ranges not being remembered between restarts.
    · Fixed an issue with the DI, SI, and 360 Enhance menus. These menus were removed and the features were placed on to the X-Press menu.
    · Fixed an issue with using the “check key” to change sonar frequencies.
    · Fixed an issue where MEGA 360 would detect as present even though it was not connected.
    NMEA 2000
    Fixed an issue with NMEA 2000 output and DSC VHF radios
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast