Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Software Update - HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3N v. 2.110
    Released 08-14-2019

Software Description

New Features:

• LiveShare ZeroLine Support (GPS Models Only) - Multiple shoreline sources can now be individually selected in the AutoChart Live menu for use with AutoChart Live data including: “AutoChart PC” shorelines, new and improved AutoChart “LiveShare” shorelines, or “Zero Line SD Card” shorelines. Choose the one that works best for your lake or let the system automatically select based on the data that is available on-screen.
    • Imaging Water Column Sensitivity (Imaging Models Only) – SwitchFire on Side Imaging and Down Imaging has been changed to Water Column Sensitivity. This feature allows the user to increase or decrease the sensitivity of the sonar return that is in the water column. Once this is done, the user can adjust the sensitivity of the entire sonar return with the Sensitivity menu setting.
    • Imaging Contrast Improvements (Imaging Models Only) – Updated the contrast table for Side Imaging and Down Imaging Contrast
    • Ice Mode on HELIX 8, 9, and 10 Models – Humminbird Ice Mode is now available on HELIX 8, 9, and 10 G2N/G3N models.
    • Dynamic Imaging Contrast (Imaging Models Only) – Automatically enhances the contrast of the selected Side Imaging or Down Imaging color palette.

General Fixes:
    SONAR:

• Fixed a sonar noise issue at 30 FT deep.
    • Fixed a CHIRP frequency range issue at 130 kHz.
    • Fixed an issue where DI Contrast was not functional on 455 and 800 kHz on G3/G3N models and 455/800/MEGA on G2/G2N models.

360 IMAGING:

• Fixed an issue where deploying the transom mount 360 Imaging would cause 2D, DI, and SI to stop scrolling until the unit was rebooted.
    • Fixed an issue with the sonar cursor on 2D, DI, and SI panes that was being caused by 360 Imaging.

i-PILOT LINK:

• Fixed an issue where Follow-the-Contour would not populate on AutoChart Live data that was being displayed on top of the Humminbird Basemap.

CHART:

• Fixed an issue where heading data from the AS GPS HS would not display in a heading databox.

SYSTEM:

• Fixed an issue where putting a networked unit into Ice Mode would leave the unit is an invalid Open Water Mode / Ice Mode state.
    • Fixed several Bluetooth device pairing issues.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Software Update - HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2 v. 2.110
    Released 08-14-2019

Software Description
    New Features:

• LiveShare ZeroLine Support (GPS Models Only) - Multiple shoreline sources can now be individually selected in the AutoChart Live menu for use with AutoChart Live data including: “AutoChart PC” shorelines, new and improved AutoChart “LiveShare” shorelines, or “Zero Line SD Card” shorelines. Choose the one that works best for your lake or let the system automatically select based on the data that is available on-screen.
    • Imaging Water Column Sensitivity (Imaging Models Only) – SwitchFire on Side Imaging and Down Imaging has been changed to Water Column Sensitivity. This feature allows the user to increase or decrease the sensitivity of the sonar return that is in the water column. Once this is done, the user can adjust the sensitivity of the entire sonar return with the Sensitivity menu setting.
    • Imaging Contrast Improvements (Imaging Models Only) – Updated the contrast table for Side Imaging and Down Imaging Contrast
    • Dynamic Imaging Contrast (Imaging Models Only) – Automatically enhances the contrast of the selected Side Imaging or Down Imaging color palette.

General Fixes:
    SONAR:

• Fixed an issue that was causing SI and DI returns to be 10 sensitivity values too weak on G2/G2N models.
    • Fixed an issue with the SI Enhance menu that was causing Sharpness and Contour Mode to allow invalid menu options.
    • Fixed an issue where DI Contrast was not functional on 455 and 800 kHz on G3/G3N models and 455/800/MEGA on G2/G2N models.

360 IMAGING:

• Fixed an issue where deploying the transom mount 360 Imaging would cause 2D, DI, and SI to stop scrolling until the unit was rebooted.
    • Fixed an issue with the sonar cursor on 2D, DI, and SI panes that was being caused by 360 Imaging.

i-PILOT LINK:

• Fixed an issue where Follow-the-Contour would not populate on AutoChart Live data that was being displayed on top of the Humminbird Basemap.

CHART:

• Fixed an issue where heading data from the AS GPS HS would not display in a heading databox.

SYSTEM:

• Fixed an issue where putting a networked unit into Ice Mode would leave the unit is an invalid Open Water Mode / Ice Mode state.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Software Update - HELIX 7 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3 v. 2.110
    Released 08-14-2019
    Software Description
    New Features:

• Built-In MEGA SI+ Support (MEGA SI/MEGA SI+ models only) – New transducer mode that supports the Minn Kota Built-In MEGA SI+ transducer.

General Fixes:
    SONAR:

• Fixed an issue with the SI Enhance menu that was causing Sharpness and Contour Mode to allow invalid menu options.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing HELIX 7 G3/G3N units to fail to ping in cold environments.
    • Fixed an issue where SI Color Palette could not be changed on the HELIX 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3.

360 IMAGING:

i-PILOT LINK:

CHART:

SYSTEM:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Software Update - ONIX / ION Series v. 3.350
    Released 09/13/2019

Software Description

PLEASE NOTE:

• Software version 3.040 or greater must be installed prior to 3.350. No damage will occur if 3.040 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful. 3.040 is also included in this zipped file.
    • Version 3.000 must be installed prior to any of these installations. If you are not running version 3.000, click here to install it prior to this installation.

Updated Features:

• None

Summary of issues that have been addressed in v3.300:

SONAR

• Fixed several issues with 2D sonar digital depth tracking.

i-PILOT LINK

• Fixed several issues with Follow-the-Contour engagement and extensionsFixed several issues with 2D sonar digital depth tracking
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    When will they put out a fix for the Helix 12 Chirp SI GPS? Specifically below.

360 IMAGING:

CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G3N v. 2.180
    Released 12-19-2019

Software Description

New Feature:

• MEGA 360 (HELIX 8, 9, 10, 12 G3N MEGA Imaging+ Models)
      • Surround yourself with more detail than ever before. New MEGA 360 Imaging™ sweeps up to 125’ in every direction around your boat to deliver the clearest images you’ve ever seen of structure, the bottom, and fish.
      • MEGA 360 Imaging is compatible with HELIX® Series fish finders equipped with MEGA Imaging+:
      • All HELIX G2N and G3N units can subscribe to MEGA 360 over Ethernet from the MEGA Imaging+ model where MEGA 360 is directly connected.
      • MEGA 360 is available in two “motor-compatible” models:
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Software Update - HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G3N v. 2.180
    Released 12-19-2019

Software Description
    New Feature:

• MEGA 360 (HELIX 8, 9, 10, 12 G3N MEGA Imaging+ Models)
      • Surround yourself with more detail than ever before. New MEGA 360 Imaging™ sweeps up to 125’ in every direction around your boat to deliver the clearest images you’ve ever seen of structure, the bottom, and fish.
      • MEGA 360 Imaging is compatible with HELIX® Series fish finders equipped with MEGA Imaging+:
      • All HELIX G2N and G3N units can subscribe to MEGA 360 over Ethernet from the MEGA Imaging+ model where MEGA 360 is directly connected.
      • MEGA 360 is available in two “motor-compatible” models:
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Mega 360 support? Is that all that's included in v2.18 for the Helix 10 SI Gen 2 units? Nothing else like support for HW like the units sold recently at BPS/Cabelas?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Mega 360 support? Is that all that's included in v2.18 for the Helix 10 SI Gen 2 units? Nothing else like support for HW like the units sold recently at BPS/Cabelas?
    Yes the HW promotional model from BPS is listed Jim. I just looked at the update list and the HW has it’s own download.
    I understand that if you attempt to update with wrong update on SD card unit won’t recognize the update.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    Yes the HW promotional model from BPS is listed Jim. I just looked at the update list and the HW has it’s own download.
    I understand that if you attempt to update with wrong update on SD card unit won’t recognize the update.
    I saw that HB is now treating the HW (BPS) G2N as a model separate from the other G2N models. I was hoping HB would give the many, many G2N users the same upgrade they gave the BPS G2N users when the got the HW upgrade over the holidays. Why come out with a separate model unit (BPS) when all that was (apparently) necessary was to upgrade the existing G2N models to make them compatible overall with the HW transducers?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    I saw that HB is now treating the HW (BPS) G2N as a model separate from the other G2N models. I was hoping HB would give the many, many G2N users the same upgrade they gave the BPS G2N users when the got the HW upgrade over the holidays. Why come out with a separate model unit (BPS) when all that was (apparently) necessary was to upgrade the existing G2N models to make them compatible overall with the HW transducers?
    yea, kinda confusing as soon as I got home I noticed the model number was strange. Read several post from others as confused as me. After I read all I could find, even that the comes with xdcr would not be available I called HB.
    Was told these units were built exclusively for BPS/Cabelas. There not left over Gen 2 units. Mine was built September 10, 2019 so I have a new discontinued Gen 2. HW.
    They told me the xdcr would be available in case of failure during warranty and for purchase out of warranty. Only catch is will not be a vendor item, must purchase directly from HB. Also xdcr could not be used with any other unit. The unit will work with the original Gen2 xdcr but you will loose HW Low Q.
    For the price I’m going to hold on to it and hope for the best. Not been able to install yet.
    I guess you could say it’s improvement over original Gen2 but not a Gen3.

Software Update - SOLIX Series v. 3.640
    Released 12/23/2019
    Software Description
    PLEASE NOTE:

• This software update is not compatible with ONIX models. If you update to this software from 3.350 or older, your unit will no longer be compatible over the Ethernet network with ONIX.
    • Software version 3.500 or greater must be installed prior to 3.640.
    • No damage will occur if 3.500 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    • Once 3.640 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.640.
    • Users will not be able to recover back to previous software versions.
    • The defaults will be restored when 3.640 is installed.

Affected Models:

• 411050-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411040-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    • 411030-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2 411020-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    • 411010-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G2
    • 411000-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA DI+ G2 CHO
    • 410420-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410410-1 - SOLIX 15 CHIRP GPS
    • 410400-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410390-1 - SOLIX 12 CHIRP GPS
    • 410490-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS
    • 410470-1 - SOLIX 10 CHIRP GPS

Updated Features:

• MEGA 360 (SOLIX G2 MEGA Imaging + Models) - Surround yourself with more detail than ever before. New MEGA 360 Imaging™ sweeps up to 125’ in every direction around your boat to deliver the clearest images you’ve ever seen of structure, the bottom, and fish. Learn more at humminbird.com/mega360

MEGA 360 Imaging is compatible with SOLIX® Series fish finders equipped with MEGA Imaging+:
    • All SOLIX series units can subscribe to MEGA 360 over Ethernet from the SOLIX G2 MEGA Imaging+ model where the MEGA 360 is directly connected.

• SOLIX WiFi Tool | Navionics Plotter Sync Support (SOLIX G2)
      • Transfer routes & markers - Transfer waypoints and routes between your Humminbird card and Navionics mobile app. Active app subscription is required.
      • Update charts - Update charts on your Navionics SD card to get the most current data via Plotter Sync. Active subscriptions and matching regions are required on both the Navionics card and the app.

Summary of issues that have been addressed in v 3.640:

CHART

• Fixed an issue causing all waypoints exported from 3.500 or later to import as blue flag icons.

SONAR

• Fixed an issue where RTS Window on/off and Global on/off settings were not remembered between restarts.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Just bought a boat and the guy had not updated his software at all, updated with the newest software today, should this fix any issues i was having, units were Solix 12 SI and Solix 10 SI, he had 3.350 on them

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul82 View Post
    Just bought a boat and the guy had not updated his software at all, updated with the newest software today, should this fix any issues i was having, units were Solix 12 SI and Solix 10 SI, he had 3.350 on them
    I have all the released software versions for the first generation SOLIX 12 SI and 3.350 is not one of them.

Each version has some changes with either fixes, additions, or both. There are several between 3.040 and 3.640

So report if that version fixed any issues you had.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

So with the v2.18 and Helix G2 Mega Di. From what I`m reading you can run Mega 360 on the G2 units now as long as they have Mega? Also Is it possible to direct connect Mega 360 to a Mega Gen2 unit and use it as a dedicated Mega 360 unit? Or does it have to go through ethernet?
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    So with the v2.18 and Helix G2 Mega Di. From what I`m reading you can run Mega 360 on the G2 units now as long as they have Mega? Also Is it possible to direct connect Mega 360 to a Mega Gen2 unit and use it as a dedicated Mega 360 unit? Or does it have to go through ethernet?
    No, you can DISPLAY MEGA 360 from a G3N SI+ or G3N DI+ connected MEGA 360.

This is what the software description states:
    All HELIX G2N and G3N units can subscribe to MEGA 360 over Ethernet from the MEGA Imaging+ model where MEGA 360 is directly connected.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    I have a Helix 9 G2N Sonar/GPS only. No other units on boat except LiveScope. Have SW version 2.11 on it now. Do I need to download SW 2.18 since I have no other Mega Units at all?

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by WayneM1946 View Post
    I have a Helix 9 G2N Sonar/GPS only. No other units on boat except LiveScope. Have SW version 2.11 on it now. Do I need to download SW 2.18 since I have no other Mega Units at all?

Wayne
    If your unit is not MEGA SI or MEGA DI Imaging, you don't have a MEGA unit so there is no "no other MEGA units".

There may be some part of the update that you can benefit from.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    where do find 3.500 update for the solix my 12 is 3.420 and my 10 is 3.360 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayray64 View Post
    where do find 3.500 update for the solix my 12 is 3.420 and my 10 is 3.360 ?
    It is included in the current software download Zip folder along with 3.040 and 3.640
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast