Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I understand.
    I used to be one of those that slapped on the latest updates, but I've become a bit more hesitant in the past 12 years or so.
    Most of the time updates have been good and I didn't understand some guys not wanting to.
    The "if it ain't broke" group if you will...
    I've never bricked a unit in dozens of updates but it can happen.
    I don't like not being able to roll back an update - so at this point I'll stay with an older version.
    Once you've done a few updates, you will get good at setting up your unit the way you like it in just a few minutes.
    I've actually had folks I've helped out asking how the heck can you whiz through that so fast?
    LOL.... Practice!
    Hope your restore does the trick & you don't require a return for service...
    GL.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

2. Member
    Any thoughts on 3.89? I like 3.75 and don't see anything that makes we want to update - there have been a few backward steps over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ncggun View Post
    Any thoughts on 3.89? I like 3.75 and don't see anything that makes we want to update - there have been a few backward steps over the years.
    It has a glitch, wait until that is fixed before you download it.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I found that when I tried to extract it - thanks. The one advantage to living in Canada is being able to read all your reviews before the ice melts and I can upgrade or not. Again, thanks.

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The Solix software update is back on the update site.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    And it extracts.

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    And it installs too! It only took 19 minutes to do the install... Will take lots of additional time to get the Views and customizations set back up.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Well, I've found one step backwards Humminbird has taken in this update. This is in the release notes but I didn't realize what it was really saying. There were several Bluetooth issues in the past release and Humminbird's remedy for this is to allow you to only attach one thing via Bluetooth. In my case, I had my Cannon Downriggers and Phone connected via Bluetooth. Now, it will only allow the Phone or Downriggers to be connected to the control head. If you want to switch back and forth, you will have to "forget" one device and pair the other. I believe the Talons, and some other items are Bluetooth connected as well. So I guess the One Boat Network is only if you have one other thing in the boat besides the control head.

I'm sure they did this because they couldn't get the Bluetooth kinks worked out but this is not the right solution!

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    And it installs too! It only took 19 minutes to do the install... Will take lots of additional time to get the Views and customizations set back up.
    Doesnt this update allow you to restore previously saved settings saved just before upgdate??
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

Quote Originally Posted by einsteins View Post
    Doesnt this update allow you to restore previously saved settings saved just before upgdate??
    It does and I did. BUT just like any other update, not all are saved.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by einsteins View Post
    Some updates allow you to restore the settings and some don't. In my case, I prefer to start new with every update. It takes longer to do it this way, but there is no risk of introducing issues which can come from restoring previous settings.

12. Member
    Some updates allow you to restore the settings and some don't. In my case, I prefer to start new with every update. It takes longer to do it this way, but there is no risk of introducing issues which can come from restoring previous settings.

If I may ask how is this done? How do you wipe the hard drive clean and reload everything? I'm very aware of how on my desktop and laptop as I've had to do that a couple of times over the past 25 years +/-.

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olecrosseyes View Post
    If I may ask how is this done? How do you wipe the hard drive clean and reload everything? I'm very aware of how on my desktop and laptop as I've had to do that a couple of times over the past 25 years +/-.
    I'm going from memory but I believe you go to the Home Screen and then select the "Files" icon. That allows you to save and restore various settings as well as do a factory reset. Also, when you first do a software upgrade, it will ask you if you want to use previous settings. If you answer yes to that, it will let you select from the various generations of menu settings you have saved.

Again, I never do this in a SW upgrade because of the possibilities of it presenting anomalies/issues. I prefer to start from scratch with each software version to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by Olecrosseyes View Post
    You don't "wipe the hard drive clean". You delete the custom settings that are different than the factory defaults settings by doing a Restore Factory Defaults.
    If you want to save your custom settings you can do that to a memory card prior to Restore Factory Default. If you are doing a software update, whether you choose to follow the instructions or not, the Restore Factory Defaults is included in the software so it gets done anyway.

Some of the custom settings are not saved when you choose to save all your settings to a memory card. Chart Globals OFF one of them I can think of as well as custom views.
    If you do a lot of customizing, it is tedious to have to manually re-do them after a software update, but is a good way to learn your unit/s better. SLYDoggie has the best approach.

In the past there have been updates than can't use any saved settings and that is stated in the description so it is useless to do it in those cases.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Thanks Wayne, I kinda thought that was the way it would have gone.

16. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Solix V3.900 software update was posted by Humminbird on 1/13/21. This update appears to only have a single fix added from the V3.890 update (see the first bullet below). It also doesn't appear to address the Bluetooth single device support step backwards from V3.890. Also, the Solix G3s are now listed in the Software Update list.

Software Description

PLEASE NOTE:

• The only difference between 3.900 and 3.890 is a fix for SD card readers issues on the SOLIX 10 “G1”.
    • If you are already running 3.890 on a SOLIX 10 G1, you will have to insert two SD Cards into the SOLIX 10 at the same time before boot time to work around the issue.
    • One card must include the 3.900 update.
    • Install the 3.900 update from the Files Tool on the Home Screen.
    • This software update is not compatible with ONIX models. If you update to this software on your SOLIX from 3.350 or older, your unit will no longer be compatible over the Ethernet network with ONIX.
    • Software version 3.500 or greater must be installed prior to 3.900.
    • No damage will occur if 3.500 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    • Once 3.900 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.900.
    • You will not be able to recover back to previous software versions.
    • The defaults will be restored when 3.900 is installed.

Affected Models:

• 411050-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411040-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 411030-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411020-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 411010-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411000-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2
    • 410420-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410410-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP GPS
    • 410400-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410390-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP GPS
    • 410490-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410470-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP GPS

Updated Features:

• Added support for networking with new SOLIX G3 Models.
    • Added Bluetooth Device List support for the new Minn Kota Raptor Stomp Switches.
    • Moved Sonar Range up in the UI so that it is more accessible.
    • Added negative 2D sonar sensitivities for greater control over the 2D return.
    • Changed the name of the “Default” waypoint marking mode to “Quick Mark”.

General Fixes:

Chart:

• Fixed an issue that was causing Navionics Auto-Routing to not function correctly.
    • Fixed an issue with Autochart Live visibility and transparency.
    • Fixed an issue where the zoom key and encoder knob would cause chart to continuously zoom in and out.
    • Fixed several issues with SmartStrike search results.
    • Fixed several issues with Coastmaster navigation icons.
    • Fixed several Navionics UI issues.
    • Fixed several issues where navigation readouts were not clearing after navigation was cancelled.
    • Fixed an issue where occasionally the chart cursor would not have valid x/y coordinates.

Bluetooth

• Improved Bluetooth reliability by only allowing one connected device-type paired to a single control head. Users may change between paired device types to make multiple Bluetooth device-type connections (ex. FishSmart and Talon connections). Additionally, users may make individual connections from multiple control heads in order to support Bluetooth control of multiple device-types over the Humminbird Ethernet Network, as listed below.
      • Humminbird FishSmart and smartphone connection
      • Minn Kota Talon anchors (Up to two anchors and connected remotes and foot switches)
      • Minn Kota Raptor anchors (Up to two anchors and connected remotes and foot switches)
      • Cannon Optimum downriggers (Up to four Cannon Optimums, FishHawk X4D integration and Cannon app)

• Fixed several issues with incoming call notifications.
    • Fixed an issue with disconnected phone status.

NMEA 2000

• Fixed an issue receiving data from various NMEA 2000 devices caused by having multiple NMEA 2000 drops connected to SOLIX units on the same Ethernet network.
    • Fixed an issue receiving fuel data over Ethernet vs. via NMEA 2000 caused by having multiple NMEA 2000 drops connected to SOLIX units on the same Ethernet network.
    • Fixed an issue where NMEA 2000 would not reconnect after rebooting a SOLIX unit.

RADAR

• Fixed an issue where RADAR Range Sync was not working.
    • Fixed an issue where the RADAR background colors were incorrectly changing when the RADAR color palette was changed.
    • Fixed an issue with adjusting RADAR Sector and Circle Guard Zone adjustment.

SONAR

• Fixed a performance issue with Side Imaging Range adjustment.
    • Fixed an issue where sonar views would not display correctly after changing views or minimizing/normalizing a view.
    • Fixed an issue where digital depth was not tracking correctly while using certain Airmar transducers.
    • Fixed an issue where MEGA 360 detection would fail after multiple transducer type changes.
    • Fixed a ping rate issue caused by setting the Water Type to Salt Water.
    • Fixed an issue where restoring CHIRP settings would set the default sonar frequencies to the wrong values.
    • Fixed an issue where manually configuring an Airmar transducer would default sonar frequencies to the wrong values.
    • Fixed an issue with several SI and MSI transducers that were defaulting sonar frequencies to the wrong values.
    • Fixed an issue where marking a waypoint on MEGA 360 when no sonar data is present would mark a waypoint at 0/0 coordinates.

SYSTEM

• Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by restarting units.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by extended usage.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by adding a new unit to the network.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by inserting or removing SD cards.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by RADAR.
    • Fixed an Ethernet networking issue caused by i-Pilot Link.
    • Fixed several networking issues caused by prior networking sync failures.
    • Fixed several general networking reliability and usability issues.
    • Fixed several touchscreen performance and reliability issues.

Software Prerequisites

• You will need:
      • software version 3.500 or later (see note at top of this page)
      • a working MMC/SD reader/writer device attached to your PC and
      • a formatted 32GB Class 10 or MMC/SD card

17. Member
    Solix V3.900 software update was posted by Humminbird on 1/13/21. This update appears to only have a single fix added from the V3.890 update (see the first bullet below). It also doesn't appear to address the Bluetooth single device support step backwards from V3.890. Also, the Solix G3s are now listed in the Software Update list.

Software Description

PLEASE NOTE:

• The only difference between 3.900 and 3.890 is a fix for SD card readers issues on the SOLIX 10 “G1”.
    • If you are already running 3.890 on a SOLIX 10 G1, you will have to insert two SD Cards into the SOLIX 10 at the same time before boot time to work around the issue.
    • One card must include the 3.900 update.
    • Install the 3.900 update from the Files Tool on the Home Screen.
    • This software update is not compatible with ONIX models. If you update to this software on your SOLIX from 3.350 or older, your unit will no longer be compatible over the Ethernet network with ONIX.

So even though Humminbird says in the first bullet, there's only one fix in this update (the SD card reader issue), then why do they list a bunch of updates, fixes, etc. below? I can't find the previous 3.89 release notes to compare with to see if they just copy/pasted everything from 3.89. I'm new to Humminbird units as of 2 months ago, so just wondering.
    2019 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    2019 Mercury 115 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by pcutch View Post
    So even though Humminbird says in the first bullet, there's only one fix in this update (the SD card reader issue), then why do they list a bunch of updates, fixes, etc. below? I can't find the previous 3.89 release notes to compare with to see if they just copy/pasted everything from 3.89. I'm new to Humminbird units as of 2 months ago, so just wondering.
    What 3.890 had plus what 3.900 added is listed. I save the notes for all updates.

Some don't bother with keeping up with the updates, so all of it is listed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    I just installed 2.320 update in my helix 7 mega. But when I try and update basemap is where the problem comes in. Is there a certain kind of SD card I should be using?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 678 View Post
    I just installed 2.320 update in my helix 7 mega. But when I try and update basemap is where the problem comes in. Is there a certain kind of SD card I should be using?
    You can use the same one you used with the unit software. Just format the card, put the map files on the card and load them. The unit won't open ZIP folder, you have to do that and put the files on the card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast