Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcelmury View Post
    Sorry for adding confusion. The network menu you shared is what is no longer visable on either unit after the updates.
    Just finished setting up networked units on my desk. It's 103 F in my garage now, ain't doing it there, LOL.

After the update, you don't get the Network tab until the unit recognizes that Network is connected, THEN you have wait a little longer for the units to recognize each other so they will be displayed in each unit's Network Source Setup. One of my units had not been networked after the update so it had no Network menu until I just connected it to another unit.

If that doesn't happen, your Ethernet connection has failed or if you have an Ethernet Switch, it isn't powered.
    Failed Ethernet can be a damaged connection pin or a conductor in the cable itself from being put in a tight turn and that turn flexed.

Anything more than that, it would be a software glitch.
    AND the G2N models seem to be the most glitchy units just going back in history of those models. I don't have any networkable G2N's so I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with them.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 07-19-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Thank you very much for your help. I'll have to find a creative way to validate the cable and plugs are good. No switch involved so one less point of failure there. It's actually not my boat so it may be a few days before I see it again to troubleshoot further. I'll definitely report back my findings.

Thanks again, J

3. Member
    If I just do the updates via fish smart app on a helix10 and 2 helix7's to 2.280 and I have Lakemaster cards for all 3 units, will I still have to down load the base maps? Will the units work with just the lakemaster cards? I don't have a clean SD card to transfer it on and don't know if it's worth the trouble getting one if I don't actually need to? I prefer fishing to downloading and transferring files

Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    If I just do the updates via fish smart app on a helix10 and 2 helix7's to 2.280 and I have Lakemaster cards for all 3 units, will I still have to down load the base maps? Will the units work with just the lakemaster cards? I don't have a clean SD card to transfer it on and don't know if it's worth the trouble getting one if I don't actually need to? I prefer fishing to downloading and transferring files
    The Humminbird basemap is the Lakemaster coverage and Coastmaster coverage, but not HD.
    The software update removes the Humminbird Basemap, your choice to replace it or not.
    Reading the new CoastMaster map card with its settings is what most of the update is about.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Are the HB installation instructions for 2.280 & Basemap correct? I.E., for the 2.280 you insert the sd card AFTER unit is booted up and for the basemap you insert the sd card before the unit is turned on? Thanks Wayne
    Alweld 1856 Stick Steer with 70 Yamaha
    Dual Power Pole Blades/ Helix 10 MSI
    80# Ulterra Link/2 Ionic Lithium 50s/ShuttleSlide Mount

USAF Ret

Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Are the HB installation instructions for 2.280 & Basemap correct? I.E., for the 2.280 you insert the sd card AFTER unit is booted up and for the basemap you insert the sd card before the unit is turned on? Thanks Wayne
    Put the memory cards in after the unit is fully operating in Normal or Simulator. Right after you do Restore Defaults.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Also if you put the Zip folder on the memory card, that doesn't work. You have to extract the 6 files and put the individual files on the memory card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    I placed both the update and basemap on my memory card, booted up and it installed fine. Does the update and then asked if I wanted to install the basemap.

Never have I updated after my units are booted and never needed too.

Software Update - HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2N v. 2.330

DO YOU PLAN TO USE BASEMAP ON THIS HELIX?

In order to use Humminbird Basemap with the latest software version of software for your HELIX, 2.330, you will also need to install a new version of the Humminbird Basemap (a separate update) IMMEDIATELY following this update if you did not do so with version 2.280. If you update your HELIX to software version 2.330 but do not install the updated Humminbird Basemap, you will not be able to view the Humminbird Basemap. If you perform the update to 2.330 update in error, there is no way to recover to a previous version.This is a two-step process. A link to the instructions to download the Updated Humminbird Basemap will be provided in the instructions to update to HELIX Software 2.330 at the bottom of this page.I understand. Continue to the update. >>

Released 08-10-2020
    Software Description

Please Note:

• The defaults will be restored when 2.330 is installed.
    • Once 2.330 is installed, you cannot downgrade to a version older than 2.330.

New Features:

Support for new HELIX Basemap Update (All HELIX GPS Models):

• All HELIX units with built-in Humminird basemaps will have their compatible basemap support updated by software update 2.280 and newer
    • As a result, all users must download and install a new basemap onto their HELIX unit
    • HELIX 5, 7, and 8 models will need to download updated HUMMINBIRD BASEMAP VERSION 2.010

Support for new Minn Kota Raptor Shallow Water Anchor (HELIX G2N and G3N Models):

• Fully control Raptor single or dual anchor installations:
      • Deploy/Retract Raptor independently or as a dual system
      • Monitor Deploy State
      • Adjust Anchor Mode (Soft Bottom, Normal, Rough Water, and Auto-Bottom)
      • Enable or Disable Active Anchoring
      • View and control Bluetooth Device Lists
      • Share Raptor across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other HELIX units
      • Update Raptors using HELIX units

Support for Cannon Optimum (HELIX G2N and HELIX G3N Models):

• Fully control up to four Cannon Optimum or Optimum TS downriggers:
      • Control features like Line Up, Line Down, Cycle Mode, and Bottom Tracking options
      • Display downrigger and Fish Hawk™ information in data boxes and overlays
      • Adjust all downriggers settings including but not limited to Line Type, Line Up/Down Speed, and PIC Voltage values
      • View and control Bluetooth Devices Lists
      • Share Cannon Optimum downriggers across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other HELIX units

General Fixes:

SYSTEM

• New for 2.330 vs. 2.280: Fixed an issue causing upgrade issues from version 1.400.

SONAR

• New for 2.330 vs. 2.280: Fixed an issue with digital depth readouts on overlays and databoxes.
    • Fixed a digital depth tracking issue on HELIX Ice models.
    • Fixed an issue where HELIX units would continue pinging while in Standby Mode.
    • Fixed an issue where 50kHz sonar data was weaker than expected while set to Switchfire Clear Mode.
    • Fixed an issue where changing MEGA DI+ display frequency would also change the MEGA 360’s display frequency.

RADAR

• Fixed an issue where RADAR Heading Offset was not working correctly.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Software Update - HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2N v. 2.320

DO YOU PLAN TO USE BASEMAP ON THIS HELIX?

In order to use Humminbird Basemap with the latest software version of software for your HELIX, 2.320, you will also need to install a new version of the Humminbird Basemap (a separate update) IMMEDIATELY following this update. If you update your HELIX to software version 2.320 but do not install the updated Humminbird Basemap, you will not be able to view the Humminbird Basemap. If you perform the update to 2.320 update in error, there is no way to recover to a previous version.This is a two-step process. A link to the instructions to download the Updated Humminbird Basemap will be provided in the instructions to update to HELIX Software 2.320 at the bottom of this page.I understand. Continue to the update. >>

Released 08-10-2020
    Software Description

Please Note:

• The defaults will be restored when 2.320 is installed.
    • Once 2.320 is installed, you cannot downgrade to a version older than 2.320.

New Features:

Support for new HELIX Basemap Update (All HELIX GPS Models):

• All HELIX units with built-in Humminird basemaps will have their compatible basemap support updated by software update 2.280 and newer
    • As a result, all users must download and install a new basemap onto their HELIX unit
    • HELIX 5, 7, and 8 models will need to download updated HUMMINBIRD BASEMAP VERSION 2.010

Support for new Minn Kota Raptor Shallow Water Anchor (HELIX G2N and G3N Models):

• Fully control Raptor single or dual anchor installations:
      • Deploy/Retract Raptor independently or as a dual system
      • Monitor Deploy State
      • Adjust Anchor Mode (Soft Bottom, Normal, Rough Water, and Auto-Bottom)
      • Enable or Disable Active Anchoring
      • View and control Bluetooth Device Lists
      • Share Raptor across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other HELIX units
      • Update Raptors using HELIX units

Support for Cannon Optimum (HELIX G2N and HELIX G3N Models):

• Fully control up to four Cannon Optimum or Optimum TS downriggers:
      • Control features like Line Up, Line Down, Cycle Mode, and Bottom Tracking options
      • Display downrigger and Fish Hawk™ information in data boxes and overlays
      • Adjust all downriggers settings including but not limited to Line Type, Line Up/Down Speed, and PIC Voltage values
      • View and control Bluetooth Devices Lists
      • Share Cannon Optimum downriggers across the Humminbird Ethernet network to other HELIX units

General Fixes:

SYSTEM

• New for 2.320 vs. 2.280: Fixed an issue causing upgrade issues from version 1.400.

SONAR

• New for 2.320 vs. 2.280: Fixed an issue with digital depth readouts on overlays and databoxes.
    • Fixed a digital depth tracking issue on HELIX Ice models.
    • Fixed an issue where HELIX units would continue pinging while in Standby Mode.
    • Fixed an issue where 50kHz sonar data was weaker than expected while set to Switchfire Clear Mode.
    • Fixed an issue where changing MEGA DI+ display frequency would also change the MEGA 360’s display frequency.

RADAR

• Fixed an issue where RADAR Heading Offset was not working correctly.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Banned
    I guess this is the best place to ask this question. I need to update my Helix 8's to the 2.280 but I don't see that it would make a huge difference with the fix's that are listed. I haven't done an update since I have had my units (last December) because I am afraid I will screw something up and have to send them back. How often is it that something happens and they need to be sent back?

I tried to find this question, but I didn't have any luck so I am sorry if it has been asked.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    I guess this is the best place to ask this question. I need to update my Helix 8's to the 2.280 but I don't see that it would make a huge difference with the fix's that are listed. I haven't done an update since I have had my units (last December) because I am afraid I will screw something up and have to send them back. How often is it that something happens and they need to be sent back?

I tried to find this question, but I didn't have any luck so I am sorry if it has been asked.
    There is no "how often". It is random for any unit at any time. Sometimes it is self inflicted by not following the instructions.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Banned
    Okay, got both units updated with the new software (2.280) and the basemap (2.010) but now when I put my lakemaster card in, it doesn't give me the option to view it.

What do I need to do different?

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    Okay, got both units updated with the new software (2.280) and the basemap (2.010) but now when I put my lakemaster card in, it doesn't give me the option to view it.

What do I need to do different?
    Lakemaster has priority, Auto reads the Lakemaster card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Banned
    It doesn't show my lake list anymore

16. Member
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post

There is no Lake List tab. I know how to view it, that's why I can't figure out why I can't see it anymore.

18. Member
    Have you reset to defaults since you updated? Maybe try that. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    What unit did this happen on?
    Agreed, reset to defaults again ....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

20. Banned
    HELIX 8 MEGA SI+ G3N

After the basemap updated I turned the unit off, took the micro sd card out, put the lakemaster card in and turned it back on and it didn't work. I thought it was already restored after the software update, no?

I will mess with it later, I really don't want to restore again after going back in and changing all my settings today. I wish there was a way to save all of that.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast