Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    Trying to update my Solix 12. Tried backing up my nav data, when I put the SD card in nothing happens, says "no valid media not available". So even tried just putting the SD card in with the software update and same thing happens.....nothing. Any tips???

What size card?

Is the card formatted to FAT 32?

Is the card unlocked?

For the software, did you open the Zip file and only put the unit software on the card?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    64MB, YES UNLOCKED, YES ON THE ZIP. UNZIPPED AND PUT FILES ON CARD. NOT SURE WHAT FAT 32 IS?? THAT MAY BE MY PROBLEM...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    What size card?

Is the card formatted to FAT 32?

Is the card unlocked?

For the software, did you open the Zip file and only put the unit software on the card?
    AND YES IT WAS A BLANK CARD, SO ONLY THE SOFTWARE FILES ARE ON IT.

64MB, YES UNLOCKED, YES ON THE ZIP. UNZIPPED AND PUT FILES ON CARD. NOT SURE WHAT FAT 32 IS?? THAT MAY BE MY PROBLEM...
    Using a 64GB card is your first mistake. Humminbird units use up to a 32 GB size.

Some have reformatted a larger card to FAT 32 and can use it. Since you don't know what that is, use the proper size card.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Using a 64GB card is your first mistake. Humminbird units use up to a 32 GB size.

Some have reformatted a larger card to FAT 32 and can use it. Since you don't know what that is, use the proper size card.
    OK THANKS FOR THE HELP. DIDN'T THINK USING A BIGGER SIZE TO INSURE SPACE WOULD BE AN ISSUE LOL.

6. Member

SO EVEN FOR BACKING UP ALL MY NAV DATA I SHOULDN'T USE ANYTHING LARGER THAN A 32GB?

SO EVEN FOR BACKING UP ALL MY NAV DATA I SHOULDN'T USE ANYTHING LARGER THAN A 32GB?
    Unless you do a lot of recording, you won't ever need a memory card larger than 16 GB and only that size if you do a Helix 9, 10, 12 update with the Humminbird basemap.

Usually a 4GB is plenty large.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Unless you do a lot of recording, you won't ever need a memory card larger than 16 GB and only that size if you do a Helix 9, 10, 12 update with the Humminbird basemap.

Usually a 4GB is plenty large.
    10-4, appreciate it!

9. Banned
    If all you have are 64s and you want to use them, read this. Just reformat the card using the app linked

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=843729

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    If all you have are 64s and you want to use them, read this. Just reformat the card using the app linked

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=843729
    THANKS TROY, JUST SEEN THIS. OVER THE WEEKEND I HAD AN EXTRA 32GB AND JUST USED THAT.

My newly purchased Helix 10 has version 1.400 (according to the info screen). Latest is 1.540. What came in between and do I need to update to those before going to 1.540?

PS: How large of a file is it? Will a 1gb card be large enough? Only one I can find right now. Otherwise it's off the the store for a larger one.

PSS: Nevermind, I figured it out, I think. Looks like it updated ok. Will find out in a couple of hours.
    Last edited by Ohio Archer; 11-21-2017 at 03:09 AM.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS (Version 1.610)
    Release Date: 01/14/2018

Description:

NEW FEATURES
    Added a new Arrival Mode for i-Pilot Link - If an i-Pilot Link is paired to the Talon BT, all HELIX series units that are Ethernet capable will be able to select Auto Deploy Talon as an Arrival Mode
    FishSmart 2.0 Support – FishSmart has been improved with a new look, improved chart navigation, and two huge new features:
    You can now pair your smartphone with your HELIX G2N unit to download software updates directly onto internal hard-drive of the paired unit’s control head. You can also download software updates for additional units (including original HELIX models) in your network by downloading files onto an SD card inside the paired unit. Once you have done that, you simply insert the SD card into your other unit(s) to update the software.

General Fixes:
    Fixed an issue that caused HELIX units to lose MAP access after receiving a picture on an Android 6.0 device.
    Fixed an issue where HELIX SI units were getting a second return in the water column if Jigging Mode was ON.
    Fixed an issue where text messages where being cleared (marked as read) on the users phone after a HELIX control head received the message.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Banned
    I tried to copy and past the details of the solix update, but the board won’t let me post it

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    I tried to copy and past the details of the solix update, but the board won’t let me post it
    I tried that Sunday. There is some limit to how many characters can be posted at one time.
    Same thing happened a while ago with a large software description, I split that up in two posts. I have not tried to do that this time.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Someone in a previous post was saying the Helix 12 1.61 update corrected the ability to hide the radar views even though it wasn't in the description. Any reason why they didn't include the other models in the update? I have a Helix 10 and didn't have the software loaded on the account. Sent an email to try to find out but that may take a while.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Someone in a previous post was saying the Helix 12 1.61 update corrected the ability to hide the radar views even though it wasn't in the description. Any reason why they didn't include the other models in the update? I have a Helix 10 and didn't have the software loaded on the account. Sent an email to try to find out but that may take a while.
    It takes a while to update everyone's account for all the different models, everyone can't be first.
    I did the first generation Helix 12 CHIRP SI update a couple of hours ago.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I bet the Chirp Ice XDCR is going to find it's way onto some of the bigger MDI units on ATV's!!

https://www.humminbird.com/Products/...-CHIRP-GPS-G2/
    Standard Sonar Frequency:130-250 kHz
    Sweet!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

18. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The Solix V3.110 update as of 1/13/18 is now available for download on the Humminbird site. This update now allows the Solix to work with the new 1.051 Basemap update. From the instructions, it sounds like you can download this 3.110 Solix update and the 1.051 Basemap update on the same SD card and then boot the Solix with that SD card inserted to do both updates. First the Solix update will be performed then, after it reboots, you go to the "Files" menu and select the Basemap update. The Basemap update will be completed as a second step.

I won't be able to check this out for a few weeks but would be interested in how the update goes for others. I'm also anxious to see the new Basemap.

The instructions indicate this also applies to the Onix and ION units as well.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

SOLIX Series (Version 3.110)
    Release Date: 01/13/2018

Partial due to file size

Description:

PLEASE NOTE:
    Software version 3.040 must be installed prior to 3.110. No damage will occur if 3.040 is not installed, but the update will not be successful.
    Once 3.110 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.110. Users will not be able to “recover” back to 3.040.

New Features:
    • Humminbird Basemap support – The new Humminbird Basemap includes contours, navigation aids, and points of interest for more than 10,000 U.S. inland lakes and you'll have shorelines for hundreds of thousands more. Additionally, the Basemap offers precise charting data for the entire U.S. coast, using the most trusted name in saltwater navigation as the primary data source - NOAA.
    • TALON shallow water anchor support – New TALON anchors can now be paired and fully controlled by SOLIX Series units via the Bluetooth Tool and Power Menu. If both i-Pilot Link and TALON are connected then the TALON controls will integrate into the i-Pilot Link X-Press Remote that is on the SOLIX power menu. For more details visit: https://www.minnkotamotors.com/Shall...ors/New-Talon/
    Dual Spectrum CHIRP MEGA DI Transducer Support – The new MEGA DI transducers can be connected to – and are fully supported by – SOLIX MEGA SI and SOLIX models. These transducers, available as an add-on accessory, come in both transom mount and trolling motor mount versions and feature MEGA Down Imaging and a low-q high frequency CHIRP element for more defined fish marks.
    o 710271-1 XM 14 20 MDI T Transom Mount MDI Transducer
    o 710272-1 XTM 14 20 MDI T Trolling Motor MDI Transducer

• New Data Overlay Options – Data Overlays are now specific to each view rather than being specific to each application pane in each view. This means that there are fewer settings to adjust and less redundant data on the screen.
    o The new Data Overlays can be quickly edited via touch or the keypad. Data Overlay options are now the same as what was previously provided in the data bar. Overlays can be grouped, moved, change sizes, and change colors
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 02-04-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

20. Member
    HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS (Version 1.610)
    Release Date: 01/14/2018

Description:

NEW FEATURES
    Added a new Arrival Mode for i-Pilot Link - If an i-Pilot Link is paired to the Talon BT, all HELIX series units that are Ethernet capable will be able to select Auto Deploy Talon as an Arrival Mode
    FishSmart 2.0 Support – FishSmart has been improved with a new look, improved chart navigation, and two huge new features:
    You can now pair your smartphone with your HELIX G2N unit to download software updates directly onto internal hard-drive of the paired unit’s control head. You can also download software updates for additional units (including original HELIX models) in your network by downloading files onto an SD card inside the paired unit. Once you have done that, you simply insert the SD card into your other unit(s) to update the software.

General Fixes:
    Fixed an issue that caused HELIX units to lose MAP access after receiving a picture on an Android 6.0 device.
    Fixed an issue where HELIX SI units were getting a second return in the water column if Jigging Mode was ON.
    Fixed an issue where text messages where being cleared (marked as read) on the users phone after a HELIX control head received the message.
    This update also added the clock to the SI overaly readouts (YAY!)

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast